Colorado and Washington Legalize pot.

Liquidnails
Generalissimo Postalot

Colorado and Washington Legalize pot.

Post by Liquidnails »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/0 ... 86023.html

Colorado and Washington became the first states to legalize recreational marijuana in the prohibition era on Tuesday, dealing a major blow to the war on drugs. Medical marijuana was also legalized in Massachusetts, underlining long-running trends in public opinion toward more permissive attitudes on drugs.

"To put this into historical context, there is no historical context," said Tom Angell, spokesperson for Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. "It's the first time any state has ever voted to legalize marijuana -- and two of them did it."
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Re: Colorado and Washington Legalize pot.

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

and industrial hemp. Woohoo!
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

They are not only the first states but the first places in the entire world to fully legalise marijuana. Every other place has only decriminalized before that.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Buy hemp shares as soon as it goes ISO on the NYSE.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Unlike the MJ you have almost a worldwide dist opp.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

Buy the time they Legalize pot it will all be GMO any way. Bound to kill you.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

good to see some progress here .. i wonder if it wont hurt the local economy tho ..
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

It is progress but the federal gov't still holds the hammer ever since Nixon declared the war on drugs. At least in gthe US it might be challenged under the constitution. In Canada it is strictly federal and Harper makes his decisions based on idiology. With mandetory sentences he has shown he will continue to waste lives and money. Hopefully momentum in the States continues and the next PM will follow suit.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

theyeti wrote:good to see some progress here .. i wonder if it wont hurt the local economy tho ..

How so? I think its just saved a state or two. Think of all the applications with hemp. Its also hardy and with the droughts they have had its still going to create a good revenue stream in those conditions. Couple of thoughts anyway.
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

i mean our economy not theirs lol
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Poindexter wrote:It is progress but the federal gov't still holds the hammer ever since Nixon declared the war on drugs. At least in gthe US it might be challenged under the constitution. In Canada it is strictly federal and Harper makes his decisions based on idiology. With mandetory sentences he has shown he will continue to waste lives and money. Hopefully momentum in the States continues and the next PM will follow suit.

It's going to snowball from here. Everyone has been holding off for someone else to be the first. I would be very surprised if Canada has not at lease decriminalized within 5 years.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
ford150

Post by ford150 »

theyeti wrote:good to see some progress here .. i wonder if it wont hurt the local economy tho ..

they had a story on this on CBC this morning http://www.cbc.ca/daybreaksouth/#igImgId_54896
Yes it will hurt our economy. Apparently its big business here, who would have thunk it. Might explain all the nice cars and full parking lots at the mall. Kelowna is affordable if you have a green, tax free, industry in your closet.
noneofyourbiz3
Übergod

Post by noneofyourbiz3 »

Ahh yes. Well then maybe our gov should follow the example. Anyone who knows the history knows its time to acknowledge the benefits. Wonder how many seeds Marc Emery sold to those states in the past.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

noneofyourbiz3 wrote:Ahh yes. Well then maybe our gov should follow the example. Anyone who knows the history knows its time to acknowledge the benefits. Wonder how many seeds Marc Emery sold to those states in the past.

I think Harpers message is clear.
on the same day that voters in two states approved the legalization of marijuana the Harper government in Ottawa was bringing into force tough new mandatory penalties for pot.

Tuesday was also the day that drug measures in the Conservative government's omnibus Safe Streets and Communities Act came into full force and effect.

The new law provides a mandatory six month jail term for growing as few as six marijuana plants.

"Today our message is clear that if you are in the business of producing, importing or exporting of drugs you'll now face jail time," Justice Minister Rob Nicholson said.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

"Safe streets act", Harper and nicholson are so full of crap, all they've done is up the violence ante. They are traitors to their own people.

Return to “World”