Earthquakes worldwide 6.0 or greater

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Earthquakes worldwide 6.0 or greater

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Interesting story from near Yellowstone from a Yahoo article...

Hiker burned, two dogs die after leaping into Idaho hot springs

SALMON, Idaho (Reuters) - A man hiking through a national forest in Idaho suffered severe burns and his two dogs were scalded to death when both canines plunged into a hot spring and he jumped in after them to try to save his pets, authorities said on Tuesday.

The freak accident occurred last week in the Panther Creek Hot Springs, a popular spot in the sprawling Salmon-Challis National Forest, about 50 miles (80 km) northwest of the tourist town of Salmon in east-central Idaho.

Temperatures at Panther Creek, usually mild enough for human bathing, had apparently grown dangerously high, possibly from drought conditions that may have curtailed cool water flows that normally mix with the springs' geothermally heated groundwater, forest spokeswoman Amy Baumer said.

Read more....http://news.yahoo.com/hiker-burned-dog- ... 48880.html

Donald G wrote:To GordonH, Quailize others who have intermittently contributed to the thread ...

In my opinion this is likely one of the most scientifically supported and informative strings on The Okanagan's Discussion Forum. Your efforts continue to be much appreciated. Earthquakes are of significant importance in determining volcanic activity and volcanic activity has always been one of the determining factors in our attempts to populate the earth.

It is world views like you are portraying that will eventually enable science to identify, track and follow potential Super Volcano sites around the world. Including another one at Yellowstone. Knowledge is power.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... al_summary

Its been upgraded from x2/ 7.9 quakes to 1/ 8.3 quake
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Chile is rather active today:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/ ... al_summary

So far (only counting +6.0 quakes) there has been 9 quakes in the area of Chile ranging from 6.1 to 8.3 plus many more under that in the last 5 days.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Make you wonder if there's going to be a really big one. 9.0 or up coming up soon.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Queen K ...

I told you to quit that infernal banging your feet on the ground type dancing a while ago. Now it might be too late.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:Make you wonder if there's going to be a really big one. 9.0 or up coming up soon.

Cascadia subduction zone (google that) is due for major quake, 9+ could happen. Which would be very bad.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Return to “World”