Earthquakes worldwide 6.0 or greater

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Earthquakes worldwide 6.0 or greater

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

GordonH wrote:https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/us10008kce

Man Films Moment Chile Earthquake Violently Shakes Apartment Building

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ee2_1493095447
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

6.0 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Off Taiwan Coast – Central Weather Bureau

A strong earthquake occurred off the Taiwanese coast on Sunday morning, the country’s Central Weather Bureau reported.

BEIJING (Sputnik) — A 6.0 magnitude earthquake occurred on Sunday morning to the southeast of Taiwan, according to the report.

The agency stated that the earthquake occurred at 9:57 a.m. local time (1:57 GMT), some 163 kilometers (101 miles) to the southeast of Taitung County. The epicenter of the quake was located at the depth of 96 kilometers, the agency said.

https://sputniknews.com/asia/2017043010 ... ts-taiwan/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

averagejoe wrote:6.0 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Off Taiwan Coast – Central Weather Bureau

A strong earthquake occurred off the Taiwanese coast on Sunday morning, the country’s Central Weather Bureau reported.

BEIJING (Sputnik) — A 6.0 magnitude earthquake occurred on Sunday morning to the southeast of Taiwan, according to the report.

The agency stated that the earthquake occurred at 9:57 a.m. local time (1:57 GMT), some 163 kilometers (101 miles) to the southeast of Taitung County. The epicenter of the quake was located at the depth of 96 kilometers, the agency said.

https://sputniknews.com/asia/2017043010 ... ts-taiwan/

I did not get a alert on this Quake since it was well under my 6.0 (alerts I get from both USGS & EMSC), it was 5.4
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

It possibly started as a 6.0 pointer, but maybe down graded to 5.4....

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

averagejoe wrote:It possibly started as a 6.0 pointer, but maybe down graded to 5.4....

Many of the alerts I get start at or above 6.0, once I click on the email link ends up below. Funny how I never received even that.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

GordonH wrote:Many of the alerts I get start at or above 6.0, once I click on the email link ends up below. Funny how I never received even that.

I know! You always right on top of it! :smt045

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The strong-ass earthquake in northern BC struck exactly halfway between my friend's place and Haines, AK. Shook him up real good.

512017QuakeCreditGoogle.jpg
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

5/09/2017 -- M6.8 (M7.0) earthquake strikes West Pacific -- Major seismic unrest spreading

M 6.8 - 61km NE of Port-Olry, Vanuatu

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... #executive
Last edited by averagejoe on May 9th, 2017, 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Two earthquakes strike southern Japan

Two earthquakes, measured 6.4 and 5 on the Richter magnitude scale, have hit southern Japan without triggering the tsunami alert. No material damages or casualties have been reported.

The first quake occurred at 10.54am local time on Tuesday with a 10-kilometre deep epicentre, located about 250 kilometres south off the coast of Naha, capital of Okinawa Prefecture, according to Japan Meteorological Agency.

The earthquake reached level 3 of the Japanese seismic scale of 7, in the affected city of Miyakojima, located about 150 kilometres from the epicentre, with about 56,000 inhabitants.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/la ... 5347427292

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Return to “World”