Earthquakes worldwide 6.0 or greater

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Earthquakes worldwide 6.0 or greater

Post by JLives »

GordonH wrote:At 2:08 pm today
May 23-1.jpg

A friend of mine has a young son in Tonga right now. I'm glad there was no tsunami.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

A strong earthquake hits the Sea of Okhotsk, with a moment magnitude of Mw 6.8 at a depth of 623.00 km
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

I was looking for some information (google) and came across an astrology article that stated because of the current alignment of the planets (I believe the prediction was made a few months ago) that today and tomorrow (25th/26th) earthquakes of magnitudes over 7 are expected. If our resident earthquake statisticians are around this weekend, would be interesting to know the accuracy of these predictions. The article also stated the same for about June 22nd.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

According to determined history it is just a matter of time until we have another "Super Eruption" somewhere along the border of the Ring of Fire ... the most likely possibility seems to be in the area of Yellowstone Park.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

zookeeper wrote:I was looking for some information (google) and came across an astrology article that stated because of the current alignment of the planets (I believe the prediction was made a few months ago) that today and tomorrow (25th/26th) earthquakes of magnitudes over 7 are expected. If our resident earthquake statisticians are around this weekend, would be interesting to know the accuracy of these predictions. The article also stated the same for about June 22nd.

Prediction are just that, now between May 23 to May 24 there were 4 quakes ranging from 6.3 to 8.3.
2 near Fiji Islands and 2 Sea of Okhotsk.

I have my alerts set from 6.0 up, there were many more than those 4. (they were under 6.0)

This is most commonly used site here: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

On the right side you can change the settings.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:At 2:08 pm today
May 23-1.jpg

A friend of mine has a young son in Tonga right now. I'm glad there was no tsunami.[/quote]

That is always a good thing, earthquake itself brings enough damage.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Little more than 12 Hrs ago
June 1.jpg
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Just before 10 am this morning:
June 13.jpg
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

2 quakes in same area in last number of hours:
June15.jpg

June15-1.jpg
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

About 1 hour ago:
June15-2.jpg
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Just after 3pm today:
June 24.jpg
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

Thank you so much, Gordon, for all of the updates. PLEASE keep up the good work. I am interested.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GenuinelyInterested wrote:Thank you so much, Gordon, for all of the updates. PLEASE keep up the good work. I am interested.

Your welcome, thank-you
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

11:35 am toaday:
July 7.jpg
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

1:30 pm today:
July 7-A.jpg

Return to “World”