Earthquakes worldwide 6.0 or greater

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Earthquakes worldwide 6.0 or greater

Post by averagejoe »

Lots of shaking around the Pacific rim these past few days....

Ad onto the rain soaked North America and major forest fires in Florida....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Not a 6, but swarming close to home....

Mapping Bremerton's earthquake swarm

BREMERTON — Small earthquakes have been reported in the Bremerton area each day since May 3, a cluster seismic of activity that scientists term an "earthquake swarm."

Only a handful of the more than 40 quakes have been large enough for residents to feel, according to Pacific Northwest Seismic Network. The latest — a magnitude 3.6 — rumbled through the area at about 12:30 a.m. Thursday.

This animated map shows earthquakes that have occurred in the Bremerton area since May 3. The location of the epicenters is approximate because it's difficult for scientists to pinpoint the origin of very small quakes.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/story/news/201 ... 101560480/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ averagejoe in last 30 days there has been 56 quakes ranging from 1.0 to 3.5

here is map with each quake:
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... %3Anull%7D
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

This is only a 4.0

But caused a Tsunami...in Greenland!

Tsunami waves damage some villages on the Greenland coast - 4 people missing, 9 injured (2 serious)

pdate 12:40 UTC: 78 people have been evacuated from the village of Nuugaatsiaq
The Danish authorities did report that 4 people are still missing and that 2 people were seriously injured. 7 others sustained slight injuries.
11 houses haven swept in the water and are gone.
At the moment of the tsunami 101 people lived in Nuugaatsiaq. 23 people are still in the village, the rest has been evacuated to Uummannaq.

Although we have no registered earthquake in the area, the Danish seismological service GEUS has confirmed to the Danish press that a M4.0 earthquake occurred in Greenland. Several villages have been inundated by the water. One of them the village of Nuugaatsiaq (see picture) 30 km south of the epicenter of the M4 earthquake.

http://earthquake-report.com/2017/06/18 ... and-coast/

GordonH

Post by GordonH »

5.0 Megathrust earthquake they happen along were 2 tectonic plate meet. Due up thrust that happens tsunami will be right behind it.
https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes ... us20009new
Megathrust quake is what is expected along Cascadia subduction zone, only they predict it to be around 9.0
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Tsunamis in Greenland? I wonder if Iceland had any effects at all. To think of how close to the ocean we become accustomed to being.

And GordonH, ya, only a 9.0 eh? Maybe it will weigh in at 7.0 instead a long the N.A. coast.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Queen K wrote:Tsunamis in Greenland? I wonder if Iceland had any effects at all. To think of how close to the ocean we become accustomed to being.

And GordonH, ya, only a 9.0 eh? Maybe it will weigh in at 7.0 instead a long the N.A. coast.

I'm not the one predicting that number

Return to “World”