Does anyone actually believe Dec 21 is End of World?

SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Ok just curious does anyone actually believe Dec 21 is E

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

6 more days ... better hurry and get that Christmas shopping done ... Oh ...wait ...
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
French Castanut
Lord of the Board

Re: Ok just curious does anyone actually believe Dec 21 is E

Post by French Castanut »

vinnied wrote:You see, it'll be like a big wave, like you see during a hockey game, sept on a global scale.

If you want to be save then: :dyinglaughing:
Vote C'Nutz for President of the Republic of BC May 14th!
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Re: Does anyone actually believe Dec 21 is End of World?

Post by Gixxer »

End of Planet Earth No. We as Humans are doing just fine in destroying our existence.
janalta
Übergod

Re: Ok just curious does anyone actually believe dec 21 is E

Post by janalta »

kompili wrote:One thing is still slightly unsettling to me, however (though it doesn't quite equate to the end of the world... that would be jumping to conclusions). I'd still like to know how the Mayans were aware of our galactic cycle, and roughly how long it takes for our sun to align with the center of our galaxy (approximately 25,800 years). Not to mention that the long and sticky math involved behind their gigantic count on stela 1 at Coba may correlate with how long it takes to spiral quite a few full revolutions around the super massive black hole in the center of our Milky Way galaxy (going 41,943,040,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years into the past). Even the biggest number calculated from the Dresden codex has 13 consecutive 13s as well. It seems that they are calculating numbers reaching back into time that can only boggle our modern mind and I find it eerie that they seemed to have knowledge of these numbers. Where the hell did they get these numbers from?

Neither the Dresden Codex, nor the Mayan long count calendar have ever foretold the end of our world. However, they do associate every turning of the 13.0.0.0.0.0 cycle with great change and upheaval.

I agree, it is unsettling when one actually researches just how much technology and knowledge of our solar system the Mayans held....while the rest of the world was living in caves.

That's the thing most people don't know...or can't be bothered to find out about....the mayans do not predict the end of the world. They had documented how the world evolved and changed drastically every 13 cycles....and Dec 21 is the last day of the end of their 13th cycle.
Great change does not mean we are all doomed to die. It doesn't mean the earth will disappear into a blazing ball of fire.

Many other cultures have similar predictions in their ancient script....and many point to 2012 being one of spiritual and intellectual enlightenment and change.
Some say a 'cleansing' of the earth, some say natural disaster of global proportions, some say the coming of a great spiritual leader ( god, jesus, etc )...others say extraterrestials will come back to earth to teach us how to save our planet from the destruction we've caused.

Will something happen on Dec 21 ?
Who knows.
Will the world end?
Nope.
Wise enough to know better.
Old enough to care less.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Just maybe the end of Safeway trucks being able to stock our shelves easily and overnight.

And that would be the end as we know it.

But definitely not the END of the World.

Just the First World's living allowance would be severely curtailed.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Relentless »

The end of Fall for sure!
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

I'm not worried. But if I'm wrong,there is one thing I know for sure. There won't be any Castanet forums for us to tell the doomsday believers "I told you so" :dyinglaughing:
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Can I opt for swift and painless and I-didn't-see-it-coming?

Something like lights out in 1/16th of a second?

To whom do I make that request?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
AllthatFunk
Board Meister

Post by AllthatFunk »

grammafreddy wrote:Can I opt for swift and painless and I-didn't-see-it-coming?

Something like lights out in 1/16th of a second?

To whom do I make that request?

Some might say God or a higher power.....all I can say is don't ask Stephen Harper, that guy doesn't read his mail.
I'd rather live with regrets than regret not living.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Jo is the higher power around here. I'll PM her. :D She'll just wave her magic chocolate box and fix everything.

:sunshine:
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

From a different perspective, december 21 will be the end of the world for thousands of people around the world.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I'm not sure but I bought that new Chevy Truck... :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Ken7 wrote:I'm not sure but I bought that new Chevy Truck... :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

That'll be the end for you! :127:
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ok just curious does anyone actually believe dec 21 is E

Post by 36Drew »

janalta wrote:I agree, it is unsettling when one actually researches just how much technology and knowledge of our solar system the Mayans held....while the rest of the world was living in caves.

The Mayans didn't develop their calendar - they simply perfected an older version of their solar calendar. They weren't the only ones of the time to have an intricate solar calendar - the Persians and Babylonians of that same era both had accurate calendars as well. Of note - the Persians had a solar calendar, whereas the Babylonians had a 12-month lunar calendar.

My prediction is that Friday will come and go, and somebody will move the end-of-the-world date to sometime in 2015 or 2021....
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Imagemore sleeps, everybody :D

Return to “World”