28 killed at elementary school

GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Re: 28 killed at elementary school

Post by GenuinelyInterested »

SAN ANTONIO — Sheriff's officials say a man opened fire in a San Antonio movie theater parking lot, wounding one person before an officer shot him inside the theater.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/1 ... 15139.html

“He was shooting at a marked unit,” Antu said. “He knows he was shooting at an officer so that's (an) automatic (charge of) attempted capital murder.”

After the suspect reached the theater, an off duty Bexar County Sheriff officer who was working at the theater shot at him and possibly struck him, Antu said.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_ ... z2GT9aQt4B
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Nice to cherry pick. You should have read my articles. There more detailed. Yours are very vague.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

averagejoe wrote:Read the articles from the local news and I'm sure you'll come up with an idea as to what happened. The point be made is that an armed security guard stopped the possibility of killing or maiming of others. Welcome back to Castanet!

In reality, it was an armed police officer who was off duty working as a security guard. Again, this is like throwing a cup of water on a burning house. Putting armed police in movie theaters, hospitals, malls, schools and the such will not stop these shootings from happening but may only limit there carnage. Without the gun in the first place, this shooter wouldn't have shot anyone.

Would you want to live in a country where the only way to feel safe is to have an armed guard in every public venue? I've been to some of those countries and it's not that great.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Here are some of Texas Gun Laws' Q&A. That shooting WAS in Texas.
http://www.texasgunlaws.org/
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

goatboy wrote:
Would you want to live in a country where the only way to feel safe is to have an armed guard in every public venue? I've been to some of those countries and it's not that great.

Hummm I post an article about some off duty police officer working as a security and the day is saved. It doesn't hit the MSM and now I want guns in every public venue? Go figure? How are you going to take away an estimated 270 million guns away?
By force with guns?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

Where does it say, "She was working as security"?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

GenuinelyInterested wrote:Where does it say, "She was working as security"?

From your own posting of my original posting from Huffington Post......

An off-duty sheriff's deputy working security then shot the gunman.

GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

GenuinelyInterested wrote:Where does it say, "She was working as security"?

averagejoe wrote:From your own posting of my original posting from Huffington Post......

An off-duty sheriff's deputy working security then shot the gunman.

Yup, you are right, that's what the mainstream media has reported.
However:
After the suspect reached the theater, an off duty Bexar County Sheriff officer who was working at the theater shot at him and possibly struck him, Antu said.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_ ... z2GT9sWtCt
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

People in the US are making the right choice, the only solution that will protect the kids, unlike a "gun free zone" signs that just invites lunatics.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12 ... employees/

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/news/ci_22 ... ers-arming

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/tex ... 38129.html

I will give one of these free anti gun support signs to anyone that promises to hang it in their front window for 3 months.
PM: me if you want one and will hang it for 3 months.
Or you can have one of these that shows how well gun control works.
Or you can have one of these that shows how well gun control works.
Attachments
gunfreesign.jpg
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

GenuinelyInterested: Glad you can see the MSM can't get there facts straight.......

GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

averagejoe wrote:GenuinelyInterested: Glad you can see the MSM can't get there facts straight.......

But quoting from one single "Blog" site has got all of the facts correct? Two "MSM" that provide similar information but are far and away from one personal blog site, "can't get their stories straight", but the blogger has got it all correct and loaded with fact? What state is that blogger even from? Where is he getting HIS info from?
Yet you choose to quote him and refuse all other sources because they are MSM?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

GenuinelyInterested wrote:
But quoting from one single "Blog" site has got all of the facts correct? Two "MSM" that provide similar information but are far and away from one personal blog site, "can't get their stories straight", but the blogger has got it all correct and loaded with fact? What state is that blogger even from? Where is he getting HIS info from?
Yet you choose to quote him and refuse all other sources because they are MSM?

No I posted MSM also. I guess you never noticed......I could have posted an local article as you did. But choose the first one an a point of interest. So you can cherry pick all you want. The off duty police officer save lives. That's what counts.

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

averagejoe wrote: The off duty police officer save lives. That's what counts.

Yes she did, no doubt about it. I'm not saying you want to arm every American, but that is what the NRA is advocating. They say the only way to stop bad guys with guns is to have more god guys with guns. That logic is what got them into this mess in the first place.
GenuinelyInterested
Board Meister

averagejoe wrote:No I posted MSM also. I guess you never noticed......I could have posted an local article as you did. But choose the first one an a point of interest. So you can cherry pick all you want. The off duty police officer save lives. That's what counts.

Just as a reminder. The original post joe made:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=48079&start=750
made at 8:26 am this morning.

No follow-up admission of any other article until after confronted with links presented by someone else until 9:51.
Omission of fact. If all the articles were presented at the same time, it still would be a non-event and no doubt would remain as to WHY this was not heard about in the MSM. Just another day in Texas, USA. Nobody killed, just 2 people with none-life-threatening injuries in hospital.
Nothing worth reading about that is any greater than a car accident in a fog bank.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

You like confrontation I see. Good trait...

Return to “World”