28 killed at elementary school

theyeti
Übergod

Re: 28 killed at elementary school

Post by theyeti »

meh .. that just means if u r not a friend of the government u wont get approved for a gun that dont sound to good to me
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Some people should NOT own guns in the first place. Probably vast majority...
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The five worst mass killings, where a firearm was used, have a common thread. Hint #1: They didn’t belong to the NRA. They don’t fit the stereotype of the “red-neck” gun owner.

Ft Hood: Registered Democrat/Muslim.
Columbine: Too young to vote; both families were registered Democrats and progressive liberals.
Virginia Tech: Wrote hate mail to President Bush and to his staff.
Colorado Theater: Registered Democrat; staff worker on the Obama campaign; Occupy Wall Street participant; progressive liberal.
Connecticut School Shooter: Registered Democrat; hated Christians.

Common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal Democrats.

Also, of the worst killings in the last several decades, only one was a female, all the rest were boys, barely men. Their role models were rappers, action movies, comics and violent video games.

Our problem isn’t weapons, it’s boys without boundaries. Who live in ‘progressive’ households.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Captain Awesome wrote:I think everybody could agree to that. But I'm pretty sure they already have background checks...

What sort of regulations, laws or other other tools would you suggest to reduce gun deaths in the US?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

jennylives wrote:What sort of regulations, laws or other other tools would you suggest to reduce gun deaths in the US?

Realistic or "dream" ones?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

I thought that was pretty clear.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

Captain Awesome wrote:Some people should NOT own guns in the first place. Probably vast majority...

:rate10:
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Agreed and the rest of society should do their best in not enabling them to acquire them.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

*off-topic/Jo*
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Off topic. Please answer the question or don't.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

jennylives wrote:I thought that was pretty clear.

No, what I meant to say is this. Whatever laws, regulations, and limitations Obama administrations will roll out will simply not work because they won't be real measures but more of a mimicking some sort of reaction. Realistically speaking, there isn't much they can do - they can limit some things here and there, increase background checks, but in reality it just won't work. So, as far as realistic goals - there isn't helluva they can do. It won't decrease gun violence, school shootings will go on.

If you want to dream a bit, you'd have to dream a society where certain freedoms are removed all together. If it was up to me, I'd outlaw detachable magazines all together and only legal rifles one could buy would be the ones with permanently attached magazines - and they'd have to be manually reloaded by opening the bolt. Some older guns are loaded like this, they'd have to completely rework current rifle models allowing this. It would probably bankrupt few gun makers. This would allow people to keep shooting all the evil assault rifles (semi, of course) and it would make it complete pain in the *bleep* to reload - which is fine when you're out hunting or target practicing.

As a step forward, I'd make up a two tiered system where as a first step people can only obtain smooth bored rifles - hunting rifles or shotguns. Only people who can obtain it are the ones who belong to a sports association or a hunting club - and only after they completed certain training.

As far as non-smooth bore rifles (most military styled rifles, SMGs, etc.), only people who can obtain them are the ones who completed military service or law enforcement training (so, no civilians). This might cause a revolution, but we're dreaming, right?

As far as handguns, they'd only be allowed at home and at the shooting range - same system we have in Canada. Anybody who wishes to obtain a handgun is subject to a psychiatric test, and can only obtain it after being a member of a hunting/sport shooting association for a certain period of time. No open carry of any kind, no concealed carry of any kind. All firearms have to be stored in gun safes. Police has the right to do random checks to make sure the firearms are stored properly without giving heads up. Basically, they can knock on your door and ask you to show them the firearms, and if they're not stored properly you lose them. You're not allowed firearms if you have family members with questionable mental stability or history of violence - basically everybody in your family living with you has to be squeaky clean.

If you ever commit a serious crime, you lose your right to legally own firearms of any kind. I'd have softer regulations around .22 caliber guns and smaller to promote responsible gun ownership.

This would probably have some sort of effect. But once again, we're dreaming, and we won't see anything like this. Besides, we live in Canada, and US problems are their problems, not ours...
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

jennylives wrote:
What sort of regulations, laws or other other tools would you suggest to reduce gun deaths in the US?

Mandatory NRA membership. No gun sales to progressive liberal Democrats. Five major shootings would have been avoided.
Not afraid to say "It".
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Glacier wrote:
Common thread is that all of these shooters were progressive liberal Democrats

Our problem isn’t weapons, it’s boys without boundaries. Who live in ‘progressive’ households.

What happened to mental illness being a factor?

Nope. They voted for Obama.
Last edited by SurplusElect on Jan 26th, 2013, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Mental illness and votes for Obama go hand-in-hand.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
RichardW

Post by RichardW »

Fisher-Dude wrote:Mental illness and votes for Obama go hand-in-hand.

Because?

Return to “World”