28 killed at elementary school

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: 28 killed at elementary school

Post by Captain Awesome »

This is a very interesting video to watch. Joe Biden addressed some questions about coming gun restrictions:

It sounds to me that Joe Biden understand that assault rifle bans will not pass the congress, and instead they'll be focusing on limiting magazines to a certain number of rounds.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

So why limit nuclear arms?

Isn't that like tying to make it hard for sober people to own cars?
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

SurplusElect wrote:So why limit nuclear arms?

Isn't that like tying to make it hard for sober people to own cars?

Yes the two issues are completely identical in every way, because you can walk down the street and buy a six pack of plutonium on every street corner, and a nuclear bomb after a five day waiting period. The king of straw man arguments strikes again.
Not afraid to say "It".
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

logicalview wrote: because you can walk down the street and buy a six pack of plutonium on every street corner, and a nuclear bomb after a five day waiting period.

So why can't I buy a six pack of plutoniumum?

Plutonium doesn't kill people, people who push big red buttons do.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

grammafreddy wrote:Image

Let's see, to be able to use a car you need to prove that you are capable of driving it by taking a test. You then need to register it, insure it and ensure that no one else uses it that also has not proven they are capable of driving it by possessing a license to say they can.

I'd say the US already has far tougher car control than gun control, and part of that control is to reduce deaths caused by cars.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

goatboy wrote:
Let's see, to be able to use a car you need to prove that you are capable of driving it by taking a test. You then need to register it, insure it and ensure that no one else uses it that also has not proven they are capable of driving it by possessing a license to say they can.

I'd say the US already has far tougher car control than gun control, and part of that control is to reduce deaths caused by cars.

hahahaha ..... do you think you could miss the point of that sign by a bigger mile? You need to read what it says, not what you want it to say.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

Yeah how's that gun free Chicago thing working out for ya?
But I guess by disarming law abiding people this poor girl would still be alive, wait a minute Chicago is a gun free zone, I guess the crooks didn't get the memo.
There's an agenda with the gun grabbers in the US and it has nothing to do with safety or saving innocent lives, it has everything to do with control.

The more they disarm the good guys the more of this kind of tragedy we'll be reading about.
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

grammafreddy wrote:hahahaha ..... do you think you could miss the point of that sign by a bigger mile? You need to read what it says, not what you want it to say.

Didn't miss the point at all. The point of the sign is like comparing apples to oranges. The sign would be correct if we didn't already have rules in place that require every sober driver to have a license to drive (not so for guns), require that driver to have a different license to drive larger vehicles (not so for guns) and that anyone who uses the sober persons car also needs a license to operate it (not so for guns). It would also be correct if the main reason for a sober person to own a car was to kill someone with it, instead of using it to get to work.

I think you're the one who fails to see the irony in comparing restricting the use of a gun to something that is already far more regulated.
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

Attachments
536925_10151368214653459_1488449640_n.jpg
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

goatboy wrote:
Didn't miss the point at all. The point of the sign is like comparing apples to oranges. The sign would be correct if we didn't already have rules in place that require every sober driver to have a license to drive (not so for guns), require that driver to have a different license to drive larger vehicles (not so for guns) and that anyone who uses the sober persons car also needs a license to operate it (not so for guns). It would also be correct if the main reason for a sober person to own a car was to kill someone with it, instead of using it to get to work.

I think you're the one who fails to see the irony in comparing restricting the use of a gun to something that is already far more regulated.

SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

The murderer using a hammer can only kill one person at a time and they have to be within 1 yard of the victim and have fairly high physical strength.

Killing another human with a hammer takes a few blows and 100% commitment to kill because the victim generally puts up their arms in self defense. It's messy. It's not quick either.

Adam Lanza would have certainly inflicted much more carnage with a hammer. I heard he could throw a hammer with deadly accuracy. Armed with 150 hammers, it could have been a worse day than it was.

People do not try to tackle hammer wielding assailants who are murdering children either. Everyone lines up, gets on their knees and bows their heads down, waiting their turn patiently to be popped in the head with a hammer.

My god. It's like a Meme is a fact or something.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

Lets see, the possible uses for an assault rifle:
1: Shoot something
2: Shoot something
3: Shoot something

Possible uses for a hammer:.............

I'll leave that answer up to you.

In the eyes of the NRA, if they can find one thing that kills more people than a gun (which has only one intended use) then that's more than enough reason why any type of gun control is ridiculous. Surprised they haven't compared guns to water and argued why we haven't banned that yet either.

Return to “World”