28 killed at elementary school

theyeti
Übergod

Re: 28 killed at elementary school

Post by theyeti »

well out of respect for those who were there i have stayed out of this debate,
however one thing is clear . if the army has guns the ppl better also have guns .
if police r gonna armed citizenry ought to be armed as well . there is no easier way to keep em honest
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

SurplusElect wrote:After all, the look shouldn't matter - it's about what the tool does.

Agreed. So why your obsession with what they look like? Your just as dead if shot with duck hunting shotgun as you are with an AR-15 (Hello Kitty version or otherwise!). Well in reality the shotgun at close range would mess you up much worse than an AR-15 but still, dead is dead. Only real difference would be open casket or closed.
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

theyeti wrote:well out of respect for those who were there i have stayed out of this debate,
however one thing is clear . if the army has guns the ppl better also have guns .
if police r gonna armed citizenry ought to be armed as well . there is no easier way to keep em honest

Did you read that off the back of your NRA membership card?
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

:dyinglaughing: readers digest joke of the month material .

seriously tho u want the only ones that have any weapons to be the same ppl who tell u what to do ?? well to that i say happy trails and best of luck ...
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

theyeti wrote::dyinglaughing: readers digest joke of the month material .

Thanks, I'll be here all week.

theyeti wrote:seriously tho u want the only ones that have any weapons to be the same ppl who tell u what to do ??

Put down the NRA indoctrination manuals yeti, you're starting to get paranoid.

theyeti wrote:well to that i say happy trails and best of luck ...

See ya later....not sure where you're headed but best of luck to you too!
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

im not an american . i have never seen an nra manual . i just dont trust our system and id rather be armed
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Don't mind the ad hominem attacks, theyeti. People tend to bring out the red herrings when stumped by a sound argument.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

Glacier wrote:Don't mind the ad hominem attacks, theyeti. People tend to bring out the red herrings when stumped by a sound argument.

Oh sorry, there was a sound argument made? It must have been deleted because it isn't there now.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

DashFiveGuy wrote:So why your obsession with what they look like?

What's the problem here? We have crazy (but yet able to obtain weapons legally) people out there trying to play Mr.Dressup with lethal weapons.

I'll bet the majority of people that buy these dress-up guns only do so for the wrong reasons. After all - if its just a farming rifle - why do they sell so well when they are manufactured to look like a "Rambo gun"?

...because obviously that "Rambo" appeal - SELLS.

We have identified that people are buying lethal weapons to satisfy emotions and sentiments that may lead to this type of massshooting. They are not buying a Mr Dressup AR-15 because of its "accuracy" and they want to take it to the range - they want the item because it looks "badass".

So do we want people that are looking to be a "badass", buying weapons?

The NRA says "it's time to talk about culture" Fine.

Paint guns pink and put flowers on them. Make it so you cannot make a rifle look like a military killing machine. Make them look silly.

Lets see how committed the NRA and followers are to this. Either you want weapons or you want the weapons for the emotional devices that go along with the weapons. Make them choose.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Painting guns pink to solve gun violence.

Outlawing bad body odor to solve the poverty.

Changing car grills to look dull to decrease speeding by aggressive drivers.

Renaming corporate jets to "cheap slow moving contraptions" to eliminate corporate greed.

Banning Ed Hardy clothing to run gangs out of town.

Good god, we can solve any problems out there!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Captain Awesome wrote:Painting guns pink to solve gun violence.

You are being deliberately obtuse about this.

People buy guns to look/feel like a badass. I say fine, keep your guns - but you wont feel like a badass. That will reduce the number of borderline crazies looking to buy weapons almost certainly.

There is that crazy Sheriff down south that makes all prisoners wear pink - for the same reason.

This is basic psychology and you make it out to be the most ludicrous suggestion out there.

Lets not paint guns pink or try to reduce the "Rambo appeal" and produce "how to survive mass shooting videos" for the general public instead. Sheesh.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

SurplusElect wrote:This is basic psychology and you make it out to be the most ludicrous suggestion out there.

Well, my other suggestions are not that ludicrous. If corporate jets weren't cool to use, people would stop trying to become CEO's and the cult of money would die down. If cars were boring, people wouldn't race them. If smelling bad was against the law, nobody would be poor - by smelling better and actually being able to get a job. And if guns were silly, people would never kill anybody. They'd instead use harsh language and R-rated gestures.

I sold my AR-15, otherwise I'd invite you to a shooting range for some plinking. You'd see that it's just rifle - not an evil killing machine for badass wannabes.
Last edited by Captain Awesome on Jan 24th, 2013, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Captain Awesome wrote:Well, my other suggestions are not that ludicrous. I If smelling bad was against the law, nobody would be poor - by smelling better and actually being able to get a job.

I disagree.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Also, I think we have to ban video games that promote violence. That will solve the problem. Because only mental patients with hidden desire to kill people buy and play them. All these basement kids spend hours practicing killing - that's not normal! Also, by playing games like ARMA they actually learn military tactics and operations - no civilian needs that! They want to feel the power of ending some one else's life, no other explanation.

Instead they should be playing with flowers and cows, so all games where people get killed should be replaced with FarmVille. Or instead of guns in games they should be waiving walkie-talkies around - and not killing each other but shaming them into becoming a better human being. Or a vegetarian.

Give up your Battlefield 3, SE! You're part of the problem!
theyeti
Übergod

Post by theyeti »

its society . how many millions of murders on tv every year . then the games the music the armies etc ... even sports have the stupid jets fly over and the salutes to killing .

feed the worlds hungry for 30 billion a yr

that same 30 billion is spent on arms in 8 days

Return to “World”