Did Donald Rumsfeld lie about Bin Laden's cave fortress?

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Did Donald Rumsfeld lie about Bin Laden's cave fortress?

Post by Thinktank »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhGHxw0 ... r_embedded

Did they ever find those elaborate caves Bin Laden was hiding in?

Or was it all a lie?
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
underscore
Übergod

Re: Did Donald Rumsfeld lie ?...about Bin Laden's cave fortr

Post by underscore »

Clearly they got it wrong, bin Laden was probably hiding at the resort :dyinglaughing:

http://www.islandoutpost.com/the_caves/
cliffy1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Again, with the caves, they weren't these crazy mazes or labyrinths of caves that they described. Most of them were natural caves. Some were supported with some pieces of wood maybe about the size of a 10-foot by 24-foot room, at the largest. They weren't real big. I know they made a spectacle out of that, and how are we going to be able to get into them? We worried about that too, because we see all these reports. Then it turns out, when you actually go up there, there's really just small bunkers, and a lot of different ammo storage is up there. – Jeff, Staff Sgt. ODA 57

Remember Iraq's "Elite Republican Guard?.

If you set the public up for failure, any victory is twice as good.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

I'm sure they weren't exactly as neat (cause this looks like something out of James Bond movie) as portrayed here, but system of tunnels are fairly common along with using natural cave system which can be pretty vast. Soviet troops had experience with them when fighting in Afganistan - being fairly primitive Afghan fighters are quite resourceful. Thermobaric bombs (also called "vacuum bombs") were designed just for that purpose.

Vietcong tunnels were elaborate too.

Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

What didn't they lie about?
Lets start with 2 trillion missing for the Pentagon because all the lies and 911 start here.
http://www.defense.gov/Speeches/Speech. ... eechID=430
"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"
Edward R Murrow
Now a proud member of the NRA & Canadian Sport Shooting Association.
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

I wonder how he feels about himself now, many years later?

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Thinktank wrote:
I wonder how he feels about himself now, many years later?

I'm sure he feels fine. He's not being consumed by obsessing over crap that is dead and gone like some people are.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Rwede wrote:

...is dead and gone like some people are.

you mean dead and gone like 500,000 Iraqi children?

that is crap to be dead and gone. :runforlife:

steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Did Donald Rumsfeld lie about Bin Laden's cave fortress?

Post by steelrules »

Yeah, I think people without conscience or morality ever look back on what they did and suffer any remorse, besides he made millions in the big fake flu scare a few years ago, there again create fear and profit off of it.
This is one treasonous piece of s*%t and he should hang on the National Mall in Washington.
Edward R Murrow
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

*off topic remark removed*/ferri
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Is obsessing over Donald Rumsfeld and how he's "feeling" doing anything to help anyone? It might make people feel as though they are doing something and maybe that eases their own conscience/guilt over personal failures/whatever, but some vengeful motive by chirping away on Castanet isn't helping anyone do anything positive for anybody.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Rwede wrote:Is obsessing over Donald Rumsfeld and how he's "feeling" doing anything to help anyone?

Yes. Yes it is.

Do we want history to repeat?

Dash5
Übergod

Post by Dash5 »

Apparently ferri didn't like my previous "YAWN" comment so I'll employ a different method to convey the exact same message...

Q. Did Donald Rumsfeld lie about Bin Laden's cave fortress?

A. Idon't know if Rumsfeld "lied" about Bin Laden's cave fortress or not nor does it affect me in the slightest if he did. Of all the things to obsess over in life the details of Bin Laden's hole in the ground has to be pretty low on the worry list.
steelrules
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by steelrules »

DashFiveGuy wrote:Apparently ferri didn't like my previous "YAWN" comment so I'll employ a different method to convey the exact same message...

A. Idon't know if Rumsfeld "lied" about Bin Laden's cave fortress or not nor does it affect me in the slightest if he did. Of all the things to obsess over in life the details of Bin Laden's hole in the ground has to be pretty low on the worry list.

Wow! this is without a doubt the highest level of ignorance I have seen anyone post on castanet, you don't think the lies that have taken 158 Canadian soldiers lives and cost our country over 22 billion so far is of importance.

Your first post was taken down so you decided to put your other foot in your mouth as well.
Edward R Murrow
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Crazy Horse
Fledgling

Post by Crazy Horse »

DashFiveGuy wrote:Apparently ferri didn't like my previous "YAWN" comment so I'll employ a different method to convey the exact same message...

I don't care about the cave fortress either.

Return to “World”