Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

SurplusElect
Übergod

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Post by SurplusElect »

Nebula wrote:From my perspective, killing people because you're *bleep* off is not acceptable.

Is killing ok to save other peoples lives?

What if there are 25 unsolved homicides in LA (like Willy Pickton) but as stated the rampant racism and corruption have prevented them from being investigated?

Reason for devils advocate - this man at every turn (aside from his actions) seemed to be trying to do right. Military, volunteer - ect. I just cant write him off, especially given his reasons and the subject matter - the LAPD.

Rodney King, anyone?
Last edited by SurplusElect on Feb 13th, 2013, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Surplus, what he did was wrong. Period. Obviously you think there is some justification for Dorner's actions. I find that completely twisted.

Can you honestly justify this: I'm mad at A, therefore I am going to kill D's daughter and her fiance? Can you really justify that?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Killing in war is ok.

The US can justify dead children and illegal drone strikes in the name of "good" - and they do it weekly. They routinely target family members.

I know what he did was wrong. But that's par for the course.

Perspective I guess.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

SurplusElect wrote:What if there are 25 unsolved homicides in LA (like Willy Pickton) but as stated the rampant racism and corruption have prevented them from being investigated?

So...which lives are being saved by killing 4 innocent people, exactly? The 25 already dead people?
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Captain Awesome wrote:So...which lives are being saved, exactly? The 25 already dead people?

...what about the killer that's still out there?

Settle down. I think I ruffled you ;)
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

SurplusElect wrote:Killing in war is ok.

You're taking things to an extreme. Allow me to counter in reverse: Given the way you try to justify things, I guess it would be okay if all people who think they have been wronged decided to go out and kill others.

Got fired from your job? No problem. Go out and kill your coworker's kid.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

SurplusElect wrote:...what about the killer that's still out there?

You mean like Chris Dorner? I think he got killed to save lives he would have taken if he wasn't stopped.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Nebula wrote:You're taking things to an extreme. Allow me to counter in reverse: Given the way you try to justify things, I guess it would be okay if all people who think they have been wronged decided to go out and kill others.

"Wronged" is a broad term.

Would I have this perspective if he was fired for stealing donuts? Hardly.

The subject matter at hand is relevant to my opinion.

Rampant police corruption in one of the US's biggest police forces is what we are talking about. They did try to murder him - or did you miss that?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

SurplusElect wrote:Rampant police corruption in one of the US's biggest police forces is what we are talking about.

Alleged rampant police corruption is what you're talking about.

I'm talking about a guy who perceived he was wronged and went out and killed innocent people.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

But again - who is telling the story - the LAPD.

I see your point. I hope you see mine.

Cops on the job are not innocent. They are being paid to assume risk.

That woman - I'd say that was the one innocent. However - she lied to protect a dirty cop (apparently) - what did the dirty cop do previously? - and what is he still doing? How many more head kicks? Dirty drug buys? Ect.
Last edited by SurplusElect on Feb 13th, 2013, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

I believe that none of the police officers killed were LAPD, and it wasn't the LAPD that conducted the tactical operation on the cabin.

How would you have felt if he came to Kelowna and killed three Mounties here? Would that be justified as another act of war on his part?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

No, I don't see yours.

The LAPD could be the most corrupt police force on Earth but that wouldn't change my mind that Dorner's actions were far beyond what was necessary.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

I'm surprised nobody said that Chris Dorner was framed - and that LAPD killed 4 people trying to frame the guy. And he knew something very dirty about LAPD and would talk if he was brought to justice. LAPD Internal Affairs paid people to say it was him who killed 4 people. And that 9/11 was an inside job. The guy is innocent, a gentle giant with a great smile and almost saint-like boy-scout tenderness to him, and LAPD is a monster of galactic proportions.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Captain Awesome wrote:I'm surprised nobody said that Chris Dorner was framed - and that LAPD killed 4 people trying to frame the guy. And he knew something very dirty about LAPD and would talk if he was brought to justice. LAPD Internal Affairs paid people to say it was him who killed 4 people. And that 9/11 was an inside job. The guy is innocent, a gentle giant with a great smile and almost saint-like boy-scout tenderness to him, and LAPD is a monster of galactic proportions.

Be patient...
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Nebula wrote:The LAPD could be the most corrupt police force on Earth but that wouldn't change my mind that Dorner's actions were far beyond what was necessary.

So no matter the sins of the police force - one would have to go through "the proper channels" to bring them to justice.

So I suppose he would just call up LAPD to go through the proper channels? You are forgetting these are the rule enforcers. The system itself is messed up - there is no "right" when the "right" is wrong.

If the US followed those same rules - there wouldn't be a US. Aside from that...

Sometimes things have to get crazy. History is my example, and it shines.

What would you do if The Canadian Government was rotten from the core out? Write a letter?

Return to “World”