Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Post by Captain Awesome »

jennylives wrote:I would like them to try everything, they tried nothing but killing.

- Hey guys, he's shooting at us. What should we do?
- Let's try everything.
- Like what?
- How about using our magical safety bubbles that deflect bullets?
- Don't have them.
- How about using strong language and playing Cher over the speaker phones.
- He might like it.
- Let's offer him pizza and promise to forget everything.
- He is a vegetarian.
- Crap, while we were talking he killed one of our deputies.
- Ok, I think we've tried everything at this point. Let's shoot back.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Wrong forum. Let's stick to serious posts on the topic please.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

jennylives wrote:Wrong forum. Let's stick to serious posts on the topic please.

Well, Jenny - you leave me no choice but to be silly. Here we have a mentally unstable individual with a rifle shooting at police officers and killing one of them. He`s surrounded by police and shoots back. And all you can say is - "They should have tried everything to keep him alive". Like what? Like ramming the cabin with a SWAT truck or using tear gas? They did it, and I guess it doesn't fall under "everything" in your books. What is that magical way you'd want them to try?

Hey, I think I win some kind of prize for posting this on the first page:

Captain Awesome wrote:Zero chance of being alive when captured.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Again... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... an-71.html What other methods were used to take down this 71 year old woman and her daughter before shooting them?
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Nebula wrote:Do you really equate Dorner's actions to the military?

It gets deeper than that but does have it's parallels. Is it really any more right to kill someone for what your government believes is right than for what you believe is right? Almost everyone has the capability to kill someone, and whether it's your own self defense or protecting your family, there is a point where most everyone would justify killing someone else. The problem is that not everyone has the same sense of at what point it's justifiable.

Dorner believed what he was doing would have an end that justified the means, however his method of punishment far exceeded the abuse committed by the ones he opposed. I stated before he was killed that the police had an edge in that Dorner wasn't a bad guy and a bad cop previously, and that is why this came to an end sooner than it would have if he was. It's like an extreme case of a good person doing a bad thing.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

jennylives wrote:Again... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... an-71.html What other methods were used to take down this 71 year old woman and her daughter before shooting them?

I'm not talking about this incident, please don't change the subject. The conversation is about his last stand. You know, the one where he was shooting and killing police officers. What's that "everything" you'd want them to try? Come on, let's hear some awesome ideas.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Captain Awesome wrote:
Well, Jenny - you leave me no choice but to be silly. Here we have a mentally unstable individual with a rifle shooting at police officers and killing one of them. He`s surrounded by police and shoots back. And all you can say is - "They should have tried everything to keep him alive". Like what? Like ramming the cabin with a SWAT truck or using tear gas? They did it, and I guess it doesn't fall under "everything" in your books. What is that magical way you'd want them to try?

Hey, I think I win some kind of prize for posting this on the first page:

Here's a silly answer maybe wait him out? It's not like his ammo would automagically become restocked? Eventually he would run out.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

My point is they were out to kill him period as evidenced by the other people that were shot with provocation. It is extremely relevant and you, and the media, needs to stop glossing that over.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

zzontar wrote:It gets deeper than that but does have it's parallels.

Watch what parallels you choose, I guess.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

jennylives wrote:My point is they were out to kill him period as evidenced by the other people that were shot with provocation. It is extremely relevant and you, and the media, needs to stop glossing that over.

You simply do NOT know that. The case of the two innocents who were shot in the truck may well have been caused by a couple of over zealous cops whose actions should be looked at.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

So for Nebula and Captain Awesome, did this play out how you think it should? Do you see any faults on the part of the police in this case?
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Why is it that the police are still denying that they purposely set the house on fire?

Why are they not answering the questions the press are asking honestly? Obviously they can't answer all the questions since it's still an "active" investigation but really, when there are audio clips of cops saying "burn that mother$#$&*#(" they should really own up to the fact that they planned on setting the house on fire. This is only going to bite them in the *bleep* in the long run. That press conference at 4pm today was a joke, as soon as they started getting peppered with questions they shut it down.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

baconbits wrote:Here's a silly answer maybe wait him out? It's not like his ammo would automagically become restocked? Eventually he would run out.

Wait him out how? By allowing him to shoot at police officers so he runs out of ammo? How many police officers is acceptable to let him kill or wound in order to do that? I mean, he wouldn't just shoot pointlessly, I'm sure he's familiar with concept of running out of ammo.

Set up a perimeter at safe distance and wait till he decides to give up? Sure, but he was bragging about owning a Barrett rifle that has an effective range of over a mile - which would make it very easy for him to simply walk out of there.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

I ask Nebula if he got what he deserved and he said "yes"
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

baconbits wrote:Why is it that the police are still denying that they purposely set the house on fire?

Maybe because they didn't purposely set the house on fire? Could be that.

Return to “World”