Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Post by Captain Awesome »

SurplusElect wrote:So the cop that didn't want to be a dirty cop ended up being caught/killed by his own kindness.

...and kindly killed 4 people (with only one tied to LAPD and not the issue he had with LAPD) in the process and wounded others. And god knows how many he'd kill if he wasn't stopped.

Very kind of him indeed. Almost saint-like.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Captain Awesome wrote:...and kindly killed 4 people (with only one tied to LAPD and not the issue he had with LAPD) in the process and wounded others. And god knows how many he'd kill if he wasn't stopped.

He killed 2 cops, one woman who was tied to him getting fired and and the deputy at the cabin that burned down.

Soldiers are soldiers. When you sign up to be a police officer you assume the role and risk. He said he would be bring asymmetrical warfare to the LAPD and authorities and did just that.

As it stands now the LAPD were the ones shooting at civilians randomly and haphazardly.

Christopher Dorner certainly had the chance to kill more random people as the media (police fed) tried to make it seem like this guy was randomly motivated and ready to kill anyone. He didn't.

He could have easily killed the people in the cabin and would have still been at large if he did so. He didn't.

Fits his MO. Also frames the story.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

SurplusElect wrote:He could have easily killed the people in the cabin and would have still been at large if he did so. He didn't.

Yes, let's name a school after him. He's a hero for not killing more people.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Enough. That is not what I'm saying. Sheesh.

He was made out to be a "domestic terrorist" and people were calling for a flipping drone strike against him. Screw court - just murder him - the public is at risk!

Turns out he returned a bunch of cash he found a few years ago, he was fired for "not" being a dirty cop - and he didn't kill the people he stole the truck from which would have easily been justified (in a criminals mind) and logically would have been better for his safety and outcome of the situation. He was already facing the death penalty - nothing to lose. He ended up dead because he spared those peoples lives.

Sounds like his beef was with the LAPD and any police officer that was out to kill him. As discussed - he knew the stakes and that any cop seeing him would be trying to take him out. That has been proven, actually.

The LAPD is trying very hard to cover up what this guy was so mad about. Instead of focusing on the actual root cause, the story (by design) is being lost in translation and more about a "crazy madman on the lose".

Just keeping the facts on the table.
Last edited by SurplusElect on Feb 13th, 2013, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Where's the tinfoil hat?
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

nebula wrote:That said, what are the so many levels, baconbits?

Morally it is wrong to burn someone alive! Don't you think? They never had any intention of bringing him to justice to face the charges against him. Look at the two ladies who were driving a similar truck as him and end up getting shot while delivering newspapers without even a warning from the cops.

Secondly it's illegal and called murder. No matter how they will spin it, they knew he would rather end his own life before leaving that house. I'd bet my life on it that if he left that burning house he still would have ended up dead.

I'm in no way in support of the lives he took, however this situation has showed the mentality of the police forces in U.S.A. and how they take matters into they're own hands and don't follow protocols, especially when they are dealing with a suspected cop killer.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

baconbits wrote:Morally it is wrong to burn someone alive!

I agree. They could have shot him first.
They never had any intention of bringing him to justice to face the charges against him.

You don't know that.
I'd bet my life on it that if he left that burning house he still would have ended up dead.

I suspect if he walked out of that cabin armed he would have been shot quite quickly.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Sorry nebula, I should have said "I believe they had no intention...." :hailjo:

What do you believe? Did he get what he deserved?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Realistically, baconbits, he did get what he deserved. Had he surrendered he would have been tried, convicted, put on death row and some time later been put to death. A few steps were skipped in the process yesterday.

At this point I do not know the sequence of events that led up to his suspected death. I'm going to wait to see what comes out.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

SurplusElect wrote:He ended up dead because he spared those peoples lives.

He ended up dead because he was an extremely dangerous mentally ill individual who killed 4 innocent people and wounded others, and would probably go on killing and harming people until he was either stopped or offed himself like a coward that he is. You want to cry over this lunatic - be my guest.

The LAPD is trying very hard to cover up what this guy was so mad about.

Yes, I've read his manifesto fully. Some guy got kicked while being arrested. Somebody call the senate committee, we need to go wide with this! Head will roll in LAPD - but heads will roll in HR department for letting this sicko work there, and getting hired in the first place. Good riddance to this psycho.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Captain Awesome wrote:Yes, I've read his manifesto fully. Some guy got kicked while being arrested. Somebody call the senate committee, we need to go wide with this.

His partner kicked a suspect in the head Buddy/Castanet style and HE got fired for crossing "the blue line" and confirming abuse. He then goes on about a system of corruption and dirty cops, something the LAPD is known for.

So imagine if Kelly Hayes got fired for filming the buddy head kick. Except worse. Imagine the RCMP pressured Castanet to fire Kelly and they succeeded.

No big deal I suppose.

Of course if the good cop got to keep his job maybe he wouldn't have gone crazy and he would be out there saving lives instead of taking them. After all, the LAPD destroyed his life by the sounds of it. Again, no big deal I suppose.

Heads will roll in HR department for letting this sicko work there, and getting hired in the first place. Good riddance to this psycho

Um read up on him there Captain. He was a smart, charismatic military man. Sound like your on the payroll for the PR department over at LAPD!

Your calling this man crazy, yet the LAPD shot up a truck being driven by two Latino women and the "good" cop lost his job for trying to be "good".
Last edited by SurplusElect on Feb 13th, 2013, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

SurplusElect wrote:His partner kicked a suspect in the head Buddy/Castanet style and HE got fired for crossing "the blue line" and confirming abuse.

Totally worth killing 4 innocent people and wounding many others. In fact, I think it's worth a few more dead people - damn the govt for stopping this fella. He is an exemplary human being, and should have been put in charge of LAPD restructuring.

Brother knows how to get stuff done.
Last edited by Captain Awesome on Feb 13th, 2013, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

While Dorner may have been completely right, his subsequent actions were grossly beyond what was acceptable.
SurplusElect
Übergod

Post by SurplusElect »

Nebula wrote:While Dorner may have been completely right, his subsequent actions were grossly beyond what was acceptable.

Define acceptable though - from his perspective.

The LAPD let a good cop lose his job and his livelihood while protecting a dirty cop. Not to mention by the sounds of it this Dorner was fighting the good fight because of the rampant corruption and bull that goes on within the LAPD.

What if this exposed countless "unsolved" murders and crimes committed by the LAPD?

The good guy is only the good guy because he won and gets to tell the story. Right now the LAPD is telling the story.

Remember - this is in a country which fosters the right to grab a gun and take matters into your own hands when the authorities are corrupt.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

SurplusElect wrote:Define acceptable though - from his perspective.

I don't care what his perspective is. I don't care if he was 100% right. What he did was wrong.

From my perspective, killing people because you're *bleep* off is not acceptable.

Return to “World”