Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Disturbing manifesto of a psycho ex-cop

Post by Captain Awesome »

jennylives wrote:So for Nebula and Captain Awesome, did this play out how you think it should? Do you see any faults on the part of the police in this case?

Shooting up two other trucks in the heat of the moment that matched the description was of course wrong. And it should be investigated. I'm sure there are reasons why it happened (and it doesn't make it right) but overall progression and the final results were quite logical.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Nebula wrote:Maybe because they didn't purposely set the house on fire? Could be that.

Why is it that the media's choppers we're not allowed to show any live footage however as soon as the cabin was on fire, the live feed came through???

Ok so you believe these videos/audio files are all rigged?
I'm sure most of you won't even take the time read or watch but here they are:

http://storify.com/MaxBlumenthal/media- ... ner-stando
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T6cG7F ... ata_player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X-WoiJhVY8
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

baconbits wrote:Why is it that the media's choppers we're not allowed to show any live footage however as soon as the cabin was on fire, the live feed came through???

Do you think the police would want the media to show live coverage of where they are, what their deployments are, what they are up to outside that cabin, with the possibility that the gunman inside the cabin could be watching?

Ok so you believe these videos/audio files are all rigged?

I didn't say that. Who said that?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Nebula wrote:I would take anything on YouTube with a grain of salt, especially when the person posting a video notes that he condensed 40 minutes of audio into five minutes in order to remove the blank spaces. (How do we know he only removed blank spaces?)

Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

While there is another explanation out there, some people seem to have made up their minds that 'burn' and 'burner' can only mean the cops on scene set the cabin on fire, on purpose.

As for jennylives' question, yes it pretty much went the way I suspected. Dorner knew he had murdered four people and that he was facing the death penalty. I believe his intention all along was to create as much havoc as possible and then go out in a blaze of glory. In the end, he may well have put a bullet in his own head. Either way, I suspect he knew he was going to die and he did.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

What is your point, baconbits?

Yes, I would still take anything posted on YouTube with a grain of salt. That is true.

It is also true that I did NOT say these videos/audio files are all rigged. I simply did not say anything about anything being rigged.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Nebula wrote:What is your point, baconbits?

Yes, I would still take anything posted on YouTube with a grain of salt. That is true.

It is also true that I did NOT say these videos/audio files are all rigged. I simply did not say anything about anything being rigged.

Fair enough you didn't say they we're rigged it simply sounded as though you didn't deem them credible.

My point is that the police are corrupt, which is exactly the point that Dorner was trying to get across. One simple fact they are not taking responsibility for setting the house on fire. After listening to those videos and transcripts your telling me that you believe that they did not intentionally set that house on fire?
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

^^^And the fact innocents were attacked previously don't forget. They did not want this guy to be put on trial and made sure it didn't happen.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

baconbits wrote:One simple fact they are not taking responsibility for setting the house on fire.

That is not entirely true. At yesterday's press conference the sheriff clearly stated the fire started right after tear gas was fired into the cabin.
After listening to those videos and transcripts your telling me that you believe that they did not intentionally set that house on fire?

I haven't watched them all but I get the gist of the argument. I do not know if the police intentionally set the cabin on fire. You, however, believe they did. I have seen no evidence that clearly shows the police intended to do so.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

jennylives wrote:They did not want this guy to be put on trial and made sure it didn't happen.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. It is, however, only an opinion.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Interesting read: http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/02/13/ ... er-dorner/

One fellow mentions when interviewed if he was afraid of Dorner being in the big bear area, he said he was more frightened of the cops.
baconbits
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by baconbits »

Nebula wrote:That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. It is, however, only an opinion.

I guess it's also when everyone's unique sense of "common sense" kicks in.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Every post on this forum is an opinion, that's a given. We're trying to keep the regional forums to serious posts only which is why the politics forums were created.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

baconbits wrote:Interesting read: http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/02/13/ ... er-dorner/

One fellow mentions when interviewed if he was afraid of Dorner being in the big bear area, he said he was more frightened of the cops.

No doubt, innocent bystanders were shot at by police and the people not indicated as targets by Dorner were not harmed.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

baconbits wrote:One fellow mentions when interviewed if he was afraid of Dorner being in the big bear area, he said he was more frightened of the cops.

One fellow. One. I suspect there were a whole lot of people in the Big Bear Lake area that were mighty nervous about Dorner being in the vicinity and who were far more concerned about Dorner than the police.

Return to “World”