Asteroid chunk injures 1000+ in Russia

JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Asteroid chunk injures 1000+ in Russia

Post by JLives »

The Onion describes it perfectly as usual *language warning* http://www.theonion.com/articles/more-t ... les,31321/
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

OK, fair enough, since I posted that OP a lot of evidence has come in to indicate that the two events are unrelated but there are still some people unconvinced:

http://theconversation.edu.au/meteorite-soars-over-russia-12252

Asteroid expert Phil Bland, ARC Laureate Fellow at Curtin University: “Is it connected to the flyby? A lot of folks would say ‘no’. Personally, I’ve always kind of liked the idea that there are streams of asteroid debris – so you can have smaller stuff that precede and trail a bigger object,”

However, I'm willing in the light of the additional evidence which has surfaced since the time of the OP to acknowledge that it was a really weird super-coincidence. Happy now? :sunshine:
It Is When People Forget God That Tyrants Forge Their Chains - Patrick Henry
It's the Marxists, Stupid!
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
rookie314
Übergod

Post by rookie314 »

Just a thought. If you are going to make a definitive statement, two things. Back it up with facts or better still if you have no facts, maybe look at a career in the mainstream media. :dyinglaughing:
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

rookie314 wrote:Just a thought. If you are going to make a definitive statement, two things. Back it up with facts or better still if you have no facts, maybe look at a career in the mainstream media. :dyinglaughing:

Or maybe I can make a few hundred thousand a year as ARC Laureate Fellow at Curtin University. And, yes, I'd fail you. :dyinglaughing:
BC under the Endeepee won't be just like North Korea: the gulags will have nicer views.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The information was available before the OP's original post.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Spocky
Fledgling

Post by Spocky »

Fancy wrote:The information was available before the OP's original post.

Yes, mea culpa for not going through the 1,569,372 articles online at that time to find the handful that claimed the opposite and just jumping to conclusions on the handful I did read. Please sentence me to 20 lashes with a wet noodle. Next time I'll be more careful. :127:

Return to “World”