Missing Airplane: Malaysia Airlines MH370

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Missing Airplane: Malaysia Airlines MH370

Post by vinnied »

curious to know what some of you think happened to this plane and its passengers. certainly turning to be a bit of a mystery.
In this day and age where they can track the location of a cell phone, yet they cant find a boeing 777.
latest news is the Malaysian air force chief is now denying they tracked it for at least 500 km off course after the transponders went off.
So whats the deal. was It shot down? did It have mechanical failure, was it hijacked and subsequently crashed? or maybe it flew in and landed somewhere
I'm starting to lean towards the shot down theory myself, but id sure like to hear some other opinions if anyone cares to share there thoughts
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Re: Missing Airplane: Malaysia Airlines MH370

Post by JLives »

I'm surprised this wasn't a thread yet. My opinion is the whole thing is just weird.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Vinnied beat me to it.

We were talking about it tonight.

I figure someone's got it with a cloaking device and is testing it out. China developed this one, and yes, a jet is quite a bit larger than a cat, but if it works, it works.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/ ... ng-device/
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I guess it's a bit of a process to shut off the tracking. Is pilot suicide ruled out or even considered? Wouldn't be the first time.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Pilot suicide was talked about on CNN,however, having said that, shouldn't the plane have been found by now?

Let's face it, if my Subaru goes over in some godfersakken ditch in Alberta, OnStar can find me within 20m.
Last edited by Queen K on Mar 11th, 2014, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

You would think. Guess it's a small world till you got to find a plane in the ocean.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

I just dont understand why all day we've been hearing how military radar tracked it flying 1000 feet lower and for at least 500km to the west of its original flight path. Now there saying it was just a theory, one of many.
So we have two Iranians on board with stolen passports, and possibly a changed flight path. well we all know what the outcome of a hijacked aircraft would be post 911.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

After seeing the map showing the change of direction of the aircraft , I calculated the distances and probable fuel load . This made me wonder if the spy sats should have a look about 300 miles off the coast of Somalia.
Then I come on here and read that the whole change of direction thing may be incorrect info.
So much for my Somali pirates theory.

Hoping that they find the aircraft about 100 yards offshore of some deserted island , and a few hundred hungry and angry people on the beach.
Last edited by gordon_as on Mar 11th, 2014, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

I've been following this with great interest, and I must say a lot of puzzlement.

I don't get things like hearing today that relatives of missing ones, call their cell phones, and apparently they ring but just don't get answered.

I can't believe that with a bunch of cell phones, most of which have GPS, and a plane that's not that old, that nothing has been found so far, with all the high tech gadgets in the world.

Very very weird.

I've even wondered if the plane got stolen, but it's not as though you can land something that big just anywhere.

If it hit water, I have to believe that there would have been debris found by this amount of time elapsing, the number of search vehicles, and the use of satellite pictures.

Truly puzzling.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I don't think it has crashed. There's nothing to support that theory. Shot down or suicide would leave a mess, too. I think the plane is parked somewhere and hidden.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

LoneWolf_53 wrote:I've been following this with great interest, and I must say a lot of puzzlement.

I don't get things like hearing today that relatives of missing ones, call their cell phones, and apparently they ring but just don't get answered.

I can't believe that with a bunch of cell phones, most of which have GPS, and a plane that's not that old, that nothing has been found so far, with all the high tech gadgets in the world.

I was at work all day and did not hear the story about people phoning passengers cell phones , where did you hear about that ?

** Edit ** , wife just answered that question , she heard it on the news. But I don't believe it's true , because the cell companies would be able to tell the authorities exactly where the phone is.

With regards to GPS in a phone , it only works where there is cell reception. I am not sure how far away a cell tower can get a ping from a phone , but I would guess that it is not very far.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

grammafreddy wrote:I don't think it has crashed. There's nothing to support that theory. Shot down or suicide would leave a mess, too. I think the plane is parked somewhere and hidden.

Somewhere with a 1.5 km runway and not too many people around.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I think it crashed I don't believe it's terrorism or anything like that.
Been a few days, no one has claimed responsibility and you know terrorist love to do that. If it has landed, no ransom demands or some negotiation.
I'm sure there's easier ways to obtain a plane than to take 200+passengers with you and the international interest that comes with it.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

The curiosity is driving me nuts. I want to know where this plane is.

How the heck can we get space ships to Mars, yet can't find one huge airplane on our own planet?

If it had a few barrels of oil on board, I'm sure the US would have located it by now.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

^^ Do wonders never cease? You FINALLY made me laugh over the finding oil comment.

You'd think right? If there was something on board they really wanted. Well this is such a mystery that there seems to be something on board someone else REALLY wanted. The oil slicks in the ocean could have been part of a mass conspiracy to make it LOOK like the plane went down. Anyone could have put those slicks there and sped away, who was monitering that part of the ocean? Also, that part of the World may be more polluted than we realize, so slicks may have been there a long time.

Return to “World”