Some US parents are just brain dead: read link

wanderingman
Übergod

Some US parents are just brain dead: read link

Post by wanderingman »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/06/na ... latestnews

talk about irresponsible brain dead parents.No wonder the government interviens in peoples lives when you get a couple of AH parents like these two . I can just imagine what this little deal cost the tax payers
Steve-O
Übergod

Re: Some USA parents are just brain dead.read news article

Post by Steve-O »

How are they irresponsible?
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

I would also like to know what makes these people "irresponsible, brain dead" parents?
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Many - MANY - People have taken their wee ones along for their sail driven travels around the world.

A few even manage to bring them back alive.

Illness happens

offshorekids.JPG

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES!
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Steve-O wrote:How are they irresponsible?

in my opinion if you have to ask and or do not understand then your as bad as these people
NO ONE in their correct mind would take a one year old and three year old on a small sail boat and try and sail around the world. Especially when one was very sick recently These people are very irresponsible people
look at the terrible waste of resources inflicted by these very very stupid ignorant people
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

I'll bet it's considerably less than what's "wasted" every day on helping people who chose to drive with their kids in the car.

God hates a coward.

Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

in my opinion if you have to ask and or do not understand then your as bad as these people
NO ONE in their correct mind would take a one year old and three year old on a small sail boat and try and sail around the world. Especially when one was very sick recently These people are very irresponsible people
look at the terrible waste of resources inflicted by these very very stupid ignorant people

It is a terrible waste of resources to help someone in need? And you know that they don't have to pay for this help how? You know it was a "tiny sailboat"? And all of the "lost", "missing", "stupid", "irresponsible" people that are a "terrible waste of resources" here in this province are intelligent? I don't think it is the parents of these kids that are ignorant but maybe people with biased, know it all attitudes have that in the bag.
we have traveled all over the world with our kids since they were little....and they have grown up to be healthy, happy OPEN MINDED adults.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

36 foot sailboat is PUNNY and the want to sail around the world as dangerous as it is and with a one year old and a three year old.is one point short of outrageous.first off it should be illegal and second off theses idiots should charged with child endangerment and Yes its a trerrible waste of resources that could have gone to a much better places

travelling the world in safe circumstances is a far cry from this ridiculous situation. I find people like the last poster whom feel home schooling and the lot are so full of themselves its sad and robs the kids of a much more normal upbringing
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

wanderingman wrote:I find people like the last poster whom feel home schooling and the lot are so full of themselves its sad and robs the kids of a much more normal upbringing

What's "normal"? Normal for who - you? The world has to pussyfoot as you dictate? I don't think so. That's the same as me telling you that you have to do things my way of "normal".
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

wanderingman wrote:...theses idiots should charged with child endangerment...

Yeah...you're right.

safe at home.JPG

Stay safe!

Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

wanderingman wrote:36 foot sailboat is PUNNY and the want to sail around the world as dangerous as it is and with a one year old and a three year old.is one point short of outrageous.first off it should be illegal and second off theses idiots should charged with child endangerment and Yes its a trerrible waste of resources that could have gone to a much better places

travelling the world in safe circumstances is a far cry from this ridiculous situation. I find people like the last poster whom feel home schooling and the lot are so full of themselves its sad and robs the kids of a much more normal upbringing

Excuse me....did I say my kids were home schooled? Assumptions are dangerous, my dear. And...full of myself? really? Ask my kids what they thought of going to school in other countries and what that and travel did for them. Thank the powers that be that they will never have a closed mind and huge attitude like some "normal" people with "normal" upbringings and, needless to say, they were never "missing", never on drugs, never had any run ins with the law..... We robbed them of absolutely nothing....they did all the same things as all kids with a "normal" upbringing....lolol Including riding on the Cdn National PPG team overseas, just to name one very special thing....along with a lot more that they would NOT be able to be a part of in this "wonderful" country. Get off your high horse....what is "safe" to one may be the exact opposite to another....as in flying? As said...many many people sail all over the world...safely. Just go to a tropical climate and take a look at the "puny" sailboats from all over the world. lololol Calling these people(or me) AH's is like the pot calling the kettle black, imo.

its a trerrible waste of resources that could have gone to a much better places

edit to add: if you are from Canada, then why are you worrying about what the US puts out to save/help one of their own?????
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

its a terrible waste of resources when the two self centered dumb adults decided to risk the lives of their little children because of their own personal wants.Totally preventable if they were caring adults with adaquete parenting skills
They should have Never ever been allowed to endanger two small tiny children such as they have and they out to be ashamed of their despicable act
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

Seriously...how old are you? Are you a parent? Did you raise your kids in bubble wrap? Have you ever seen or been on a sea worthy sail boat?
Self centred, IMO, would be to farm those kids out and be off doing what they please on their own. The dad, in this case, is well versed in the "dangers" of sailing. Kids get sick all the time....best, in your esteemed opinion, would be to stay home, raise those kids in a "safe environment" , as nothing can ever happen to them if they are raised in a house, a home town or, as the previous picture depicts...by parents that are at work, on their iPhones or drinking?
Every week, pretty much, there are "missing" kids on Castanet....normal upbringing?
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

Xia33 wrote:Seriously...how old are you? Are you a parent? Did you raise your kids in bubble wrap? Have you ever seen or been on a sea worthy sail boat?
Self centred, IMO, would be to farm those kids out and be off doing what they please on their own. The dad, in this case, is well versed in the "dangers" of sailing. Kids get sick all the time....best, in your esteemed opinion, would be to stay home, raise those kids in a "safe environment" , as nothing can ever happen to them if they are raised in a house, a home town or, as the previous picture depicts...by parents that are at work, on their iPhones or drinking?
Every week, pretty much, there are "missing" kids on Castanet....normal upbringing?

its extremely self centered and uncaring for a man and a women to take a one year old and a three year old on a little 36 ft sailboat and sail around this very very dangerous world.Its child endangerment at least and this should be illegal for anyone to do(take underage kids).Not only that it causes(as we have seen) totally unacceptable consequences
Let me tell you a one year old and a three year old would be better off with caring/loving foster or grand parents than couped up against their will in a unsafe 36ft sail boat in extremely unpredictable and often dangerous conditions
You people make it sound like their going down Okanagan lake for a day or two
Xia33
Übergod

Post by Xia33 »

Going down the okanagan for a day or two, in all reality, could prove to be every bit as dangerous. Lol. You are amazing, especially with your handle, "wanderingman". Wandering must mean around the block. Lol. IF you believe those two children would be better off with foster parents than their caring, loving parents it is you that is very misguided...and I doubt very much that the children are with their mommy and daddy "against their will".
When it becomes illegal to take your children on a trip, regardless of what that trip is, it will be the downfall of this already "nanny" society and the ruination of kids in general.
It would seem that you think it is okay for kids to be ignored by working and/or partying parents as long as they are on solid ground? It would seem that the taxpayers' money that is spent here in BC to rescue skiers, snowmobilers,etc that go where they should not is okay, but lord help another country that assists their own?
It would seem that you believe this is a very very dangerous world and even moreso on the ocean. Wrap yourself up, bud.....and mind your own business...keep your kids safe and secure and give them what you believe to be a "normal" life. Leave others with a different opinion alone or maybe, when your kids get to their teens, compare notes.

Return to “World”