I'm thankful we're not as gun-crazy as Americans

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: I'm forever thankful we're not as gun-crazy as the Ameri

Post by averagejoe »

Danielson99 wrote:I had the news on in the background this morning and heard that over 40 people were shot in Chicago this past weekend. 40!!! Several died including an innocent little girl.

And yet we sit here listening to all these idiots preach to us about how much safer it is if everybody has a gun.

Gangs are using illegal guns in Chicago to kill. 2 years ago, Chicago had 500 murders of which the majority were do to gang violence. The same as every weekend in Chicago these days.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Pregnant Florida Woman Dies After She Was Accidentally Shot In Head

A pregnant woman died Sunday in Florida after she was accidentally shot in the head at a friend's house, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Katherine Hoover, from New Port Richey, Fla., was visiting a friend in Brooksville, Fla. on Saturday along with her husband. Hoover was recently married and five months pregnant.

William DeHayes was showing Hoover his gun collection. While he was showing her his .22 caliber revolver, it accidentally fired and shot Hoover in the head, according to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office.

Hoover was taken to a local hospital and then airlifted to Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Her unborn child could not be saved, and Hoover died in the emergency room early Sunday morning.

Police are still investigating the incident, but believe it was an accidental shooting, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafe ... ad/2190285
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Partmanpartfish wrote: William DeHayes was showing Hoover his gun collection. While he was showing her his .22 caliber revolver, it accidentally fired and shot Hoover in the head, according to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office.

Almost unbelievable!

"Here's my gun collection - I keep them loaded for showing people"
canada bound

Post by canada bound »

Hopefully the education levels will rise faster then gun ownership
Last edited by canada bound on Oct 24th, 2014, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Oops!

DOLAN SPRINGS, Ariz. — Authorities say a 9-year-old girl accidentally shot her shooting instructor in the head in northwestern Arizona.

Mohave County Sheriff's officials say the 39-year-old shooting instructor was shot at an outdoor range in Dolan Springs about 10 a.m. Monday.

Details weren't immediately released.

Sheriff's officials say the man was airlifted to a medical center in Las Vegas, and his condition isn't immediately known.

The name of the man and the 9-year-old girl haven't been released.

Authorities say the girl was at the shooting range with her parents.

Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Idaho Professor Shoots Himself In The Foot While On Campus

A professor at Idaho State University shot himself in the foot on Tuesday while on the university's campus, according to television station KIDK.

Police told the TV station the professor had a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Under a law signed in March by Idaho Gov. Butch Otter (R), the presence of concealed weapons on college campuses is allowed.

According to KIDK, who spoke with a student, the gun went off during the middle of the professor's class. Police said the handgun was in the professor's pants pocket when it misfired. He was treated for his injury and released from the hospital.

The university said no one was evacuated from the building after the incident, and the station reported that no criminal charges had been filed. The name of the professor was not released.

http://www.localnews8.com/news/gun-fire ... s/27845854
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Husband Mistakes 60-Year-Old Wife For Intruder, Shoots Her In The Face

A 47-year-old man in Sebring, Fla., accidentally shot his 60-year-old wife in the face on Sunday after he mistook her for an intruder, reported the News Sun.

Sebring Police Department Cmdr. Steve Carr told the paper that the shooter, Eusebio Christian, said he heard a noise and got out of bed to check out what he allegedly thought was a break in. The paper reported that Christian told police he saw a figure in the kitchen and started shooting because he was afraid. The figure turned out to be his 60-year-old wife.

"Once he realized it was her, he stopped shooting," Carr said. "All (shots) missed except one in the face."

Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

3 dead after 2 shootings

Three people are dead after two separate shootings in Toronto that saw students at several nearby schools forced to stay inside as a precaution.

The first shooting occurred around noon in the city's northwest, killing two males police say were in their late teens.

Police say the shots rang out around noon in a parking lot near the School of Experiential Education, with that school and three others nearby immediately put into lockdown.

Then, around 3 p.m. — moments after police announced lockdowns at the schools had been lifted — a male in the city's east end (near Regent Park) was fatally shot in the head and chest.

Four schools nearby are in hold and secure.

Police Supt. Ron Taverner said at this point the shooting in the northwest is believed to be targeted.

"As far as we're aware right now there is no connection to the school. It just happened the victims went to the rear of the school from where the shooting is," he told reporters at the scene.

"Certainly a very devastating thing to have happened here in the middle of the afternoon, and very close to two schools quite frankly."

He said one person of interest had been taken into custody while a suspect was sought, but that no weapon had been recovered yet.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-124279-4-.htm#124279
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Re: I'm thankful we're not as gun-crazy as Americans

More from the Crazy States of America.

Atlanta Man Brings Loaded AR-15 Into Airport Because He Can

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/ma ... a-a/nmTFS/
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Is this about gun control or stupidity?
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

jimmy4321 wrote:Is this about gun control or stupidity?

They go hand in hand.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

Return to “World”