I'm thankful we're not as gun-crazy as Americans

Partmanpartfish
Übergod

I'm thankful we're not as gun-crazy as Americans

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Coroner: Man wearing bulletproof vest says, 'Shoot me,' is killed

HONEA PATH, S.C

Timothy Fisher, 25, is charged with involuntary manslaughter in the case, according to deputies. He is being held at the Anderson County Detention Center.

The shooting was reported Wednesday on Broadmouth Church Road at 2:40 a.m., according to Sheila Cole with the Anderson County Sheriff's Office.

Anderson County Deputy Coroner Don McCown said Blake Randall Wardell was hanging around with some other people in a garage at that location when he put on a bulletproof vest they had found.

Wardell asked someone to shoot him, according to McCown.

Wardell was shot with a small-caliber weapon and the shot went above the Kevlar of the vest and into Wardell’s heart, killing him, McCown said.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/dispatch-one- ... g/25968500
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: I'm forever thankful we're not as gun-crazy as the Ameri

Post by Bsuds »

The Darwin theory in spades!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

My daughter went to a convention somewhere in the States a couple of years ago. She was in a group where one of them was a young woman who had served in the war. This woman casually and openly pulled out a handgun to show off to the others. It was passed around to those interested, and they engaged in the pros and cons of this type of gun, they compared gun preferences, and discussed what future purchases they wanted to make.

My daughter said it was one of the weirdest moments she had ever experienced, and that it was shocking to her to see how, even though Canadians share many similarities with Americans, there are some extreme differences.
canada bound

Post by canada bound »

Pride yourself Canada on the differences.

With the Education levels going down in America and gun ownership going up(including Assault Weapons), and 100 of thousands of Vets dealing with PTSD coming home. The future might not be so bright for the States.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Isla Vista Resident Arrested for Negligent Discharge of a Firearm

Isla Vista - May 28th, 2014

On Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at approximately 2:30 pm, Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to an apartment in the 6500 block of Pardall Road for a gunshot that had come through the reporting party’s apartment wall. Deputies arrived and found that a bullet had been shot through the wall from a connecting apartment, deflected off of a TV stand and lodged into the adjacent wall, narrowly missing the resident inside. Deputies went to the suspect’s apartment and contacted the lone resident, identified as 21-year old Kevin Tym (UCSB student). When questioned, Tym admitted that he was playing with his legally owned handgun and accidentally fired a Glock 17, 9mm round through his neighbor’s wall. During a search incident to arrest, Tym was found in possession of 7 firearms and approximately 1000 rounds of ammunition. In addition, he was found in possession of high capacity assault rifle magazines. All of the firearms were legally owned by Tym.

All of Tym’s firearms, ammunition and magazines were seized. Tym was arrested and booked into jail for a violation of 246.3 PC – Negligent discharge of a firearm and 32310(a) PC – Possession of high capacity magazines. His bail was set at $2,500.

http://www.sbsheriff.org/05281401.html
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Jon Stewart on the criminally insane NRA backing down from statements that toting assault weapons into fast food restaurants is 'downright weird.'

“We are at the intersection of Open Carry Road and ‘Stand Your Ground’ Place. Here's where we are. So what the f**k are we supposed to do now? According to the NRA’s basic principles, you have a right to carry a weapon that may cause a reasonable person to believe they are in danger of great bodily injury. And they have a right, if they feel that way, to respond with deadly force. It’s a perpetual violence machine. It’s ‘Gunfight at the Golden Corral.’”
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Tennessee Man Accidentally Shoots, Kills Self While Driving

A man accidentally shot and killed himself while driving Wednesday afternoon down a Tennessee highway, Chattanooga TV station WTVC reported.

James Anthony McKenzie, 49, shot himself in the thigh with a .45 caliber handgun as he drove, Meigs County Detective Scott Wiggins said. A call came in for deputies to respond to a seizure, he said, but when they arrived McKenzie had apparently bled to death from the wound in his thigh.

The man was in the car alone, according to WTVC, and deputies were trying to determine how the gun discharged. McKenzie held a valid permit for the firearm.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/top-st ... 0826.shtml

Partmanpartfish
Übergod

More great moments in gun nuttery.

Bibb Crime Files: Man accidentally shoots himself in penis

Monday files

Date: June 12

Incident type: Self-inflicted gunshot

A Macon man was treated at Coliseum Northside hospital Thursday after he accidentally shot himself in the penis.

The man was parked at the gas station at about 9:30 p.m. when he attempted to holster his .45. Immediately after the gun went off, he drove to a friend's house in Lake Wildwood. When he got to the friends house, he took off his pants and saw that he had "shot himself in the penis and that the bullet exited out of his buttocks." The spent round fell onto the floor.

The man's friend drove him to Coliseum Northside hospital and he was then transferred to the Medical Center of Central Georgia.

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/ ... /10631943/

Way to dump a little chlorine into the gene pool . . .
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Please Mr Harper. Please hurry and bring US-style gun nuttery laws to Canada! We need to be as free and dead as our American brethren!!

Gun Nut 2nd Amendmented Man to Death For Holding Up Traffic

A Pennsylvania man was shot and killed on Friday evening in Kensington for holding up traffic.

Police say that the shooting occurred on the 2800 block of North 5th Street sometime before 9pm. The victim was allegedly holding up traffic while he fought with his wife in the street. While the unidentified man fought with his wife, the suspect stopped his vehicle, exited the vehicle, and shot the victim twice; once in the head and once in the chest.

The suspect then fled in the minivan. The man was pronounced dead at the scene at 9:06pm. Police later found the minivan abandoned at 500 West Indiana Avenue. Chief Inspector of the Philadelphia Police, Scott Small, said that the incident appeared to be motivated by road rage.

http://aattp.org/watch-gun-nut-2nd-amen ... fic-video/
canada bound

Post by canada bound »

Lets hope cooler heads prevail
Last edited by canada bound on Oct 24th, 2014, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Two Guys With Guns Have Showdown On First Day Of Georgia's New 'Guns Everywhere' Law

VALDOSTA — On the first day of the new Georgia Safe Carry Protection Act, a misunderstanding between two armed men in a convenience store Tuesday led to a drawn firearm and a man’s arrest.

“Essentially, it involved one customer with a gun on his hip when a second customer entered with a gun on his hip,” said Valdosta Police Chief Brian Childress.

At approximately 3 p.m. Tuesday, police responded to a call regarding a customer dispute at the Enmark on the corner of Park Avenue and North Lee Street.

A man carrying a holstered firearm entered the store to make a purchase. Another customer, also with a holstered firearm, approached him and demanded to see his identification and firearms license, according to the Valdosta Police Department report.

The customer making demands for ID pulled his firearm from its holster but never pointed it at the other customer, who said he was not obligated to show any permits or identification.

He demanded the man’s ID again. Undeterred by the drawn gun, the man paid for his items, left the store and called for police.

Authorities arrested Ronald Williams, 62, on a charge of disorderly conduct, related to the pulling of a weapon inside of the store, according to the VPD. Police confiscated Williams’ weapon and took him to the Lowndes County Jail.

The police chief said no one can demand a person to show their gun permit. Under the new law, he as police chief and his officers cannot demand to see a firearms permit, Childress said.

“This is an example of my concern with the new gun law that people will take the law into their own hands which we will not tolerate,” Childress said.
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

I had the news on in the background this morning and heard that over 40 people were shot in Chicago this past weekend. 40!!! Several died including an innocent little girl.

And yet we sit here listening to all these idiots preach to us about how much safer it is if everybody has a gun.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Danielson99 wrote:I had the news on in the background this morning and heard that over 40 people were shot in Chicago this past weekend. 40!!! Several died including an innocent little girl.

And yet we sit here listening to all these idiots preach to us about how much safer it is if everybody has a gun.

Are you sure it's the gun laws that cause this? Hand guns were banned in Chicago until the Supreme Court ruling a couple years back as are semi-automatic "assault rifles". It is actually easier for me to buy an "assault rifle" in Kelowna than it is for a person in Chicago.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote: It is actually easier for me to buy an "assault rifle" in Kelowna than it is for a person in Chicago.

Maybe legally but what about illegally?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bsuds wrote:Maybe legally but what about illegally?

I don't know. It's quite easy to buy guns illegally anywhere (just like drugs).
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “World”