Prostitution Laws, not guns, are responsible for shooting

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Prostitution Laws, not guns, are responsible for shooting

Post by Glacier »

"There’s no question that Rodger had serious issues with women. He was a 22 year old virgin, and if you watch his YouTube channel you can understand why. He is said to have been diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome at a young age, he was very socially awkward, and he was not masculine in his appearance or mannerisms. These are all good reasons to legalize prostitution, not go out and murder a bunch of people."
~ Christopher Cantwell

"If only he would have been able to satisfy his sexual fantasies with woman this would not have happened."
~ Filipe Saadi
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Prostitution Laws, not guns, are responsible for shootin

Post by maryjane48 »

but he was allowed to have a gun , moot point , still not sure why you want americans to buy guns like water though
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

lakevixen wrote:but he was allowed to have a gun

We need a new question on a gun permit application:

"Do you get laid regularly?"

Cause if somebody isn't - red flag!
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

Prostitutes are almost as easy to obtain as guns in California.

Easily-obtained handguns killed those people, not his blue balls.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

how do you know this?
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

This is a mental issue.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

jimmy4321 wrote:This is a mental issue.

Well, yes. I'd say all mass murderers have mental issues. Guns make it easier for these people to kill, though. And yes, I know there was a mass knife killing in Calgary recently, but mass knife killings are relatively rare.

This is a snippet from the chat room Elliot Rodger frequented. Go to the link if you like, but beware it's disturbing.

[1:21 PM]: how many of you here ever thought about committing mass murder?

[1:21 PM]: yeah. just dont have access to guns in the uk. even the police just carry batons

[1:22 PM]: if i tried pulling off a massacre, my kill count would be lower than elliots

http://jezebel.com/lessons-from-a-day-s ... 1582884301
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Blaming guns is an easy out.
He easily could have stolen a garbage truck and drove the sidewalk like on the game Grand Theft Auto and do equal or as much damage.
Then they'd want to ban video games.

A person that sick is just dangerous
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

jimmy4321 wrote:Blaming guns is an easy out.
He easily could have stolen a garbage truck and drove the sidewalk like on the game Grand Theft Auto and do equal or as much damage.

When crazy people in garbage trucks start killing as many people in the US as crazy people with handguns, they should probably look into garbage truck controls.

Handguns are easy to get in the US and easy for crazy people to use to kill lots of people. That's why there are so many handgun murders in the US, and so few in the UK.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Garbage truck was an example of a thousand ways a suicidal guy could have had the same impact.
The problem is this guy was clearly suicidal
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Everyone who goes on a rampage is either crazy, suicidal or both. Semi-auto firearms make it easier for them to kill large numbers of people than if they were gunless and forced to use a garbage truck, fire extinguisher or swimming pool.

There just ain't many emotionally healthy mass murderers.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I made my point, twist it any way you wish to make yours.

Doesn't really matter cause in the US any party that takes away their right to own a gun will never see the light of day for generations. Don't assume Democrats are a bunch of Rosie O'Donalds.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Well, OK, maybe if you really want to make your point, you should name some sane mass murderers.

But I never said gun rights would ever change in the US, because those rights are protected by the US Constitution. So I agree with you there. It takes a lot to change the Constitution, and most politicians truly are afraid of the NRA, which is basically a domestic terrorist organization.

So drunken husbands will keep shooting their wives, kids will keep finding handguns laying about and shooting their little sisters and sexually frustrated college students will continue slaughtering their fellow students.

Mayhem in the US will carry on at a 3rd world rather than 1st world rate.

And as I watch the continuing carnage down in The Land of the Free and Brave, I will also continue to be happy I live in Canada.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Where did I say mass murderers were sane? More twisting words.
I said blaming guns is an easy target for the kneejerk lazy. These people who go on rampages are unfortunately difficult to point out and will stop at nothing.
Even if the US could rid of all their guns, gangs would obtain them. In Canada I believe they are only legal for security, collecting, or for the range - but our Gangs have them, small time criminals got them, and they've been found in schools in Canada.
So you got to dig a little deeper then a ban on handguns etc.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

I agree with you. There are far too many handguns floating around the US and it would be impossible to get rid of them. That's why I stated the US will continue to have by far the highest homicide rate in the 1st world.

I do not agree with the right-wing and NRA chant 'guns make us safer.'

Because if that were true, the US with it's 300 million or so guns would be the safest place on earth. And it is instead the deadliest of all 1st world nations by far.

A few nations like Switzerland have high gun ownership and low murder rates. But the Swiss also have mandatory military service and firearms training that weeds out the crazies. That has proven to be very effective gun control.

But the US is not like that. Anyone can obtain a handgun. The NRA even advises convicted felons and people with mental health problems on how to circumvent laws in some states that prevent them from legally obtaining guns. If that's not a terrorist organization, I don't know what is!

So in the US there is nothing to stop abusive husbands and Elliot Rodgers from obtaining as many guns as they like and killing as many people as they can.

God bless America, but I thank God I live in Canada.

Return to “World”