Should America clean up bombs they dropped in Laos?

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Should America clean up millions bombs they dropped in L

Post by Dizzy1 »

Bsuds wrote:January this year that killed the digger operator

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-25594000

I'd be very interested in reading this supposed Nat Geo article that TT is claiming he read
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

European nations (eg. france, germany,UK)have dedicated bomb retrieval units as they are still unearthing ordnance from WW1.
The fact of the matter is the US dropped more ordnance on Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos than all sides during WW2. They do indeed have a moral responsibility in cleaning up after their war mongering.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Can't get Americans to pick up after themselves in their own backyard, let alone on the other side of the world.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

WhatThe wrote:European nations (eg. france, germany,UK)have dedicated bomb retrieval units as they are still unearthing ordnance from WW1.
The fact of the matter is the US dropped more ordnance on Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos than all sides during WW2. They do indeed have a moral responsibility in cleaning up after their war mongering.

Who's cleaning up all the mines the Vietnamese, etc. laid during the conflict? If I'm not mistaken they createore victims then bombs dropped by others.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I guess that's the "thank you" north America should get for involving themselves in these wars, a littering fine
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

jimmy4321 wrote:I guess that's the "thank you" north America should get for involving themselves in these wars, a littering fine

No - cleaning up their mess is just something a normal human should do. Even here in the Okanagan
we have to clean up our dogs poop in the park. It's the law.

as a 'thank you' for Americans (and Canadians) involving in wars, they should be forced to pay $1 million per
person they killed. In Vietnam that would total $4 trillion dollars for 4 million people killed.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Dizzy1 wrote:Who's cleaning up all the mines the Vietnamese, etc. laid during the conflict?

Americans should also pay for that. Americans started the war and lost the war.
Losers always pay. That's the rule.

270 million small cluster bomblets dropped on Laos by America.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thinktank wrote: for 4 million people killed.

I think your figures are a bit inflated as usual.

"Estimates of the number of casualties vary, with the Vietnamese government suggesting as many as 3.1 million violent war deaths, Vietnamese and foreigners, soldiers included.[1][2] A detailed demographic study calculated 791,000–1,141,000 war-related Vietnamese deaths, both soldiers and civilians, for all of Vietnam from 1965 to 1975. The study came up with a most likely Vietnamese death toll of 882,000, which included 655,000 adult males (above 15 years of age), 143,000 adult females, and 84,000 children.[3]"
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:No - cleaning up their mess is just something a normal human should do. Even here in the Okanagan
we have to clean up our dogs poop in the park. It's the law.

Despite your false claim that the Germans have cleaned 100% of their country in respect to bombs, it simply can't be done, it would be impossible to rid a country of 100% of UXO. So, do you think the American's should be responsible for cleaning up their bombs in Germany? Or do you believe what the Allies did in WW2 as a noble cause? Or do you just think that they and only the American's should be cleaning up their UXOs in conflicts that you don't agree with the politics of?

Thinktank wrote:as a 'thank you' for Americans (and Canadians) involving in wars, they should be forced to pay $1 million per
person they killed. In Vietnam that would total $4 trillion dollars for 4 million people killed.

So in other words, the taxpayer should be on the hook for something that happened when many of the taxpayers weren't even born yet? Don't know how anyone else feels, but I'm pretty much getting tired of having to pay for some financial package for something that happened before my time or had nothing to do with me. And why stop with the Americans and Vietnam? Why not get the Germans to pay for all the bombs they dropped all over Europe, why not get the British and Americans to pay for all the bombs they dropped all over Germany? Why not get the Roman's to pay Egypt for their domination? Where does it stop?
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Well personally I think that Denmark should pay up for all the damage done during the Viking raids. LOL
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Does anyone know what country Thinktank is from ?
That country should pay us.

discuss
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

steven lloyd wrote:Does anyone know what country Thinktank is from ?
That country should pay us.

discuss

But Stephen, aren't we already on welfare or cbc employees or paid shills for Trudeau? That country is already paying us :p That is when we're not taking cheques from Phil Milroy.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Merry wrote:Well personally I think that Denmark should pay up for all the damage done during the Viking raids. LOL

So you wouldn't want a warmonger country to clean up their poop, it looks like, by the fact you are LOLing.

WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

After doing a little reading this morning, the magnitude of UXO is staggering. Even here in Canada test ranges are virtual wastelands from tons of UXO. This is a world wide problem not just caused by one nation but our collective propensity to war with one another.

I can't imagine living in Laos where

According to MAG, UXO contamination remains a key cause of poverty and is one of the primary factors limiting the country's long-term development, as it prevents people from using land and denies them access to basic services. Twenty-five percent of the potentially farmable land is not usable due to potential bomb contamination. The toll is not just on the people who have been maimed or killed but also on their families who must struggle to survive and the children who cannot go to school because of poverty resulting from UXO-related injuries. The psychological toll on the people is extreme. Subsistence farmers live in daily fear that they or their children will be injured or killed.

Apparently the US contributes two million annually for cleanup.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Where I grew up, finding unexploded bombs was a regular occurrence and as children we were warned about them all the time. Construction workers would find them on somewhat regular basis. If you venture into the woods, it was possible to find entire tanks rotting away. One time they've lifted an entire combat airplane out of a swamp that was there since 1943, gave proper burial to crew members, and put the plane into a museum.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “World”