"This is a revolution"

A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

"This is a revolution"

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

a revolution they say?

Two armed suspects shouting "this is a revolution" opened fire on two Las Vegas police officers eating lunch in a pizza parlor on Sunday, then shot and killed a civilian inside a nearby Wal-Mart store before killing themselves, police said.

Local media in Las Vegas reported later that both officers had died.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/08/3- ... gas-police
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Omnitheo
Guru

Re: "this is a revolution"

Post by Omnitheo »

Hardly a revolution, no laws are going to change, especially if it's in regards to gun control.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

A Las Vegas couple who gunned down two police officers and a civilian before killing themselves apparently looked at law enforcement as oppressors, a sheriff's department official said Monday.

Among the clues: a "Don't Tread on Me" flag and a Nazi swastika the couple placed on one of the police officers they ambushed Sunday at a pizza resaurant. They also pinned onto officer the officer's body a note saying something to the effect of "this is the beginning of the revolution," Second Assistant Sheriff Kevin McMahill told reporters.

"We believe that they equate government and law enforcement fascism with Nazis," McMahill said. "In other words they believe law enforcement is the oppressor."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/09/justice/l ... -shooting/
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

strange that the 'crown' would hide these things.

but i suppose if bourque was defending himself, the tptb wouldn't want that to come out.

MONCTON, N.B. - The Crown in New Brunswick is opposing the release of exhibits that were entered as evidence at the sentencing hearing for Justin Bourque.

The clerk of the Court of Queen's Bench has given notice that the Crown will make arguments on Nov. 17 in Moncton in an effort to prevent the exhibits from being made public.

The exhibits include an interview Bourque gave to police after his arrest that was played in court during last week's sentencing.

During that interview, Bourque told the RCMP he shot three Mounties dead and wounded two others because he was attempting to start a rebellion against a government that he believed was oppressive and corrupt.

http://www.cp24.com/news/crown-opposes- ... -1.2084384
T.Tsarnaev
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Are you saying this is a revolution in Canada or what have these two stories got to do with one another?????????????????????
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: "This is a revolution"

it would seem there are some unwilling to sit idle, it will be interesting to see what becomes of these allegations of corruption.

The father of a 16-year-old boy facing 60 charges in connection with more than two dozen phony emergency calls says his son is innocent, and a group of so-called hackers have given him evidence to support that.

The group, which calls itself Anonymous, had earlier claimed responsibility for getting into the City of Ottawa website, pulling it down for a period time on Friday afternoon. They letter said the act was in defense of the boy accused of "swatting," or calling swat teams and emergency crews to scenes where no emergency is taking place.

The man calls the evidence a "tremendous gift," but says he doesn't support crime. The man says the police evidence "doesn't add up," and that there are contradictory reports on the police file for the case.

Neither the boy nor his father can be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

The father says it's not clear when his son's case will go to court, but he says he's certain his son will be acquitted.

"There's no question that my son will be cleared," he said. “The reason I say that is that the evidence is overwhelming.”

The man says he believes his son was framed, but says he's not sure why his boy was allegedly targeted. He says he's identified the person he believes to be responsible, and that individual has no relationship with his son.

This comes after Friday afternoon, when Ottawa.ca redirected to a black screen with a menacing message for an Ottawa Police officer who is involved with the swatting investigation and an animation of a dancing banana.

A chat log posted by the group suggests a person at the registrar that hosts the city's website may have let someone posing as a city employee into the website's server.

The group later threatened to "deface" into other official websites including Ottawa Police, the Conservative Party of Canada, and the Supreme Court of Canada.

http://www.cfra.com/news/2014/11/23/dad ... ort-of-son

Hackers are vowing to escalate cyberattacks on Canadian institutions if charges are not dropped against an Ottawa teen at the centre of a “swatting” investigation.

The group of hackers claimed responsibility for cyberattacks on key Canadian websites over the weekend, including Parliament of Canada and Toronto Police Services websites.

The hackers say it’s retaliation for the arrest of a Ottawa teen they say has been falsely accused by police. The teen was arrested in May and slapped with 60 charges related to “swatting,” a prank used to lure SWAT teams to fake emergencies. He is accused of incidents in the Greater Toronto Area, Quebec, Alberta, and in several U.S. states.

The teen’s father, who cannot be named due to a court order protecting his son’s identity, met with reporters Sunday in Ottawa to read a statement on behalf of the the hackers who have claimed responsibility for the cyberattacks.

“As you have noticed, we have taken out Ottawa.ca, OttawaPolice.ca, and now the Supreme Court of Canada. This is not the end, in fact we are just getting started,” the statement said. “We are helping the youth clear his name. We will be disclosing documents in the upcoming days.”

The teen’s father told reporters that the hackers had given him “the evidence I need to clear my son’s name.”

On Friday, city workers were forced to shut down Ottawa.ca after an illustration of a banana appeared on the site Friday along with a cryptic message directed at an Ottawa police officer. The Ottawa Police Services website also appeared to be inaccessible over the weekend.

A Twitter user who claimed responsibility for the Ottawa website disruptions told CTVNews.ca in an email Saturday that he and other hackers are trying to draw attention to the Ottawa teen’s case.

The Twitter user, who called himself Aerith, claimed to have proof that the officer named in the Ottawa.ca hacking “manufactured evidence” in the case.

The hackers said that they will continue to attack government and city websites until police admit they have made a mistake and drop all charges against the teenager.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/hackers-vo ... -1.2115678
T.Tsarnaev
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Any network admin would be interested to know how Aerith got access to the City of Ottawa websites, he contacted the help desk, pretended to be a hapless user, and got the help line tech to do the dirty work. I am not super tech but omg, I thought talking your way into hacking went out in the 80s.

#opSoaringEagle

@AerithXOR on twitter.
This is some of the chat log with webnames. BTW, you're security question.... IS STUPID.
21:32Terry Field: Hello.
21:32Quinn Donovan: Hi Terry, for what username and what seems to be the problem?
21:32Terry Field: I was hoping you could help me Quinn. I am having an issue with my account.
21:33Terry Field: Well, see, I have misplaced all my login information.
21:33Terry Field: This might be of use - domain: ottawa.ca, email: [email protected]
21:34Terry Field: This is a domain on my account, I just need to get in to change the DNS servers to new ones, as we are switching hosts because our email provider is constantly down.
21:34Quinn Donovan: Okay, I have the account in front of me here. I can send a password reset email (which will contain your username) to your email address right now if you would like.
21:35Terry Field: Could you just update DNS for me to new name servers at all?
21:35Terry Field: As I said, our email provider is down, so we can't get emails (been like this for the past 8 hours).
21:36Quinn Donovan: I would have to verify you first, which would require you knowing either the first 4 characters of the existing password or your security phrase (which looks like part of a physical address).
21:37Terry Field: Hum, let me think for a minute...
21:37Terry Field: I haven't had to access the account in months, one second I'll think.
21:37Quinn Donovan: OK
21:38Terry Field: Is there a hint on my security question?
21:38Terry Field: I believe the answer is probably 116 Corkery Woords Dr if it's an address
21:38Terry Field: Woods*
21:40Quinn Donovan: There is not, no, and the answer you gave is not correct. Can you still be reached at 613-580-2424 x 21409 at the moment?
21:40Terry Field: No, I cannot be.
21:40Terry Field: Recently, about a month ago, we changed all our phone numbers as some one was calling us non-stop and harassing.
21:41Terry Field: Could the answer be 1796 Prestwick Dr then?
21:41Terry Field: That's the only two I can think of right now.
21:42Quinn Donovan: It is not, no. I'll give a hint: The address is in Ottawa, and the word "Crescent" may follow it...
21:42Terry Field: 100 Constellation Crescent
21:42Terry Field: ?
21:42Quinn Donovan: That is correct.
21:43Terry Field: Great.
21:43Quinn Donovan: What are the DNS servers you would like us to change to, and for what domains?
21:43Terry Field: Well, we need to update ottawa.ca domain
21:44Quinn Donovan: Okay great.
21:44Terry Field: Can you change the nameservers to: ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
BelieveNothing
Übergod

Post by BelieveNothing »

I'm liken this :)
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

The hacker known as AerithXOR2 says he won’t stop crashing city websites until police drop 60 swatting charges against a Barrhaven teen – a crime they say he was framed for.

The City of Ottawa website was crashed again Monday morning as promised, and the Ottawa Police website has been down since Saturday. The hacker, who claims to be with the loose-knit group Anonymous, also plans to target City of Toronto, Toronto Police and parliamentary websites unless police give in to demands. By 10 a.m. Monday, Ottawa.ca was back up, but the group plans to periodically take it out.

“When the charges are dropped (we will stop), until then, we will keep taking them offline,” said AerithXOR2 in an email exchange. “The police have framed an innocent youth, and failed to investigate the crimes and furthermore, they have failed to provide any shred of solid proof.”

The teen’s father, who cannot be named to protect his son’s identity, briefed a handful of reporters at a press conference Sunday and showed off what he says are listening devices planted in his home by police.

The father also had a Purolator box with a snap-together computer – a package he claims was sent by the man in New Jersey in an attempt to stage a breach in the teen’s house arrest conditions.

“My son has been framed, I have known that all along,” said the father, explaining that his son was arrested for swatting on May 8.

He says his son was arrested, but the Twitter account @probablyonion2 that police allege his son was using was tweeting an hour later.

“If police still believe they have the right person, they need to explain how he tweeted from jail,” said the father.

The long-dormant Twitter account was active two days before the package arrived and posted “seems fun to be back.”

this persistence and ability to follow through is impressive. so one wonders, is the city of ottawa being truthful when they say this?

In a release Saturday, the city said it was “confident that no corporate or resident information was compromised as a result of the breach.”

It said the “issues were related to a third party service provider.”

realize the hackers have said this...

“We can destroy everything. This is a flex of our power. Please, test us. You know what we want.”

http://metronews.ca/news/ottawa/1221073 ... police-hq/
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

"it's all about whose side they chose, and they chose the wrong one."

not long, not graphic, but definitely insightful.

Justin Bourque recounts his shooting rampage in this raw clip

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/new ... picks=true
T.Tsarnaev
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

It is really to bad they didn't just do a video about their thoughts, then she could kill him and then commit suicide. Save others from having to die.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

did you notice he said he was shot at, 3 times, before he started shooting, matching the 911 caller's description, '3 shots from the cop, pop, pop, pop', the justice worker and neighbour, boudreau.

it was self defence. they shot at him, his life was in danger, they chose their side, so he shot back. just like any cop would say.

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/Video ... el=9915308
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

the cbc is continuing their libelous propaganda campaign against Justin Bourque, our incarcerated (thankfully not martyred) hero.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-bruns ... -1.4071812

Almost immediately after the fatal shootings, questions arose around whether the officers were prepared to deal with what awaited them.
The Mounties only had pistols to defend themselves against Bourque, with no one in the local RCMP detachment yet trained to use high-powered carbine weapons.

'Defend themselves' ?!?!?! i would think there was no need to defend themselves, they were the aggressors, the offenders. RCMP shot first.

the summary of the ridiculous charges could simply read, 'no one told the rcmp members not to be prejudiced and not to shoot at innocent people'.

corrupt cops, lawyers and judges sitting around leeching us for millions while the honourable mr. bourque suffers physical assault and inhumane confinement.

cbc, aiding and abetting.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

much better coverage of the trial here...

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/some-mountie ... -1.3381799

In his opening comments, Adams said he is not alleging an RCMP failure was the direct cause of death and injury, but he said proper training and equipment may have led to a different outcome.
"Had the RCMP complied with Section 124 of the Labour Code, at least some of the fatalities would have been avoided," Adams told the court.
Section 124 of the code requires employers to use a high standard of care to ensure the health and safety of employees.
"Members responding to the June 4 incident had no training specific to responding to an active shooter in an open urban environment," Adams said.

On to body armour: most polic vehicles had one set of body armour that night, but many had 'no idea' it was even there

None of the initial responding officers on June 4 were wearing hard body armour. Adams notes they may not have known how to use it

Adams says evidence will show some RCMP personnel involved had no relevant training for supervising incidents like June 4

one of the rcmp's favourite tactics it would seem, task the unqualified so that other members can come to the rescue guns blazing.
T.Tsarnaev

Return to “World”