ISIS declares Islamic state

brounal
Board Meister

Re: ISIS declares Islamic state

Post by brounal »

Wow Lakevixen and Peaceseeker you guys are serious conspiracy theorists. I have great discussions with this other guy I know who insists the US hit the Towers themselves to of course start a False Flag war and of course the US never did actually land on the moon and well it just keeps going on and on.
Now of course the US is not lily white but seriously . Some of the stuff that comes out of your mouths.

I guess next you will twist this into ISIS being somehow a good organization.

You people are so lucky to live over here in Canada. If you have to actually live in some of these countries where people are being slaughtered right and left and all these horrible things are happening bet you would change your tunes pretty quick.
You are lucky you live in a free country. Go live in Russia or China or most of the Arab or African countries ruled by Sharia Law and all the other forms of tyranny with imprisonment without trial, torture ,rape squads, child soldiers..

I don't believe of course everything that comes out the mouths of US politicians but I sure would still rather live in Canada or the US or Britain or most of free Europe or Japan then live in all those other places.

Maybe can actually agree on something here. ISIS deserves to die, every last one of their leaders and followers deserve to die. And die horribly and preferably slowly. And we can maybe also agree the religion has been used to justify the killing of a lot of people thru the centuries . And yes not just the Muslim Religion. Other ones as well. We are terrible us humans. We kill over religion, over political ideology. We kill for territory , for oil ,we kill for women and horses and sometimes I guess just because we like to kill. Truly this world is an insane asylum. If there are other life forms out there and pretty sure there are with billions of stars and galaxies then they likely are just letting us do our thing here on Earth and probably we will blow it all up or kill everyone here off with bio weapons or some other crazy thing. I am ashamed to be a member of the human race a lot of days when I watch the news.
Live is short why cant we all just get along . And if we can't then lets colonize space and get off this little rock. They can fight all the wars they want out there in space.

But seriously some of you conspiracy theorists need to seriously give your head a shake. But I will concede that sometimes things are not what they seem and sure there is always some truth to some of this stuff.
And governments and full disclosure don't always go hand in hand.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

brounal wrote:Wow Lakevixen and Peaceseeker you guys are serious conspiracy theorists. I have great discussions with this other guy I know who insists the US hit the Towers themselves to of course start a False Flag war and of course the US never did actually land on the moon and well it just keeps going on and on.
Now of course the US is not lily white but seriously . Some of the stuff that comes out of your mouths.

I guess next you will twist this into ISIS being somehow a good organization.

You people are so lucky to live over here in Canada. If you have to actually live in some of these countries where people are being slaughtered right and left and all these horrible things are happening bet you would change your tunes pretty quick.
You are lucky you live in a free country. Go live in Russia or China or most of the Arab or African countries ruled by Sharia Law and all the other forms of tyranny with imprisonment without trial, torture ,rape squads, child soldiers..

I don't believe of course everything that comes out the mouths of US politicians but I sure would still rather live in Canada or the US or Britain or most of free Europe or Japan then live in all those other places.

Maybe can actually agree on something here. ISIS deserves to die, every last one of their leaders and followers deserve to die. And die horribly and preferably slowly. And we can maybe also agree the religion has been used to justify the killing of a lot of people thru the centuries . And yes not just the Muslim Religion. Other ones as well. We are terrible us humans. We kill over religion, over political ideology. We kill for territory , for oil ,we kill for women and horses and sometimes I guess just because we like to kill. Truly this world is an insane asylum. If there are other life forms out there and pretty sure there are with billions of stars and galaxies then they likely are just letting us do our thing here on Earth and probably we will blow it all up or kill everyone here off with bio weapons or some other crazy thing. I am ashamed to be a member of the human race a lot of days when I watch the news.
Live is short why cant we all just get along . And if we can't then lets colonize space and get off this little rock. They can fight all the wars they want out there in space.

But seriously some of you conspiracy theorists need to seriously give your head a shake. But I will concede that sometimes things are not what they seem and sure there is always some truth to some of this stuff.
And governments and full disclosure don't always go hand in hand.

I see a lot of "skeptics" or conspiracy theorists standing on their soap box and announcing that the US/Canada/etc is turning into a police or military state, taking away your rights and freedoms, and will turn you into a robot slave. Yet I also see these people working and doing what everyone else does, and continue to live in that country. If you truly believe your government is out to get you and turn into a police state, you'd leave. End of story.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

I see a lot of "skeptics" or conspiracy theorists standing on their soap box and announcing that the US/Canada/etc is turning into a police or military state, taking away your rights and freedoms, and will turn you into a robot slave. Yet I also see these people working and doing what everyone else does, and continue to live in that country. If you truly believe your government is out to get you and turn into a police state, you'd leave. End of story.

well lets go through some this point by point first explain to me what operation north-woods was about,

do you deny bin laden was a cia asset?

were any the rebels in Syria given money or weapons from the states ?

does Saudi Arabia behead people and on that note does the states do business with Saudi Arabia?

now weather isil are made up of american operatives or really are crazy arabs who knows but it is not out the realm of possibility that they are not who we are being told they are .
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Iraq’s Ambassador to the Holy See is warning that Pope Francis could be targeted by ISIS militants ahead of the pontiff’s first visit to Albania this weekend.

The Vatican is not beefing up security to protect Francis during his upcoming trip to the majority Muslim country on Sunday, despite warnings from Habeeb Al Sadr, who said there are credible threats against the pope’s life, according to an Italian newspaper cited in The Telegraph.

The Rev. Federico Lombardi, a Vatican spokesman, said Monday that Francis would use the same open-topped vehicle he uses in St. Peter's Square when he greets crowds in the poor Balkan nation. Vatican security officials are "calm" ahead of the 11-hour visit, he said.

Lombardi said that while there is general concern about the Islamic State threat, "there are no specific threats or risks that would change the pope's behavior or the way the trip is organized."

But Al Sadr says the pope has made himself a target by speaking out against ISIS and the atrocities suffered by Christians in Iraq and Syria.

"What has been declared by the self-declared Islamic State is clear – they want to kill the pope. The threats against the pope are credible," he told La Nazione on Tuesday, according to The Telegraph. "I believe they could try to kill him during one of his overseas trips or even in Rome. There are members of ISIL who are not Arabs but Canadian, American, French, British, also Italians.

Francis has said he wanted to visit Albania to highlight the rebirth of Christianity that was brutally wiped out during communist rule, and to showcase how Catholics, Orthodox Christians and Muslims are working together now to govern the country.

Italian news reports, citing unnamed sources, have said Albanian law enforcement had flagged to Interpol concerns that Muslim militants who trained in Iraq and Syria had returned and might pose a threat to Francis.

Francis' decision to visit tiny Albania before any major European capital is in keeping with his desire for the church to go to the "periphery." It also confirms his desire to encourage once-persecuted Christian communities.

Like other religions, Catholicism suffered gravely under Stalinist dictator Enver Hoxha, who declared Albania the world's first atheist state in 1967. Many Catholics were killed, tortured, imprisoned or sent to labor camps. The ban on religions ended in the early 1990s and St. John Paul II visited in 1993.

During his brief visit, Francis will address Albanian authorities and an interreligious gathering, celebrate Mass in a square named for Albania's most famous Catholic — Mother Teresa — and greet children cared for by charitable groups.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

So the US blew up Iraq, secured all the oil wells and then ISIS popped up.

Am I missing anything so far?
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Atomoa wrote:So the US blew up Iraq, secured all the oil wells and then ISIS popped up.

isis was funded indirect by the us to help over throw the murderous leader of syria, then when the leader then of iraq, who was also backed by the us started being bad towards sunni there, isis started doing what they doing now, its all big game that we not privy on , the movers and shakers do not care what we think .
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Atomoa wrote:So the US blew up Iraq, secured all the oil wells and then ISIS popped up.

Isis came from Syria, and leftists on Castanet and elsewhere were actually demanding that we fund them so they could take out the Syrian government.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Isis came from Syria, and leftists on Castanet and elsewhere were actually demanding that we fund them so they could take out the Syrian government.
flat out lie , try the american cia and military complex wanting them funded , so they didnt have to get dirty hands, well we see how that worked out yet again. whats even more funny is the righties wanting to now fund the butcher in syria , that should work out fine to :)
Last edited by maryjane48 on Sep 18th, 2014, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Glacier wrote:Isis came from Syria, and leftists on Castanet and elsewhere were actually demanding that we fund them so they could take out the Syrian government.

The Islamic State, also widely known as ISIS, ISIL and Daʿesh, originated as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in 1999. This group was the forerunner of Tanzim Qaidat al-Jihad fi Bilad al-Rafidayn—commonly known as al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI)—a group formed by Abu Musab Al Zarqawi in 2004 which took part in the Iraqi insurgency against American-led forces and their Iraqi allies following the 2003 invasion of Iraq. During the 2003–2011 Iraq War, it joined other Sunni insurgent groups to form the Mujahideen Shura Council, which consolidated further into the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) (/ˈaɪsɪ/) shortly afterwards.

As ISIS, the group grew significantly under the leadership of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, gaining support in Iraq as a result of alleged economic and political discrimination against Iraqi Sunnis. Then, after entering the Syrian Civil War, it established a large presence in the Syrian governorates of Ar-Raqqah, Idlib, Deir ez-Zor and Aleppo.

I'm just reading the most commonly available literature on the orgin of ISIS.

Leftist? It's not a partisan opinion that the US seems to specialize in creating their long term worst enemies for short term gain. They are rooted in Al-Qaeda, which is a US child. Grew in the medium or a ruined Iraq, another US baby.

All this religious stuff is distraction. "They hate us", "Islam", ect. All extreme forms of religion are bat-poop crazy, but they all need a medium in which to grow and fuel for the fire. 200,000+ civilian dead in Iraq means alot of fatherless kids. Unjust wars and attacks. Blame "religion" all you want but that's like looking at a house and only seeing the paint on the walls.
Last edited by Atomoa on Sep 18th, 2014, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Buckminster Fuller
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I only used the term leftist to give you a ribbing. You are right that it's a non-partitsan issue; the only comments I can find in favour of taking action against the Syrian government came from middle of the road posters. The vast majority of people from all over the political sphere were against military involvement from the beginning.
- Douglas Murray
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Well the ISIS thing I am new too, other than seeing the videos all over the internet for the past 6 months. They are serious business.

- Buckminster Fuller
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

lakevixen wrote:well lets go through some this point by point first explain to me what operation north-woods was about,

I've seen a few documentaries on Operation Northwoods. Essentially, it was a document developed by members of the US government to propose the use of false-flag attacks on US targets in order to justify military intervention with communist Cuba. That much is actually true. What is also true is that the President at the time, Kennedy, rejected the proposals and no known false-flag attacks were ever conducted. I know that I've seen faux "documentaries" arguing that it resulted differently, but there is no evidence to support any of that.

lakevixen wrote:do you deny bin laden was a cia asset?

The CIA funded and provided weapons and training to a lot of people during the Cold War, to combat the expansion of communism worldwide without risking direct war with the Soviet Union. As it were, the Soviets did the exact same thing - out of this, came "proxy wars" which were small wars fought between two major powers, smaller in scale, indirectly.

Bin Laden was one of many who were trained, equipped, and funded by the CIA to combat the Soviet Union when they invaded Afghanistan. He absolutely was, indirectly, an asset during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, but beyond that, is purely speculative imagination.

lakevixen wrote: were any the rebels in Syria given money or weapons from the states ?

Absolutely, many rebes in Syria were given assets from the US and many other nations worldwide. Again, they were funded to prevent the international community to have to intervene in a civil war against a leader who fell into ill favour with his own citizens.

lakevixen wrote: does Saudi Arabia behead people and on that note does the states do business with Saudi Arabia?

Yes. Does Canada conduct business with Russia, who just fostered civil war and invaded Ukraine? Better yet, does Ukraine still have an on-and-off trade relationship with Russia, who invaded Crimea and may be instilling a civil war throughout the country? Yes.

Does Israel have a ceasefire with a region of people who have faith and are dedicated with your complete destruction (Palestine)? Yes.

Point being, different nations have different cultural and political situations that can be overlooked to enable trade and relationships with other nations that don't do that. You can't single out the US and Saudi Arabia and pretend nobody else does it.

lakevixen wrote:now weather isil are made up of american operatives or really are crazy arabs who knows but it is not out the realm of possibility that they are not who we are being told they are .

There is currently no evidence whatsoever that ISIL are US operatives. They are likely part of the "rebels" in Syria - you have to remember, while they were funded, the "rebes" is not one group of people. It's a ton of small sects and groups of people that oppose the government. It's very likely that one of those groups that were "the rebels" were some of ISIL.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
peaceseeker
Lord of the Board

Post by peaceseeker »

World Buzzing in Aftermath of ISIS Psyop

Scripted engineered consent for expanded war raises worldwide suspicion.

Bernie Suarez
Activist Post
Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Read more at http://www.activistpost.com/2014/09/wor ... IE0wlSY.99
"I think our society is run by insane people for insane objectives...I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends...but I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
~ John Lennon
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

How ISIS’ horrific reign of terror is rooted in the political culture of Iraq and Syria
By The Telegraph October 5, 2014

Analysis

The beheading of Alan Henning was not the first by the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham, nor will it be the last. But by ignoring pleas for mercy from across the Muslim world, the group set any doubt to rest as to the nature of its need for video horror violence.

That violence is in part religious – a public insistence that its own ultra-aggressive interpretation of Islam is more “authentic” than the versions of Muslim politicians, scholars and ordinary people who want to live peacefully and get on with the modern world.

It demands recognition that Islam can be spread by the sword in the 21st century, just as much as it was in the 7th.
The violence is also rooted in the political culture of Iraq and Syria, the countries from which ISIS has sprung. The extremes to which ISIS’ “Caliph,” Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, and his predecessors have gone with Westerners has brought this culture to an international public, but they merely reflect what these countries’ leaders – and to some extent their colonial predecessors – have been doing for decades.

Most importantly and specifically, the violence reflects a need to show a continuous momentum. Success, however horrific, breeds success; if you depend on apparently psychopathic behaviour to press your advance, you need to recruit more psychopaths and to show it works.

A United Nations report last week showed the importance of this sense of momentum. The headlines were full of the admirable words of human rights reportage: it talked of “gross abuses of human rights that have been perpetrated by ISIS and associated armed groups, with an apparent systematic and widespread character.”

What that doesn’t capture is the constant movement and repetition of ISIS’ actions, the reiteration of its overwhelming purpose. The greater the violence, the more the idea that this is a zero-sum game, a question put to Sunni Muslims of whether they want to be winners or losers, is rubbed home.

In June, The Sunday Telegraph reported how an ISIS killing party in a pickup truck swept through Turkmen Shia villages in northern Iraq, killing scores of people at random – old men gunned down outside their homes, women shot dead as they fled. Any sign of trying to hide was punished.

That is, now, the well-recognized modus operandi of the group, showing their followers that they have the strength and ruthlessness to lead.

But as with everything ISIS does, there was a twist.

Six weeks after The Sunday Telegraph interviewed survivors in a half-built mosque in a town nearby, where they had taken refuge, ISIS came back. The jihadists set off a car bomb near the site, killing 12 of those inside, including Abdulwahid Reza Kahir, the patriarch of one of the families.

Already mourning his son, cousins and nephews, there was no precise military or political purpose to his death, other than to show that, for jihadists, anything is possible. There will be no end to the harrying of the enemy, an idea that is writ through the history of conquest.

It is easy to say that the national psychosis which gave rise to ISIS was triggered by the American and British invasion of 2003. There is of course some truth in that: Al-Baghdadi’s inspiration is the Islamic State’s founder, Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, who also ordered the filming of decapitations of Western hostages, taking off the head of Nicholas Berg, an American, himself.

Zarwawi was already a local Al-Qaeda leader, but his particular brand of film savagery, mostly inflicted on Iraqi Shia, flourished in the lawlessness and increasing sectarianism of the country in the wake of the invasion.

The defeat of Saddam Hussein also fed into the widespread Middle Eastern perception that Sunni Islam is under particular threat in the Arab world, is suffering an equivalent of what the Chinese call “a century of humiliation”: colonial rule, the existence of the state of Israel and its repeated defeat of its (Sunni) Palestinian enemies, the economic catastrophes represented by Egypt and Yemen.

There is a primal appeal in seeing your foe kneel before you and die for those with ethnic or sectarian inferiority complexes.
However, the idea that politics is not just occasionally violent, but requires of its essence demonstrative violence, long predates 2003.

The modern Iraqi state is founded upon it. When the royal family, imposed by the British Empire in its dying days, was overthrown by a coup in 1958, the prime minister was not only shot dead with the king, his corpse was dragged through the streets, publicly hanged and then burned.

The fate of Abdul Karim Qasem, the coup leader, when overthrown five years later, is even more reminiscent of ISIS’ approach to the media. He was shot on live television and the state network’s camera rested on his bloodied corpse for the rest of the day, army officers occasionally intruding to insert a knife to prove his death for the viewer.

The lawlessness, in other words, is not just a product of the absence of a state, but written into the state. In next door Syria, ordinary people routinely tell stories of similarly pointless horrors, that served some political purpose while having little apparent rationality, from long before the civil war.

One Christian friend describes watching when a child her nine-year-old playmate next door being executed after the Muslim Brotherhood uprising in 1982.

In war, everything escalates. The same regime that carried out these “small” local crimes then began mutilating corpses of teenagers who opposed it. In 2011, one 13-year-old was sent home without his penis. From then on, anything was possible, impunity was written into the code of conduct. Impunity’s apotheosis was the attack by a regime militia on the town of Baniyas, where among the 400 victims, many of them children with their throats cut, was a pregnant woman whose body was mutilated so her unborn child could be killed too.

Like ISIS, the militia’s leader boasted for the camera of what he was about to do. These victims were Sunni. The need to see your enemy kneel and die in a pool of blood is common to both religious sides.

Can the West do anything to stop this? It should only try with humility. It is all too easy to find pictures of Western soldiers – French, Italian, even British – posing for pictures with the heads of their colonial victims in the all-too-recent past. There is no start point to the cycle of violence.

We do, however, have the experience of putting back together what is psychologically broken, as Syria and Iraq undoubtedly are. Whether that can be done from the air, or even in the halls of the United Nations, is another matter.

http://www.theprovince.com/life/ISIS+ho ... story.html
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Is there a history of putting back together countries whose basic beliefs are totally different than ours or are we thinking of countries with similar basic beliefs. Do any of these countries want to be put back together the way WE think they should be? It sounds right to us but does it to them?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.

Return to “World”