Too Many, Too Fast: Border Children Swamping Agents

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Too Many, Too Fast: Border Children Swamping Agents

Post by averagejoe »

I think the American people need to open their wallets and homes to help place these poor border children. Almost 150,000 parent-less border children in just 4 years need America's help! 48,000 so far this year.

The crush of young children crowding U.S. Border Patrol stations are coming in numbers too large for agents to get them processed and move them on within the required 72 hours.

The White House acknowledged Monday that some children are not being processed within that time as required by law, which is driving their opening of a third facility at Fort Sill Army post in Lawton, Okla.

“At the moment we are not succeeding in getting every child transferred within 72 hours. Our goal is to do it at least that quickly if not more quickly, which is why we are putting these large facilities online as quickly as possible,” an administration official who the White House would not allow to be named said in a conference call with reporters.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/too- ... ts-n126751

http://news.msn.com/us/state-sends-supp ... grant-kids
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: Too Many, Too Fast: Border Children Swamping Agents

Post by averagejoe »

U.S. Congressman Blocked From Entering Child Immigrant Facility

An Oklahoma Congressman who visited an Army base being used to house illegal immigrant children now wonders what the federal government is hiding after he was denied access to the facility.

“There is no excuse for denying a Federal Representative from Oklahoma access to a federal facility in Oklahoma where unaccompanied children are being held,” Rep. Jim Bridenstine said in a statement following his visit Tuesday to Ft. Sill Army base near Lawton.

The Department of Health and Human Services has set up housing at Ft. Sill and two other military bases – Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio and Ventura County Naval Base in Oxnard, Cali. – to house thousands of unaccompanied alien children, or UACs, who were apprehended at the southern U.S. border.

Bridenstine went to Ft. Sill to observe the conditions under which the 1,200 UACs there are living and to find out to whom they would be released.

But when he showed up at the facility, Bridenstine says he was told by a guard with a security unit which calls itself the “Brown Shirts” that he could not observe the children or their living conditions.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/02/u-s-c ... z36L29H4dh
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Are you opening your wallet? How much money are you willing to send?
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Maybe the countries these kids are coming from should have to pony up the money.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I agree Bsuds. Every taxpayer in the United States is already paying for everything that is being done by the government through their taxes. How much are they supposed to pay. I don't believe the Americans are perfect, far from it, but they do attend almost every disaster in the world and usually put out a lot. How many realize that the hospital ships they send are some of the largest hospitals in the USA and probably larger than anything we have in Canada. The US already puts out billions to help people around the world. How much can we expect their taxpayers to pony up when they are having problems of their own at home.

These children are a disaster, but it is not the fault of the USA and I don't believe their job to cure it.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

This is not the US's problem. It is being made their problem and they are dealing with it as best they can.

They are spending money they don't have in order to try and maintain some semblance of order.

I'm not sure what more they could do. The Mexican Government isn't going to be a great deal of help.

Neither are the Governments of Ecuador, Chile, Venezuela or Brazil where these kids also come from trying to escape their shitey lives.

There may not be an answer here. At least not one that would be palatable to most.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Smurf wrote:Are you opening your wallet? How much money are you willing to send?

I think every American should help these children, It's their responsibility. These are going to be Americans soon! Americans should open their houses for these 150,00 border children till the crisis is over. I would help if I was an American, even drive down to the border to help.

binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

A harsh reality, one hour audio. A must listen to!! For anyone wanting to know the real truth. This is mind boggling.

http://vimeo.com/100280872
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Averagejoe wrote:

I think every American should help these children, It's their responsibility. These are going to be Americans soon! Americans should open their houses for these 150,00 border children till the crisis is over. I would help if I was an American, even drive down to the border to help.

Who do you think is paying the millions it is costing now to look after these children till they are sent home if it's not every tax paying citizen in the US.

If they accept these children and just support them one way or the other do you think the crisis will ever end. The flood would never stop from south of the border.

Do you actually believe it is their responsibility to take in anyone that can get to their border. What do you think about the US taking them all right up through the States and sneaking them across our border and we can look after them. That would solve their crisis. How many would you like to adopt.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Smurf wrote: Who do you think is paying the millions it is costing now to look after these children till they are sent home if it's not every tax paying citizen in the US.

If they accept these children and just support them one way or the other do you think the crisis will ever end. The flood would never stop from south of the border.

Do you actually believe it is their responsibility to take in anyone that can get to their border. What do you think about the US taking them all right up through the States and sneaking them across our border and we can look after them. That would solve their crisis. How many would you like to adopt.

Well it's not costing millions...it's like over 3 Billion that the U.S. Government wants to borrow for this wave on humanity. It's only money, who cares what the cost is? These children are looking for a new life and what better than to go to the U.S.A.! Land of opportunity and generosity? There are many couples that want to adopt and what better way for them? There are lots of childless couples and with the new laws liberalized allowing same sex couples to adopt, this is an excellent opportunity to help diversify America even more than what it is.

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Completely disagree, but to each his own.

If they want to come they can do it in the proper way.

If someone wants to adopt them, they can follow the proper channels.

You never did answer about the US sending them all on to Canada and how many you would want to adopt and/or support. Or do you not feel we could show them opportunity, generosity and at the same time help us to diversify.

Again I say it should all be done according to the proper rules and not by breaking laws.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Smurf wrote:Completely disagree, but to each his own.

If they want to come they can do it in the proper way.

If someone wants to adopt them, they can follow the proper channels.

You never did answer about the US sending them all on to Canada and how many you would want to adopt and/or support. Or do you not feel we could show them opportunity, generosity and at the same time help us to diversify.

Again I say it should all be done according to the proper rules and not by breaking laws.

I respect your reasoning. But how can 150,000 children come in legally? They have no parents and probably no documentation?
The U.S. is the richest country in the world, they can absorb many, many more refugees. Isn't wonderful that they are so welcomed with open arms. American towns and cities are dying. Why not open them up to the world!

binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

http://vimeo.com/100280872

If anyone wants all their questions answered I again encourage you to listen to this audio, but should listen to it in it's entirety.
It's very informative and will tell you why and when this all started. It will answer ALL your questions. I promise you, you will Not be disappointed, just disgusted. But informed and educated on this topic.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Pope Francis Scores US for ‘Racist’ and ‘Xenophobic’ Approach to Illegal Aliens.

The head of state of the most closed country in the world is lecturing the US about open borders.

Pope Francis jumped into the US border crisis saying the illegal alien children flooding across our borders should be “welcomed and protected.”

Read carefully what Francis is saying. The Argentine Pontiff is blaming the US for a situation that it didn’t create while smearing the American people who want the exact same thing that the city state of Vatican City enjoys; control over its borders.

Washington Post:

“Many people forced to emigrate suffer, and often, die tragically,” the pope said in a message sent to a global conference in Mexico.

“Many of their rights are violated, they are obliged to separate from their families and, unfortunately, continue to be the subject of racist and xenophobic attitudes.”

The Argentine pontiff said a different approach is needed to tackling what he called a “humanitarian emergency” as growing numbers of unaccompanied children are migrating to the U.S. from Central America and Mexico.

“I would also like to draw attention to the tens of thousands of children who migrate alone, unaccompanied, to escape poverty and violence,” the pope said.

“They are increasing day by day. This humanitarian emergency requires, as a first urgent measure, these children be welcomed and protected.”

binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

. The Argentine Pontiff is blaming the US for a situation that it didn’t create

The USA did create it, I can't stress enough the importance of the info in the link I posted in this thread twice.
Most won't have the interest or time to sit and listen to a one hour audio, but that is where you will find the facts, and I am sure all would agree if they were to listen to it. It truly is fascinating, and most of all educational. Will tell you what is really going on. I don't blame the American people, but rather the government. You just might be shocked by what you hear, it will be a reality check to many. But must be listened to in its entirety.

Return to “World”