"Chinese Hackers"

Atomoa
Guru

"Chinese Hackers"

Post by Atomoa »

Theory : The people of North America are unaware of a "cold war" between N.A. and China because they are being kept in
the dark as much as possible about it. Business depends on the Chinese labour force and the Chinese know this. The US and China are enemies militarily and for energy/real estate but yet economic bed buddies. Same with Canada. Business (1% of the population) needs China, but the civilian populations of Canada/US would not assimilate to Chinese rule or morals.

In the media, you will always hear/read the phrase "Chinese hackers" and it is reported to reporters by government officials that "there is no way of knowing if it was private groups, attacks routed through China or the Chinese government itself".

As most are aware the Chinese government controls most business in China and what "Chinese interests" are. These attacks against North America are/were directed at huge energy and technology firms and government databases.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/nortel- ... -1.1260591
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/ ... 9D20140710
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/foreign ... t-1.982618
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-s-austra ... -1.1313353
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/new-york-t ... -1.1363774
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/csis-wa ... -1.1249002
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/new-chi ... -1.2670576

With this new attack against the US (federal employee database), the Chinese government is "attacking" and working "against" the population of North America.

Meanwhile, "business interests" which represent a mere fraction of the general population depend on China to keep their riches and economic machines running. The government is owned by these business interests and thus put in a difficult position. They have to keep their Masters happy by dealing with the enemy, while keeping the general population mostly unaware of the trouble brewing against their safety and interests.

Known fact : Our Canadian security interests were sidelined to deal with China, multiple times, while ignoring the public warning given by the people with pay with taxdollars to protect us (CSIS). You paid their CSIS salaries so the current Canadian government could ignore their advise.

It's always reported as "Chinese Hackers". Who do people think those hackers are?

Let's switch roles. Headlines since 2001 : Middle Eastern hackers routinely breaking into government databases and large energy/technology firms? But yet no connection that they have harmful intentions or that they are in anyways connected to terrorist groups, and reporting the "valid" response by said terrorist groups completely denying harmful intent or involvement.

Investigations? Follow ups? Arrests? Trials? Convictions? Nope.

Great example of propaganda, business interests influence on government and media control.

A good case that the Chinese hacked into and sunk Nortel Networks - so let's build a pipeline and hook them up directly to Alberta.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Atomoa
Guru

Re: "Chinese Hackers"

Post by Atomoa »

Right here in BC!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.2705169

A Chinese businessman and permanent resident of Canada allegedly hacked into the computer systems of U.S. companies with large defence contracts, including Boeing, to steal data on military projects, including some of its latest fighter jets.

Prosecutors allege he worked with two unnamed Chinese hackers to get the data between 2009 and 2013, and that he attempted to sell some of the information to state-owned Chinese companies.

Seem's like the Chinese government needed a patsy on the ground in this case. Disposable and cut all ties. Deny everything - Government of China.

Meanwhile...another trade mission to China. Can't have any of this effecting business.

Accusations of hacking by China and counterclaims of such activity by the U.S. government have strained U.S.-Chinese relations. Chinese hacking has been a major theme of U.S.-China discussions this week in Beijing, though both sides have publicly steered clear of the controversy.

- Buckminster Fuller
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/chine ... -1.2872385

Chinese hackers used tempting emails, malware and password theft to worm their way into National Research Council computers in pursuit of valuable scientific and trade secrets, a newly released federal analysis reveals.

The attack, which prompted a shutdown of the government research council's computer network in July, relied on textbook moves commonly seen in state-sponsored digital assaults, says the case study by the Canadian Cyber Incident Response Centre.

Why are we still trying to be best business buddies with these guys?

- no accountability
- no follow up
- news is released months after it happens
- "concrete" statements are never made. "It could be state sanctioned" and other phrases.

Canada does not have the same intelligence capability that the Chinese do. It's not as though we are hacking them at the same level. We beg at their door for scraps of their economy. Rewrite our environmental laws to try and get their business.

- Buckminster Fuller
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

BC's entire government email service was shut down thanks to "hackers".

http://globalnews.ca/news/1734747/compu ... ent-email/

Guess the group that is most likely responsible?

North Korea? North Korea is hacking Sony. China hacks Canadian government computers via email phishing links - just like the last article I posted spoke about.

Now why would China want into our government files? It's not like our government is begging to do business with them or anything. I'm sure if a Islamic state shut down our government email system, we'd send Christy Clark over there on taxpayer funded trade missions.

- Buckminster Fuller
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

My son works for a tech company very involved with this. The hacking is constant and unbelievably frequent, multi hits a second.
They have traced it back a number of times and all of it came from China. From who is the question, but it never stops.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

Considering "the state" controls everything in China...

Thanks for posting Smurf. Very interesting.

- Buckminster Fuller
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

North Korea? North Korea is hacking Sony.

I can't say I know who hacked Sony, but I can throw out a small tidbit on how this hits home...

Yesterday, I (and I'm sure hundreds of other British Columbians) received notice that my/our personal information may have been compromised in the Sony hacks. I've been offered the services of corporation that looks after these kinds of things, but in the end, I probably won't be doing much about it.

(I figure the dumb *bleep* that steals my identity deserves what's coming to him.)

PS: If anyone is concerned there is a list of potentially compromised productions in BC floating around out there. I'm not sure if it can be searched, but if you belong to a union or guild - they'll be able to bring you up to speed, or alternatively, I would suggest, contact BCCFU.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Drip_Torch wrote:

Yesterday, I (and I'm sure hundreds of other British Columbians) received notice that my/our personal information may have been compromised in the Sony hacks. I've been offered the services of corporation that looks after these kinds of things, but in the end, I probably won't be doing much about it.

Make sure that's not a scam to get your info!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

Bsuds wrote:Make sure that's not a scam to get your info!

Good point... and thanks, but it's legitimate. I'm in good shape, because I was never in an employee relationship with SPE, so... all they may have got is my corporate identification/information, a residency statement, confidentiality agreement and conflict statement... beyond that some quotes, memos and invoices... no big deal. It's the "employees" and "local hires" that I suspect are most exposed, because potentially personal information and identification would be on file.

To their credit, sony, appears to right on top of this and has engaged a very reputable firm to mitigate the risks.
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Check out the live map of DDoS attacks against web properties around the world including the origin of attacks.

Fascinating to watch!

http://map.ipviking.com/
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

wow, thanks for that, interesting for sure
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

It looks like Xbox and Playstation networks are down thanks to DDoS attacks - Christmas Day and boxing day.

North Korea is laughing : "Now all the kids can watch The Interview instead of playing with their presents!"

Pick a fight with a Bull, get the horns.

I thought it was so cheesy that people were upset that North Korea hacked Sony. The US government hacked emails and phones and people were more upset about not being about to spend 25 dollars to see a Seth Rogan comdey - making "freedom of speech" memes endlessly while protesting North Korea. Meanwhile they all buy made in China stuff while China is trying to rot the country from the inside out, electronically speaking.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “World”