Israel invades Gaza

Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Israel invades Gaza

Post by Thinktank »

Israel Launches Ground Invasion of Gaza

While the mainstream media busily speculates on just which Russians (because they are sure it’s not the Ukrainians) shot the jet out of the sky, Al Jazeera, via Bloomberg, reports that Israel has decided not to let a crisis go to waste and invade Gaza:

The invasion follows what the Israeli military touted as a “blistering artillery barrage” against the strip in the moments after the ceasefire, killing many more civilians, including at least seven children.

Since the start of the Israeli airstrikes at least 240 Palestinians have been killed, and another 1,770 wounded, many of them severely so. Roughly 80 percent of the slain are civilians.

http://news.antiwar.com/2014/07/17/isra ... 40-killed/
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Israel invades Gaza

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote: While the mainstream media busily speculates on just which Russians (because they are sure it’s not the Ukrainians) shot the jet out of the sky, Al Jazeera, via Bloomberg, reports that Israel has decided not to let a crisis go to waste and invade Gaza:

Actually, Hamas signaled the end of today's five hour ceasefire by resuming the firing of rockets into Israel. At that point Israel decided it had to enter Gaza to finally stop the rocket attacks - after warning residents for more than two days to leave (which Hamas militants were stopping them from doing) and also allowing them the opportunity to supply themselves with food and medical supplies. I know those facts don't quite fit your skewed understanding, but whatever? I know how you like to "think".
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

tually, Hamas signaled the end of today's five hour ceasefire by resuming the firing of rockets into Israel. At that point Israel decided it had to enter Gaza to finally stop the rocket attacks - after warning residents for more than two days to leave (which Hamas militants were stopping them from doing) and also allowing them the opportunity to supply themselves with food and medical supplies. I know those facts don't quite fit your skewed understanding, but whatever? I know how you like to "think"Ac

i see it as we in north america use off to keep bugs away, we do not invade a neighbour hood. can hamas rockets kill a person? yea you bet , anything with mass has potential to kill. are they going to kill hundreds of people? no , facts prove, they cant and will not kill hundreds of people. if the idf cannot surgically remove the bad guys then their claim of being the best trained army in the world , is a bit of stretch then. but everyone knows this isn't about getting the bad guys , its about punishment , because , lest we forget it says in old testament eye for and eye and all that fun stuff
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Actually, if I’m sitting in my lawn chair with a lemonade and minding my own business and you start throwing little rocks in my direction I’m going to ask you to stop. Now maybe you can’t hit the broad side of a barn but one day you might get lucky so I’m still going to ask you to stop. When you then decide to continue I’m going to show you my bat and warn you that if you don’t stop I’m gonna come over there and bean you. And when I finally come over because you won’t stop throwing your rocks you can cry “Oh the outrage” all you want because I’ve had enough and you won’t be throwing any more rocks my way. Fun stuff.

lakevixen wrote: . are they going to kill hundreds of people? no , facts prove, they cant and will not kill hundreds of people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pa ... de_attacks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pa ... 2C_by_year

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinia ... _on_Israel

804 fatalities – and that’s just from the suicide bombers. And while not as deadly yet due to their lack of accuracy and Israeli defense, rockets have also already inflicted casualties and are still intended to cause death and destruction. Not as many casualties as inflicted by the Israeli military I agree, but the Israeli government has shown incredible restraint with the use of its military in terms of what it could have done. Perhaps if Hamas just stopped sending suicide bombers, firing rockets and now making threats of having weaponized drone capability - never mind their proclamation that Israel must cease to exist. Hmmm.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Four out of every five Palestinians killed during Israel's ongoing military offensive in Gaza have been civilians, including dozens of women and children, the United Nations said on Monday.
The statistic was disclosed by the UN Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) amid mounting international concern over non-combatant casualties during an operation Israeli officials have said is aimed solely at rooting out militants and stopping rockets being fired into Israel.

I think the situation in Gaza is disgusting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... lians.html

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Thinktank wrote:I think the situation in Gaza is disgusting.

I think any violent conflict is disgusting. Welcome to the human race.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

What I find fascinating, is how the Christians in Canada and USA
will always favor Israel - no matter what.

So when Netanyahu says this:

the main thing is to hit them (Arabas) not just one blow, but blows that are so painful that the price will be too heavy to be borne......to bring to the point of being afraid that everything is collapsing.

As a Christian I learned Israel is almost magical, according to God . But what Netanyahu says seems
a bit on the filthy side.

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote:Four out of every five Palestinians killed during Israel's ongoing military offensive in Gaza have been civilians, including dozens of women and children, the United Nations said on Monday.

Yes, very sad - but sadly predictable when the terrorists use their own people to hide behind. Disgusting cowards.

Thinktank wrote:I think the situation in Gaza is disgusting.

You are absolutely right (for once). The Palestinians need to overthrow and oust the Hamas regime and install a government willing to engage in peace talks with Israel (which Israel has been trying to do for years, as I’m sure you already know).
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

the main thing is to hit them (Arabs) not just one blow, but blows that are so painful that the price will be too heavy to be borne......to bring to the point of being afraid that everything is collapsing.

interesting plan.

steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote: interesting plan.

Yes, it is sad Israel has been pushed to this but somehow this carnage and destruction and loss of innocent life has to come to an end. Israel wants peace but Hamas will not accept anything less than the non-existence of Israel. How do you negotiate that? Trying to incite and go to war with Israel is obviously madness – so what does that make the leaders of Hamas who hide like cowards behind the bodies of their brainwashed soldiers (who die in the name of Allah) and the innocent civilians they use as shields? Hamas has no interest in peace but the Palestinians have a choice and they need to make it. It is indeed unfortunate they continue to allow Hamas to wantonly use them for propaganda purpose and to put their lives to waste.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Wow, a female version of Ezra Levant. Cool.

The “reporter” ridicules claims of Israel targeting Hamas targets and states “Hamas is the democratically elected government”. So? I guess what she is then, in fact, saying is that the civilian population also bears responsibility for the terrorist attacks on Israel and are not so innocent. She describes Gaza as “an open air prison”. Well, I wonder how that came about? Those who think Israel should just decide to not defend herself or take any retaliatory action really have a skewed view of things. Further, to think Israel has a choice of some other, less extreme course of action that has repeatedly been proven woefully infective by the continued attacks by Hamas that include rockets, suicide bombers and now threats of weaponized drones. Yes, Gaza is heavily populated and there will be collateral casualties as long as the population supports Hamas and Hamas continues to provoke Israel to the point that they force a military response. Do the Hamas supporters here really expect Israel to concede their right to exist as a nation? Hamas will accept no less and has said so repeatedly. Do the Hamas supporters here view that as a realistic and reasonable option? Maybe Hamas should honour cease fires and agree to peace talks. There's an idea.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

maybe y'all might find this interesting...

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-ho ... you-to-see
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I have to agree with everything you say Steven. Israel is not totally innocent in this, but I would say they are actually trying quite hard to control the damage even avoid the conflict. However, with Hamas's continued acts of aggression Israel has no choice but to retaliate. They started small and that had no affect so they are going to take action that will definitely have an affect. How can one possibly blame them for that. Problem being, it will probably never truly end until one side or the other is totally obliterated. In the process their will be many innocent civilians killed. Are they truly innocent or do they actually agree with wiping out the other side. We will never know.

EDIT TO ADD:

I hate to admit it, but I doubt that I could be as patient as Israel.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Israel has tried everything to make peace. They have given up their own land for peace. Didn't work, because then more land was demanded, and rockets were sent in from the land given up. They tried letting murderers out of jail for peace. This didn't work because the terrorists merely helped recruit even more suicide bombers and rocket attackers. It really don't matter what Israel does, there will never be peace until they are completely destroyed. If you don't believe me, read Noonie Darwish's book: Now They Call Me Infidel: Why I Renounced Jihad for America, Israel, and the War on Terror. Her father was killed fighting the Jews so she knows the mindset of those fighting for Allah.

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “World”