Israel invades Gaza

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Israel invades Gaza

Post by maryjane48 »

Donald G wrote:Lakevixen ...

Why not try to make positive statements, rather than the same old angry negativity time after time that IMO is founded on emotion rather than reason. WADR I do not perceive you as much of an enjoyable person to be around or discuss anything with.

Not that I think you will lose sleep over my comment.

how about responding to my point of how Britain with no thought what so ever based on logic, rearranged parts of Europe and middle east , and directly affects how our world is today. and also trying to infer how i am by my posts borders on silly to me lol .whether Hamas is good or bad is irrelevant , whether Israel has a right to defend themselves is not whats being argued by ne, what is , is how it came to be that Hamas was a viable group to get voted in . you cant know where your going if you cant see were you been
brounal
Board Meister

Post by brounal »

Why don't you move to Alaska Lakevixen? Unless you happen to be native American you don't likely have much land claim here .
If you are Native American' don't matter much anyway as for thousands of years people have conquered other people and took their land.

All that really matters now is that Israel exists and they and their neighbors can try to get along or they can keep killing each other. I am NOT in favor of Israel allowing any more settlements in Gaza or the West bank . I think the UN should have already declared Gaza and West Bank to be independent states.
I think Israel should treat the West Bank and Gaza as separate countries.A three state solution is probably the best one.
And if Hamas and Gaza don't honor the truce they should keep bombing hell out of them . Fact they should go directly after Hamas until the people that "voted" then in vote them out or get rid of them themselves or they should be degraded or destroyed just like the US and other countries are now trying to do to ISIS.

Generally in Canada we are peacefully coexisting with the Native Americans. So it might be possible to coexist in Israel after all 20% of the country is currently Arab Israeli and not talking the ones in Gaza or West Bank.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

I suppose our resident terrorist sympathizers also praise the cowardly murder of four innocents gone to prayer ...

Hamas, the militant Palestinian group that runs the Gaza Strip, praised the attack. In Gaza, dozens took to the streets to celebrate, with some offering trays full of candy. In the southern town of Rafah, women and schoolchildren waved green Hamas flags and a loudspeaker praised the attack

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#127118
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

http://www.timesofisrael.com/us-condemn ... directive/

The US government condemned Thursday the scheduled demolition of homes belonging to Palestinians who carried out terror attacks in Israel, with State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki contending that such a move amounted to collective punishment and would only heighten tensions in the region

I'm sure the last thing Israel wants is a excuse to pound Gaza into dust.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 ... cates.html
https://news.yahoo.com/us-urges-israel- ... 17661.html

When you steal land and violate international law, people get upset.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
brounal
Board Meister

Post by brounal »

See things are heating up again over there. This time mostly over Jerusalem. It should be a shared city and they should share the holy places. Israel is never going to allow Jerusalem to be cut in half. If these people don't learn to live together in peace there were be war there forever. I think another intifada is imminent.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

[quote="steven Hamas, the militant Palestinian group that runs the Gaza Strip, praised the attack. In Gaza, dozens took to the streets to celebrate, with some offering trays full of candy. In the southern town of Rafah, women and schoolchildren waved green Hamas flags and a loudspeaker praised the attack

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#127118 [/quote][/quote]

I think you raise a good point but probably not the point you were intending atomoa. When a lone wolf isreali targets innocent Palistinians they are condemned by Jews, Palistinians name a park after thier murderers. And which side do you make excuses for?

This is just another nail in the coffin for a two state solution and Palistinians have a celebration. Obviously they have no interest in living peacefully so they will condemn Palistinians to more of the same for the foreseeable future.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

The bottom line is that two sides believe in their own (incompatible) myth that they each believe to be the truth. No different than 10,000 years ago when one side believed in the sun god and the other side the sky god.

Lard Jay'sus but we is a stupid people stumbling our way through evolutionary brain development.
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

the only mistake the jews have made so far is they quit bombing those murdering bastardos called HAMAS
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Atomoa wrote: I'm sure the last thing Israel wants is a excuse to pound Gaza into dust.

Indeed, if all they needed was an excuse then the Hamas terrorists have been providing them with uncounted excuses for years (and the PLO extremists before that). It is really quite clear that Israel is the only participant in this conflict that really has any interest in the possibility of one day establishing peaceful relations. Israel could have leveled Gaza at any time and turned it into beachfront but instead has shown incredible patience, tolerance and restraint with the Hamas war dogs.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Steven Lloyd ...

Not too often I get the opportunity to agree with you but this is definitely one of those times. IMO the book "The Haj" accurately depicts about 2000 years of intermittent war over the exact same issues as the present unrest.

10/10
Last edited by Donald G on Nov 23rd, 2014, 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

brounal wrote: Generally in Canada we are peacefully coexisting with the Native Americans. So it might be possible to coexist in Israel after all 20% of the country is currently Arab Israeli and not talking the ones in Gaza or West Bank.

Imagine if one of our First Nations decided to develop and reveal a manifesto that preached pure hate to anyone non-aboriginal, called for the death of every non-aboriginal in the country, and the erasure of Canada as a country. Say they took all the public tax money currently being funnelled their way for education, health and housing and used it to buy weapons and munitions. Let’s imagine then that they started sending suicide bombers into public shopping malls and on to university campuses blowing themselves up to slaughter indiscriminate targets – children, students, mothers and teachers. I know there are a few terrorist apologists on these boards who would suggest “they would have every right to do that”. Imagine. Having the right to indiscriminately kill innocent people – not as collateral casualties, but as the primary targets. Imagine defending that.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle ... z3KBLx0GaV

Israel Wednesday revoked the residency rights of the widow of a Palestinian who carried out a deadly attack on a Jerusalem synagogue, drawing condemnation from human rights groups.

The move came after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced he would seek broad powers to rescind the residency and welfare rights of any Palestinian resident of Israel or occupied east Jerusalem if they or their relatives participated in unrest.

Being punished for your family member's crimes. Welcome to the wrong side of history Israel. Historians will not be as forgiving as the US media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_punishment

20th century examples.

- 1906 - racist US policies against blacks.
- The nazis.
- Canada jailing "all Japanese people"
- Stalin - USSR.
- North Korea
- India, Pakistan, Syria

...oh and Israel. Nice little club.

- Buckminster Fuller
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

aww ... but instead of demolishing the homes of the brain dead murdering peices of sht, they should instead set the homes up for the jewish israeli homeless. You want to kill you some jews? You"re proud of your son, nephew, neighbour for spilling jewish blood in Israel? Your whole neighbourhood's gonna look a whole lot different tomorrow.

The two @#$%-ups who hacked Orthodox Rabbis with axes and meat cleavers while they prayed in their synagogue were the nephews of a prisoner recently released as a gesture of good-will who was later re-arrested as the criminal he was. If there's one Israeli policy that should have been eliminated long ago it's the gesture of good-will BS - those days should have been over when the very first rockets came puking out of Gaza.

Orthodox Rabbis of all people!
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
wanderingman
Übergod

Post by wanderingman »

the only mistake the jews made was late last summer they quit JET bombing the slimballs in the gaza strip
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/asse ... y-27308456
The U.N. General Assembly overwhelmingly approved a resolution Tuesday calling on Israel to renounce possession of nuclear weapons and put its nuclear facilities under international oversight.

The resolution, adopted in a 161-5 vote, noted that Israel is the only Middle Eastern country that is not party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. It called on Israel to "accede to that treaty without further delay, not to develop, produce test or otherwise acquire nuclear weapons, to renounce possession of nuclear weapons" and put its nuclear facilities under the safeguard of the U.N.'s International Atomic Energy Agency.

The United States, Canada, Palau and Micronesia joined Israel in opposing the measure, while 18 countries abstained.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “World”