Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Robin Williams found dead at 63

Post by Queen K »

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2010/se ... ohol-drugs

Here's something to read and think about.

A more serious interview with Robin Williams.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Sad this news, a man who made so many laugh.
banjr89
Fledgling

Post by banjr89 »

I was sure it was a hoax when it hit my news feed :( oh but it was so sadly true !!!! What a tragic loss of such an amazing spirit . May he finally find peace and be free of all his pain that made him take his life and leave this world . Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends. I will be watching Mrs.Doubtfire again soon in honor of a great man:(
Iamsomeone
Fledgling

Post by Iamsomeone »

That was an interesting article Queen K, thanks for posting that.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Selfish.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

banjr89 wrote:I was sure it was a hoax when it hit my news feed(

You weren't the only one. I searched around a bit before starting this thread, and came across several websites claiming it was a hoax, though most of them were claiming he fell to his death. Most of them took their "hoax" pages down, but not all of them... http://dailyleak.org/2014/08/robin-will ... th-a-hoax/
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

What a World we live in, everything is a "hoax", "photoshopped" and no one really dies anyways, like Elvis.

I'd say that at least no one's making money off him but unless that Estate is air tight, the lawyers sure will. Also, there are movies still coming out?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Gilchy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Gilchy »

1nick wrote:Selfish.

It's difficult for someone to understand depression if they've never met anyone going through it. Michael Landsburg, host of TSN's Off the record, has made his battle with depression very public. He frequently uses the term "sick not weak".
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

One of my favorites. It's hard to believe how a person who made so many happy could be so sad himself. Maybe he gave too much of himself making others happy.

Alcoholism and addictions are something that thankfully few of us fully truly understand even though we might think we do. I truly believe they are not something you understand until you have been under their power. Even people who we see as strong can succumb. Too many good people have been lost and now Robin is added to the long list.

RIP Robin, you will be remembered for your great contributions to our world.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Queen K wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/film/2010/sep/20/robin-williams-worlds-greatest-dad-alcohol-drugs

Here's something to read and think about.

A more serious interview with Robin Williams.

Thanks for posting that QK. I was drawn to this sentence:

On location in Alaska in 2003, however, he started drinking again. He brings this up himself, and the minute he does he becomes more engaged.

I had friends that were in the Terrace airport when the private jet from LA arrived, and Robin Williams got off and ran around the Terrace airport posing for pictures with everyone who asked. Totally surreal. They were just blown away. Imagine you are just going about your business at some small airport and suddenly Robin Williams walks up and asks you if you want a picture. Al Pacino was also on that plane, but had to be literally carried off, he was so drunk. I wonder if Al had anything to do with Robin falling off the wagon during that movie. It was called "Insomnia" and was filmed around Stewart BC and Hyder Alaska. I believe that the reporter got it wrong on the date though, as Insomnia came out in 2002.
Not afraid to say "It".
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

R.I.P. Mork. :-(
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Jo
Slot 16

Post by Jo »

My most favourite Robin Williams gig ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDQd49rEF_0
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Very sad indeed. I really enjoyed his skits and movies.

I had a friend commit suicide back when we were in our early 20s. A fun-loving, generous, and helpful guy. At the time, it was rationalized as being "because of a girl," but I think the mental illness he suffered from was masked very well by his outward persona. Too bad there just wasn't diagnosis and professional support to help him...and I still don't think we understand enough to prevent it.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

It really is hard to believe. It never is the right answer, but sometimes people who are sick make wrong decisions because they aren't capable of making good ones.

I was pleased to see many of the tributes on facebook offering crisis line numbers, hopefully some people will decide to call.
I haven't failed until I quit.

Return to “World”