Scottish Independence

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Scottish Independence

Post by Glacier »

Scotland is going to vote on whether or not the end their 300 year marriage with the UK on Thursday. This is a big deal, and the vote could go down the wire. My only question is, if they vote "yes" does that mean the Union Jack will have to be revised to just red and white (like Canada)?

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Scottish Independence

Post by the truth »

I hope Scotland spererates, from the uk, what the uk did to the the Scottish people over 300years ago is beyond words,i hope the Scottish people remember that when they go vote. the natives here think they had it bad-NOT- try reading up on what the uk did to the Scottish people the two do not even come close

YES FOR SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

What happens to the flag if they separate?

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

the truth wrote:I hope Scotland spererates, from the uk, what the uk did to the the Scottish people over 300years ago is beyond words,i hope the Scottish people remember that when they go vote. the natives here think they had it bad-NOT- try reading up on what the uk did to the Scottish people the two do not even come close

How about you go live in Scotland now before you pretend to know which side is better?
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

the truth wrote:I hope Scotland spererates, from the uk, what the uk did to the the Scottish people over 300years ago is beyond words,i hope the Scottish people remember that when they go vote. the natives here think they had it bad-NOT- try reading up on what the uk did to the Scottish people the two do not even come close

So how should we act towards Germany, Japan , and Italy ? After all that was only 70 years ago.
Black Dogs Matter
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

I saw this on the news and my question is, Why would the flag have to change at all?

Sadly I yes vote on independence will really hurt the Scottish people, all the banks including the bank of Scotland has stated they will leave the country.

Scotland will become the most northern 3rd world country.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed* since im part scottish a highlander at that, go scotland
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Sep 17th, 2014, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic comment removed.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

If the Scots gain Independence perhaps it will give Quebec some incentive to have another crack at it.
Fingers crossed.
masen
Fledgling

Post by masen »

Yes, we probably have all have been wronged at some time. Is retaliation the answer? We seem to do that continuously with disastrous results. I have never seen anything good come from revenge.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

RESULTS SO FAR [5.13am]
Count Centres Declared: 26/32
Turnout: 84%
No: 1,397,077 (54%)
Yes: 1,176,952 (46%)
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Only problem I see with that position is that it's now 300 years later, and a knee jerk response to ancient history tends to not address a plethora of current valid concerns.

I happen to be of the belief that be it Scots, Natives here, or similar examples, it's time the past was relegated to the past and people stop trying to bleed current generations who had nothing to do with injustices. Go back far enough and we've all been done wrong at one point or another.

Time to move on. Advice that more often than not is lost on many in that La Belle Province.

Good on the Scots for voting no, and likely acknowledging that such a move comes at a price and isn't all roses as some envision. Little issues such as how much of the UK debt do they inherit come to mind, also something separatists in Quebec no doubt figure they can just walk away from.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so do you look at the native issue in Canada as the same.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

the truth wrote:so do you look at the native issue in Canada as the same.

If you read my post you have the answer.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I did not want to put words in your mouth
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Is the issue identical? Of course not.

The motivation behind it has a lot of similarities however, a group still disgruntled over something that happened multiple generations prior, and looking to cash in on it in some way.

When I observe our natives I see a group that for the most part has embraced completely the white man's ways, be it automobiles, airplanes, housing, entertainment, food, etc., yet when there's the slightest chance there might be money involved then the native card gets played, or some chunk of land that was of little interest until profitable natural resources came into play, suddenly becomes ancient ancestral grounds because a long dead ancestor once camped there overnight.

It's long past time that everyone was on the same level playing field.

Return to “World”