Castanet Poll, "Would you vacation in Cabo?"

WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Re: Castanet Poll, "Would you vacation in Cabo?"

Post by WeatherWoman »

I have travelled and there is a diffence on what poor is. It's like comparing poor in Canada to poor in mexico...not quite the same.

Poor in haiti is much more poor then poor in Mexico as a general statement. Mexico is a much financially richer country than Haiti.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
my5cents
Guru

Re: Cabo Storm Getting a bit Worn

Post by my5cents »

omisimaw wrote:"c2c - In BC, in order to be eligible to vote in either the provincial or municipal elections, you must be a resident of the province. Non-resident property owners are not eligible to vote."

Incorrect... there is such a thing as a non-resident voter....

That would be a big surprise to Elections BC.

Who can vote

To vote in a provincial election you must:
    ◾be registered as a voter,
    ◾be a Canadian citizen,
    ◾be at least 18 years old on General Voting Day,
    ◾be a resident of the electoral district where the election is being held,
    ◾have lived in B.C. for the six months before General Voting Day, and
    ◾not be disqualified from voting.
http://www.elections.bc.ca/index.php/vo ... -can-vote/
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

WeatherWoman wrote:I have travelled and there is a diffence on what poor is. It's like comparing poor in Canada to poor in mexico...not quite the same.

Poor in haiti is much more poor then poor in Mexico as a general statement. Mexico is a much financially richer country than Haiti.

Well this Poll and discussion is about Mexico....
And there are slums all over the world and there is absolutely no difference between the feeling of hunger in a human based on their country of residency....
So give it a rest there is no difference on what poor is, or underprivileged .... but then obviously you have never been poor as you seem to think the poor in Canada are different somehow to the poor in other areas of the world.
Everything is relative but when you are hungry and have no roof over your head it does not matter one bit where in the world this is!
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

omisimaw wrote:Everything is relative but when you are hungry and have no roof over your head it does not matter one bit where in the world this is!

Well I'd rather be homeless in Mexico or Haiti in January rather than in Canada when it's -30, so it can matter,
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

You would probably not be homeless in either of those countries as the people take care of one another and watch out for one another.... they are more accepting and do not judge a book by its cover ... so to speak...
but yes it is far better to put your head down on warm sand than cold snow any day!
too bad the "privileged" of even Kelowna are not as accepting of others!
To be offended is a choice we make; it is not a condition inflicted or imposed upon us by someone or something else. - David A. Bednar
Monsterdriver
Fledgling

Post by Monsterdriver »

Bsuds wrote:Well I'd rather be homeless in Mexico or Haiti in January rather than in Canada when it's -30, so it can matter,

I would say you are both right. When your hungry and poor, it doesn't matter where you live. I would sooner be hungry and warm than hungry and cold. The rumour is that the best place in the world to be poor, is the Caribbean. I don't know if that is true and I have been lucky enough that I don't think I will find out.
Stupid or Ugly; you need to decide, you can't be both
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

omisimaw wrote:Well this Poll and discussion is about Mexico....

I started a new topic. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=58839

FYI: I was discussing mexico in relation to haiti as per Bmans' comments.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

If you are not going to holiday in places where there has been a bad storm or other national catastrophe at one time or another you best get used to a tent in your back yard. As of today anyway.
omisimaw
Guru

Post by omisimaw »

Agree Donald it is getting harder and harder to actually feel safe traveling far these days.... if the wind and water don't get you the humans will!
But there is vacations and there are vacations.... at this point in time it would be great to take a cruise out of Vancouver to Mexico .... this is the time of year they start heading south after doing Alaska all summer.... some good deals ... some with stays in Vegas included.. pretty much all inclusive with a twist...

Return to “World”