White Woman Given Sperm From Black Donor Sues

Glacier
The Pilgrim

White Woman Given Sperm From Black Donor Sues

Post by Glacier »

White Ohio woman is suing a Downers Grove-based sperm bank, alleging that the company mistakenly gave her vials from an African-American donor, a fact that she said has made it difficult for her and her same-sex partner to raise their now 2-year-old daughter in an all-white community.

Jennifer Cramblett, of Uniontown, Ohio, alleges in the lawsuit filed Monday in Cook County Circuit Court that Midwest Sperm Bank sent her the vials of an African-American donor's sperm in September 2011 instead of those of a white donor that she and her white partner had ordered.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Oxl3y
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: White Woman Given Sperm From Black Donor Sues

Post by Oxl3y »

While I do believe she is fully within her rights to sue I fear its going to be really hard on the child if she ever finds out about this mess. Not to mention the reasons the parents have boils have some pretty racist undertones.

"Mommy were you so upset you got me that you sued people?"
"No dear, I love you entirely I was just *bleep* you were black! What will the neighbors think!"

I'm sure this could have been dealt with quietly outside of the media. Its unfortunate for the child that its going to be this big spectacle.
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Catz »

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Catz wrote:Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Pretty much, how would you describe someone who is discriminated against who turns around and does the same thing?

But it really never should have happened in the first place.

Maybe the Sperm banks should just mix em all together and let natural selection decide.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Such a tough call on this one.

The sperm bank royally screwed up. They did make an error and they should be held accountable.

HOWEVER...

This woman is probably discriminated against all the time. Now she is complaining about having a half black child. There are millions of people who think she shouldn't even be ABLE to adopt, then she SUES when she gets a child. Her "white" neighborhood won't like mixed children, but they like lesbians? Her kid will find out about this eventually and wonder why mommy just couldn't be happy she was able to have her.

There are so many things wrong with what she is doing and saying... but I guess money trumps everything else. I'd believe her statements of "I just want to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else" if she just went public and tried other avenues, other than suing for money.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

So this lady is suing for getting sperm from someone of a different race and another lady is suing because she can't get sperm from a different race.
Type_O
Board Meister

Post by Type_O »

This is a uniquely wonderful opportunity for the community to become more tolerant towards the colour of skin, of course this needs to start with the parents; baby steps!
Type_O
Board Meister

Post by Type_O »

On the flip side, it reminds me of Steve Martin's portrayl as a black man in "The Jerk".
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I thought of "Black Like Me" and wonder if the experiment was repeated, how different would the experience be?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
oscillate_wildly
Fledgling

Post by oscillate_wildly »

Sometimes people in this modern age make me laugh to the point where we don't even need stand up comedy anymore, it's just redundant.

Did these parents ever just consider moving anywhere outside of a flyover state? Sure, multi-ethnic families have the right to live everywhere, but why be a masochist? It's certainly a lot better than plastering it all over the news and the legal system for the kid to see (which nowadays, would be in less than four years)
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Oxl3y »

oscillate_wildly wrote:Sometimes people in this modern age make me laugh to the point where we don't even need stand up comedy anymore, it's just redundant.

Did these parents ever just consider moving anywhere outside of a flyover state? Sure, multi-ethnic families have the right to live everywhere, but why be a masochist? It's certainly a lot better than plastering it all over the news and the legal system for the kid to see (which nowadays, would be in less than four years)

You're suggestion for them to deal with being impregnated with the wrong sperm is to move? Although they dealt with the solution poorly they are still the victims in this story. Why should they have to move to another state?
[img] obviously too awesome to be displayed

Return to “World”