White teen killed by black cop in Alabama

wanderingman
Übergod

Re: White teen killed by black cop in Alabama

Post by wanderingman »

zookeeper wrote:I think Canadians forget too easily. How many of our own have been lured to their deaths in the line of duty? Have we forgotten Cpl Nathan Cirillo already? Mayerthorpe? Moncton? How many of our fallen would have been judged had they have shot to kill defending themselves? Aside from dissecting each case individually, through in the word racism, or political motivation, would it matter what the outcome of an investigation or charges would be? Let's judge those who's job it is to serve and protect and conveniently forget societies fall in to total disregard for life. What kind of excuse would you come up with when it is your life flashing before your eyes, perceived or real? Are we moving forward as civilized nations, or regressing?

the mayerthorpe deal was a travesty but my personal opinion was and still is they should have been less Rambo and more clear thinking. Going into a dark building where they knew a armed man was is in my opinion not very smart
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

Of course, they should have walked away. Silly of them to put their life on the line in the line of duty, how uncivilized. Then when Roszko, whereabouts unknown, would have got away and shot a few civilians they would have been accused of not doing their job.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Civilians getting shot by police is always a tragedy, for all involved, but too many of you look at it like no more than a statistic. You ask, why can a cop killer be brought in alive but teenagers can't?

Instead of offending everybody and assuming that every individual case is the exact same, remind yourself that each are actually different. Of course accidents happen, of course there are some cases where what happened is controversial, but the majority of these shootings in Canada, the police aren't to blame for the situation. And it's still a tragedy.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

wanderingman wrote:
the mayerthorpe deal was a travesty but my personal opinion was and still is they should have been less Rambo and more clear thinking. Going into a dark building where they knew a armed man was is in my opinion not very smart

It is apparent you don't know the events which took place in Mayerthorpe so why comment?
hozzle
Lord of the Board

Post by hozzle »

Ken7 wrote:It is apparent you don't know the events which took place in Mayerthorpe so why comment?

So... give us the details. I would like you to fill in the gaps.
Since this is a 2 yr old case can you tell me if this black officer is in a community that has been plagued by white drug dealers and gangsters patrolled by a majority black police force with racist undertones? I don't know... if it is then it should be paralleled with the events in Ferguson, If not then maybe that is why there was no rioting in Mayerthorpe.
“The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient, while nature cures the disease." & “doctors put drugs of what they know little into bodies of which they know less for diseases of which they know nothing at all.”
- M. de Voltaire
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

What... not a peep on this thread from abritishcolumbian. What could be the reason for that?
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

not enough information available to condemn the actions of the police, for me.

while racism is likely a factor in many killings, it is not an issue i pursue, other than more local instances.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev

Return to “World”