It's OK to say 'Merry Christmas'

kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Re: It's OK to say 'Merry Christmas'

Post by kompili »

averagejoe wrote:
Do you say Merry Christmas or Merry xmas?

I don't believe in Christmas, but I don't like wrecking it for anyone else. So, I wish them Happy Holidays, Merry Xmas, or Merry Christmas what ever fits.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

logicalview wrote:To All My Liberal Friends:
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.
I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2014, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other countries nor the only "America" in theWestern Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishes.

To My Conservative Friends:

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year

This is a funny well written post up until you get political by implying only conservatives say merry Christmas. I'm somewhat of a liberal and a full blown atheist but I say Merry Christmas. Having a holiday that brings family and friends together is enough, I don't feel the need to rationalize it anymore than that.

As one of the wise men, Paul Simon once said, "politics are ugly", so I suppose I should just be happy politics are invited to your Christmas because it certainly isnt invited to mine.

Merry Christmas
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

I just say "happy buying things season".
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller

Return to “World”