Oh my, Bill Cosby....

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Oh my, Bill Cosby....

Post by averagejoe »

Bill Cosby is not quite what we all thought he was. It was all just a bad Hollywood "B" movie ...

Passed around by Bill Cosby, Hugh Hefner and dozens of Hollywood honchos - this is the Playboy Playmate of the Month who felt so used and abused by the most powerful leading men she took a gun and shot herself in the head

Paige Young was the November 1968 Playmate of the Month and the magazine's centerfold
Bill Cosby was obsessed with Young who had caught his eye during his many visits to the glitzy Playboy Club
She was 30 when she took a .38 caliber pistol and shot herself in the head
In a scene reminiscent of a 1970s B-movie,Young's friend and former model Melanie Myers found Paige's lifeless body lying on a blood soaked American flag on her double bed
‘The cops had Paige’s suicide note and read some of it to me,’ Myers recalls
‘The whole thing was about her anger towards the men who she believed had chewed her up and spat her out'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3LhoyNCfg
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Oh my, Bill Cosby....

Post by the truth »

no way he goes to jail even if he is guilty of all he is being accused of, -just like oj, because of the threats of riots by the african American community.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

If someone can come forward that he recently raped I think things will go bad for this serial rapist, fast.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

And here we were lead to believe it was because of the statute of limitations. We are so fortunate on this forum to have a poster with such a brilliant legal mind who can tell us the truth. And if truth's legal opinion wasn't a blessing enough, his ability to keep his finger on the pulse of black america and share of his vast knowledge of racial tensions is more than we humbly deserve.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

thank you for your kind words, the truth is in front of are faces everyday.people just overthink everything these days.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the quadguy
Fledgling

Post by the quadguy »

To the truth, You are bang on. As far as the others that don't agree with you. Maybe they should watch a little news, Not all of it just a little and they will be enlightend
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

the quadguy wrote:To the truth, You are bang on. As far as the others that don't agree with you. Maybe they should watch a little news, Not all of it just a little and they will be enlightend

Ok then, enlighten me. What little news do you watch that would lead you to believe the reason they don't press charges against Bill Cosby is the racial tension it would generate. Or did you not have any idea what you just agreed with? :P
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

good chance they press charges, but he will never go to jail, not unless they want nation wide riots- call it psychological blackmail
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

They can't press charges because the statute of limitations on his crimes have run out. I believe there is one woman who is charging him with defamation of character after disparaging remarks were made about her from Cosby's representatives. It might result in Cosby taking the stand and answering questions under oath but that's about it.

As far as the black community coming to the defense of a serial rapist, haven't seen any signs of this. Many may have been in disbelief and it may be sad to have a beloved icon's legacy destroyed by his own actions but I have yet to hear anyone defend his actions.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

He used to lecture black community on behaving properly and abiding the law.

Irony.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Statute of Limitations vary by State and there are exceptions to the rule.

Statutes of Limitation for prosecuting rape and/or sexual assault
California
The prosecution of an aggravated rape may be commenced at any time. The prosecution of a rape
that is not aggravated must commence within six years after its commission. The California Penal Code permits the prosecution of certain sex offenses within one year of the date on which the identity of the suspect is conclusively established by DNA testing, or within ten years of the offense, whichever is longer.

http://relieffundforsexualassaultvictim ... crim-D.pdf
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Captain Awesome wrote:He used to lecture black community on behaving properly and abiding the law.

Irony.

says it all , does it not
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
daria
Guru

Post by daria »

Don't take my silence to mean I've agreed with you; I easily could've just lost interest in explaining how wrong you are.
History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes.
"I figured out how to monetize SJWs." Jordan B. Peterson
opinion2015
Fledgling

Post by opinion2015 »

http://www.legaleasesolutions.com/lawst ... ill-cosby/

The link I have posted is from a legal forum, and a lawyer comments on 'statute of limitations' with regard to the allegations of sexual assault by the women who have come forward.

My review of the article would suggest that the only 'victim' that might be able to sustain a criminal and civil litigation against Cosby would be the 15 year old, who was a minor at the time of her alleged assault.

The only other angle would be well known ambulance chaser, Gloria Aldred's challenge to Cosby to waive the limitation period and allow her client's to sue him for damages, so he can 'prove' he is innocent. There is a big fat zero chance that will ever happen- so do not expect to see Cosby hauled into court any time soon.

Having said that- he has been convicted in the media, and I think in most people's minds (mine included) that he is at least guilty of some of the attacks against the 15-20 women who have come out in public to tell their stories.

Also- his best buddy is Hugh Hefner. I assume Cosby has spent many a night in the Playboy Mansion- and I'll bet he was doing his comedy routine............
Freedom is hammered out on the anvil of discussion, dissent, and debate.
Hubert H. Humphrey

Return to “World”