Another shooting in Missouri

Danielson99
Board Meister

Another shooting in Missouri

Post by Danielson99 »

Kinda wondering why Castanet hasn't posted a link/story about this shooting. It happened yesterday and it's been in the media for quite some time. http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/police-shooting-missouri-officer-shoots-kills-man-who-pulled-gun/ar-BBhbb2k
mexi cali
Guru

Re: Young Black Man Shot In Missouri...Again.

Post by mexi cali »

One of the men pulled a handgun and pointed it at the officer, Schellman said. The officer fired several shots, striking and fatally wounding the man.

And that's why he is dead.

Oh wait; should the officer have asked him to drop his gun? Maybe asked him to please reconsider? How much should a cop be willing to roll the dice with his or her life when there is a gun pointed at him or her?

Here's how that goes; Officer; Drop the g......Bang bang bang. Officer dead.

But hey; at least he wouldn't have to witness his character being assassinated or have his family threatened.

Please don't try and make this another Michael Brown scenario.

If everytime the cops kill a suspect we persecute them, there is going to be a serious shortage of cops soon.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

The video shows him with gun pointed towards the cop, that's enough as far as I'm concerned. What's funny is they'll use this to feed the cops against blacks thing
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

what happened afterwards is whats interesting, people in the states will actually stand up for their rights, while here in canada we just roll over. every cop shooting at someone , resulting in death will be put under a microscope there now, hopefully the police forces there wake up and start doing things more professionally , instead of just shooting like drunk machine gunners
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

lakevixen wrote:what happened afterwards is whats interesting, people in the states will actually stand up for their rights, while here in canada we just roll over. every cop shooting at someone , resulting in death will be put under a microscope there now, hopefully the police forces there wake up and start doing things more professionally , instead of just shooting like drunk machine gunners

Did you actually hear the story on this incident? Amazing!
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Police officer kills armed black man near Ferguson, Missouri

A white policeman shot dead a black man brandishing a pistol at a suburban St. Louis gasoline station overnight, police said on Wednesday, igniting violence reminiscent of riots over the police killing of an unarmed black teenager in nearby Ferguson.

Black officials in Missouri were at pains to distinguish the death of a suspect with a gun from cases where unarmed black men were killed by police officers, incidents that led to protests across the United States and bitter debate about how American police forces treat non-white citizens.

The shooting happened late on Tuesday at a Mobil On The Run gas station in Berkeley, Missouri, within walking distance of the Ferguson street on which a white police officer shot dead 18-year-old Michael Brown in August.

"This is not a policeman in the city of Berkeley going out half-cocked," Berkeley Mayor Theodore Hoskins said at a news conference. "You could not even compare this with Ferguson."

A crowd of 200 to 300 people gathered at the gasoline station after the shooting, and bricks and three fireworks were thrown, two of them at the roughly 50 officers at the scene, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-shoot-blac ... 37203.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

lakevixen wrote:what happened afterwards is whats interesting, people in the states will actually stand up for their rights, while here in canada we just roll over. every cop shooting at someone , resulting in death will be put under a microscope there now, hopefully the police forces there wake up and start doing things more professionally , instead of just shooting like drunk machine gunners

Of course each shooting should be reviewed with a microscope. But they should be reviewed objectively. Absolutely none of these recent shootings have anything at all to do with each other. During each review, the other shootings are completely irrelevant.

Unfortunately, the protesters clearly do not understand that, and that is a shame. In this incident, based on the information we have, any cop would have been absolutely right to have resorted to lethal force.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

this moron pointed a gun at a cop, how stupid can you get, and the rest of them found there excuse to riot- morons all of them
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

What right do they have in the USA that is different from Canada?

Help me, you point a gun at a Canadian Officer, you too should be dropped like a bad habit. I don't understand what people are thinking, as a Police Officer you do not have to wait for the idiot to shoot first.

I forgot, sorry you have no knowledge obviously about real police training.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Young Black Man Shot In Missouri - again

Post by the truth »

in general cop haters have had there fair share or members of there family have had there fair share of run ins with the law
Last edited by the truth on Dec 29th, 2014, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

the truth wrote:in general cop hates have had there fair share or members of there family have had there fair share of run ins with the law

I hope when the drugs/booze wears off you look back at that sentence and realize how bad it really is.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Bsuds wrote:I hope when the drugs/booze wears off you look back at that sentence and realize how bad it really is.

lol. Ain't that 'the truth'.

I actually agree with mexi on this, we shouldn't turn this into another MB situation because unlike MB, this man was armed and clearly posed an immanent threat.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: Another shooting in Missouri

Post by dogspoiler »

There seems to be quite a few black folks upset about black folks being shot by police. I would suggest that if they curtailed poor behaviour this type of occurence could be greatly reduced. Not pyhsically attacking an officer, or pointing a gun at them would likely be a good start in reducing this type of occurence.

Just my opinion.
Black Dogs Matter
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

I assume if I point a handgun at an officer,good chance he will and should shoot to kill me, I guess I better not then,,wow that was hard to figure out
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Yeah it does appear to be a rudderless movement at the time. They need to get out of the habit of protesting every shooting and focus thier effort on demanding certain changes. Such as the way police are trained and or providing additional training. And a third party review of the indictment process addressing the unfortunate DA's obvious conflict of interest. Standing behind every ganster will not further their cause and will eventually cause them to loose the support of the general public.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “World”