Saudi arms deal makes mockery of Canadian values

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Saudi arms deal makes mockery of Canadian values

Post by The Green Barbarian »

LOL - I love the ramp up of bibble-babble from the lunatic set. Elections are so much fun. I hope our relationship with Saudi runs true and deep and long, if only to continue to fake irritate a bunch of boneheads. Like Mulcair would have done anything differently. In fact, he probably would have gone to Saudi himself to get the paid-for 5 star junket. The NDP has shown over and over again, they love their 5-star junkets.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

The Green Barbarian wrote:LOL - I love the ramp up of bibble-babble from the lunatic set. Elections are so much fun. I hope our relationship with Saudi runs true and deep and long, if only to continue to fake irritate a bunch of boneheads. Like Mulcair would have done anything differently. In fact, he probably would have gone to Saudi himself to get the paid-for 5 star junket. The NDP has shown over and over again, they love their 5-star junkets.

Maybe Mulcair would have, who knows? All we know for sure is that Harper did.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
kplan

Post by kplan »

X
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... e26105853/

Ottawa is contractually obliged to keep secret the details of a controversial $15-billion arms sale to Saudi Arabia – a transaction that Stephen Harper personally assured the country’s monarch will be guaranteed by the Canadian government, documents say.

Ah yes, selling the beheaders and sex slave owners Canadian made tanks.

No wonder you needed to keep it secret.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

If we don't sell them arms, then somebody else will. We should try to sell them all that we can. Armaments have been a legitimate business since the days of cave men. Open more factories, train more technicians to go over there and show them how to use the weapons, hire workers, pay them well. It's all good.

Voting for leftists like Mulcair and bleeding heart Trudeau will ensure that this sector of our economy won't flourish and provide employment for Canadians. The Saudis have tons of cash. We should try to get it.

Morality of arms trading? We're humans and we've done this forever. Don't try quoting Biblical verses to me. There are plenty of references to using weapons for the good side. And we're on it.
SassySasquatch
Board Meister

Post by SassySasquatch »

Yeesh ^^^ Same thing terrorists like ISIL proclaim & guess where they get their weapons...
"...always keep your mind and heart open." - Henry Fonda
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

A nuclear deal between Iran and six world powers that promises to fundamentally alter the geopolitical landscape of the Middle East and beyond will not die in the U.S. Congress.

On Wednesday, Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.) announced that she would support the agreement, becoming the 34th member of the Senate to do so. In offering her backing, Mikulski, who is retiring in 2016, assured that President Barack Obama will dodge a Republican-led effort to kill the deal. Although a resolution of disapproval may still pass the chamber, the White House now has the necessary support to sustain a presidential veto of said resolution.

“No deal is perfect, especially one negotiated with the Iranian regime. I have concluded that this Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action is the best option available to block Iran from having a nuclear bomb," Mikulski said in a statement. "For these reasons, I will vote in favor of this deal. However, Congress must also reaffirm our commitment to the safety and security of Israel.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oba ... verride=ca

Return to “World”