Would you support going to war against terrorists?

Would you support going to war against terrorist groups that are threatening world safety?

YES
68%
NO
32%

Total votes: 31

Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Would you support going to war against terrorists?

Post by Smurf »

Would you support Canada going to war against terrorist organization such as ISIS, BOKO HURAM, AL-QAEDA and others that threaten world safety and all the freedoms we have worked and fought so hard to achieve.

I'm just wondering where the support actually lies.

Please give some reasons for your answers.

Myself I would support it 100% and would go but I believe I am a few decades past being accepted or even considered. I truly believe they are a threat to peace throughout the world if not stopped. I would go even to protect other free world countries, not just North America. I feel we need to stick together to protect the freedoms we have, free speech, woman's rights and any number of things that many in the world don't enjoy and that would be taken away.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: WOULD YOU SUPPORT GOING TO WAR AGAINST TERROROISTS?

Post by maryjane48 »

i would as long as there is thought put into the whole end game, if it going to turn into a holy war then no i would not support it
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I agree. Although it seems to be I don't believe this should ever be turned into a holy war. To me it is a war between good and evil and we are the good.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

and i will add, i think myself that if we the good guys welcomed moderate muslims as brother against the bad guys, it might not be as long a struggle as it will be with out them , for me it is all about the end result, what will we end up living with after a poorly executed airware?
Atomoa
Guru

Post by Atomoa »

How many of those that voted yes would be going to war and risking their lives?

How many that voted yes would put their child on the front lines?

Fools.
Last edited by Atomoa on Jan 22nd, 2015, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The true business of people should be to go back to
school and think about whatever it was they were
thinking about before somebody came along and told
them they had to earn a living.

- Buckminster Fuller
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

After those monkeys, Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney and Rice - after them I wouldn't support
anything my government lies to me about.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

lakevixen wrote: and i will add, i think myself that if we the good guys welcomed moderate muslims as brother against the bad guys, it might not be as long a struggle as it will be with out them , …

You mean like sending forces to train the Iraqi military and supporting them and the Kurdish fighters with air support ? Make up your mind girl. Yes, we can go off on a hundred different tangents exploring the nefarious activities of the CIA and how the USA created Osama Bin Laden, but what people are talking about on these threads is the current threat of Islamic extremism that is growing and threatening world peace – such as it is (but lets not deflect from the topic at hand).
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Thinktank wrote:After those monkeys, Bush, Rumsfeld, Cheney and Rice - after them I wouldn't support
anything my government lies to me about.

You're going to look good herding sheep.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Would you support going to war against terrorists?

Post by flamingfingers »

Where are the 'moderate Muslims'? Why are they not taking an extremely active role in voicing and acting against the Islamic extremists that are creating such friction for ALL Muslims? They should be front and center in this and calling down the extremists who apparently are acting against the Prophet Mohammed's edict of being a 'peace-loving' people.
Chill
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

You mean like sending forces to train the Iraqi military and supporting them and the Kurdish fighters with air support ? Make up your mind girl. Yes, we can go off on a hundred different tangents exploring the nefarious activities of the CIA and how the USA created Osama Bin Laden, but what people are talking about on these threads is the current threat of Islamic extremism that is growing and threatening world peace – such as it is (but lets not deflect from the topic at hand).

i mean clearly, that if canada comes up with a plan that gets us from here to our desired end result by not starting ww3, then yes im all in, but if the plan is to blindly lash out with no thought put into what our actions could and will create, then no, im not for it. and it seems for now, that is exactly what we are doing now.

How many of those that voted yes would be going to war and risking their lives? i voted yes with conditions and yes i would go if i had to .

How many that voted yes would put their child on the front lines?i think most politicians wouldn't, but i think the average person would

Fools.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

flamingfingers wrote:Where are the 'moderate Muslims'? Why are they not taking an extremely active role in voicing and acting against the Islamic extremists that are creating such friction for ALL Muslims? They should be front and center in this and calling down the extremists who apparently are acting against the Prophet Mohammed's edict of being a 'peace-loving' people.

i have seen several, but, the media doesn't want to give them much airtime. this whole situation could be be handled a certain way for a reason , the fact the gop are making plans for war against iran behind the presidents back, speaks to the games being played out with real human lives
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

lakevixen wrote: i mean clearly, that if canada comes up with a plan that gets us from here to our desired end result by not starting ww3, then yes im all in, but if the plan is to blindly lash out …

So, if you saw a group of hoodlums descending on a group of innocent children slaughtering the boys by beheading them and taking the girls and raping them you’d …

… ph up Atom Boy and say “we need to get together and make a plan. Bring all your files on bin Laden and the CIA and the 9/11 conspiracy to make profit for oil companies and let’s get right on this!”

Thanks, but I truly believe the fighting Kurds and Iraqis trying to defend their women and children,
and the growing camps of Muslim refugees much prefer the steps we (Canada) are taking right now.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

can y'all try and post like adults. If it's to much for you, maybe take a break.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Thanks, but I truly believe the fighting Kurds and Iraqis trying to defend their women and children,
and the growing camps of refugees much prefer the steps we (Canada) are taking right now.
but you willingly leave out that over half the drone strikes obama has ordered have been against targets that were never identified, second, half the kurds are on a terrorist watch list, we are not helping them ones , as for the iraqi people, we really helped them by not taking out the prince when we had the chance.the kurd are always looking for extra help,, steven, why not commit to the cause?
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

lakevixen wrote: i mean clearly, that if canada comes up with a plan that gets us from here to our desired end result by not starting ww3, then yes im all in, but if the plan is to blindly lash out …

steven lloyd wrote: So, if you saw a group of hoodlums descending on a group of innocent children slaughtering the boys by beheading them and taking the girls and raping them you’d …

… ph up Atom Boy and say “we need to get together and make a plan. Bring all your files on bin Laden and the CIA and the 9/11 conspiracy to make profit for oil companies and let’s get right on this!”

Given the nature of lakevixen's posts that I've read, I hardly think the response you describe would be hers.

Such carnage you describe is a hell that no sane person would want.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.

Return to “World”