Islamophobia Turns Deadly in the USA

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Islamophobia Turns Deadly in the USA

Post by Glacier »

3 Muslim Students Shot to Death in Apartment Near UNC Chapel Hill

By Saeed Ahmed, CNN

(CNN) A 46-year-old man has been charged with murder in the shooting death of three Muslim students in an apartment near the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus.

Police haven’t said what may have compelled the accused, Craig Stephen Hicks, to allegedly carry out the attack Tuesday evening. He turned himself into police later in the night.

But given the victims’ religion and comments the alleged shooter apparently left on a Facebook page, many social media users wondered what role, if any, the victims’ faith played.

Based on his online footprint, Mr. Hicks is an atheist. I see this incident as an opportunity for the Powers That Be to crack down on the atheist wing of the Counterjihad, which is not as big as the Christian portion, but still considerable.

Anders Behring Breivik was described as a “Christian terrorist” by the media after his massacre on Utøya in 2011, despite his own statements in his “manifesto” declaring himself to be an atheist. Mr. Hicks plainly can’t be used in that fashion — his atheism was too militant and public. He has expressed his disdain for Christians online, posting “a picture from United Atheists of America asking ‘why radical Christians and radical Muslims are so opposed to each others’ influence when they agree about so many ideological issues’.”

The alleged killer is a fan of Richard Dawkins, and I can see a Full Fjordman in Mr. Dawkins’ future. He has already “condemned” the attack. Next he will have to begin “repudiating” various writers and groups — assuming that he wants to maintain his full schedule of paid speaking engagements. You can expect various Christian groups to pile on him and other atheist “Islamophobes”, with luminaries such as Pope Francis leading the charge.

The incident will probably prompt a flare-up of the Atheists vs. Christian war, which is never very far below the surface in Counterjihad circles. If it happens, I won’t be participating. That’s just what our enemies want.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Islamophobia Turns Deadly in the USA

Post by Bsuds »

Unfortunately with all the rednecks in the US of A it was only a matter of time till this happened.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Steve-O
Übergod

Post by Steve-O »

I see that Glacier used a clip off CNN. The castanet clip from Canadian Press details the shooter had a long running battle with his victims about a parking space. Religion is mentioned but not the focus in CP's version. Either way, three people dead that shouldn't be.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

(CNN)Was it a dispute over a parking space or something more sinister that prompted the shooting death of three students in an apartment near the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus?

Police said "an ongoing neighbor dispute over parking" might have been a factor in the shootings Tuesday evening but said they weren't dismissing the possibility of a hate crime.

The victims -- a newlywed couple and the bride's younger sister -- were shot in the head, sources told CNN affiliate WRAL.

Their families say the gunman had threatened the victims before, and they believe the shootings were a hate crime.

All three of the victims, Deah Barakat, 23, Yusor Abu-Salha, 21, and Razan Abu-Salha, 19, were Muslim. And given their religion and comments the alleged shooter apparently left on a Facebook page, many social media users wondered what role the victims' faith may have played.

The 46-year-old suspect, Craig Stephen Hicks, has been charged with murder.

Craig Stephen Hicks was arrested on three counts of murder.
Craig Stephen Hicks was arrested on three counts of murder.
At a news conference Wednesday afternoon, his wife said she was "shocked" by the killings and offered condolences to the victims' families.

"This incident had nothing to do with religion or the victims' faith, but in fact was related to the longstanding parking disputes that my husband had with the neighbors," Karen Hicks said.

Karen Hicks was in the process of getting a divorce from her husband. And Rob Maitland, her attorney, said the shooting "highlights the importance of access to mental health care services."

He declined to provide any details about the suspect's mental health history, but said, "obviously it's not within the range of normal behavior for someone to shoot three people over parking issues."

The father of the female victims, however, told CNN he was sure that wasn't true.

"We have no doubt that the way they looked and the way they believed had something to do with this," Mohammad Abu-Salha said.

When his son-in-law lived alone in the condominium complex, the family never had any problems. But once his daughter moved in, wearing a headscarf that clearly identified her as Muslim, trouble started, he said.

"My daughter, Yusor, honest to God, told us on more than two occasions that this man came knocking at the door and fighting about everything with a gun on his belt, more than twice," her father said. "She told us, 'Daddy, I think he hates us for who we are and how we look.'"

Learning from the police how his two daughters and son-in-law were killed has only made him more convinced.

"Now that we know from the police that they were shot in the head, very quickly, the three of them, one bullet each, in a very small space inside in the apartment. That's execution-style. I don't know, if that is not hate, what that would be."

Police: 'We will exhaust every lead'
The Council on American-Islamic Relations called for police to "address speculation about a possible bias motive," and the Muslim Public Affairs Council is requesting a federal investigation "if the motives of the shooter are confirmed based on his previous social media posts."

That's a possibility police are considering.

"Our investigators are exploring what could have motivated Mr. Hicks to commit such a senseless and tragic act," Chapel Hill Police Chief Chris Blue said. "We understand the concerns about the possibility that this was hate-motivated, and we will exhaust every lead to determine if that is the case."
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/11/us/chapel-hill-shooting/

well here we go, the actions of Americans that is the wrong reaction has begun , hope Obama has the nukes warmed up, because if this keeps up, every Muslim in the west will start fighting
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

The U.S. Department of Justice issued a statement Friday afternoon that said the department's Civil Rights Division, along with the the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Middle District of North Carolina and the FBI, have opened "a parallel preliminary inquiry" to determine whether any federal laws, including hate crime laws, were violated.

President Barack Obama mentioned the FBI inquiry in his Friday afternoon statement about the "brutal and outrageous murders" in the college town of Chapel Hill.

"No one in the United States of America should ever be targeted because of who they are, what they look like, or how they worship," he said. "Michelle and I offer our condolences to the victims' loved ones. As we saw with the overwhelming presence at the funeral of these young Americans, we are all one American family."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/13/us/chapel ... index.html
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Officials with the Houston Fire Department have not released any information regarding a possible cause for the fire.
Ahsan Zahid, 25, the son of the mosque’s imam, told the Houston Chronicle two possibilities are being explored — the fire might have been set by a homeless person who broke into the building, or the fire was intentionally set to damage the building.
But mosque leaders asked congregants not to jump to conclusions.
“Let us be clear: the investigation is ongoing,” they wrote on Facebook.
Concerns that Muslims might be targeted by hate crimes has risen recently after Deah Shaddy Barakat, 23, Yusor Mohammad, 21, and Razan Mohammad Abu-Salha, 19, were killed in a shooting in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Authorities there said the shooting stemmed from an ongoing parking dispute, and are investigating if the incident was a hate crime.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorhernand ... .cjAvlED9G
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i am suprised more of this kind of stuff has not happened in the usa already.imo it is going to happen more often as time goes on.sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I'm not sure if this incident has anything to do with 'islamophobia'. I twas a dispute over parking and the victims just happened to be Muslims. It is fun watching people trying to spin this into something it isn't.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

they said he had lots of islamophobia stuff on his facebook page
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

IF by 'islamophobia' you mean criticisms of Islam. That has nothing to do with being phobic of Islam. Is a person who criticizes christian a 'christianphobic'? 'Islamophobia' is a get out of criticism free card for Muslims, they use it to silence dissent and condemnations of their dogma. Remember, ideologies are not people or a race.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/26 ... amophobia/
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Thank God we have a Prime Minister who is willing to call it like it is, and warn us of being tolerant of any kind of Muslim nonsense. We don't preach hate in our churches, at least we didn't when I used to go to one, but I understand that most, if not all, mosques are hotbeds of hatred and radicalization. Instead of the leftist tolerant line, we need to confront this religion, and all who've been convinced to join it.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Prime minister has made enough mistakes to make even his most loyal supporters mad to one degree or another, but on this topic he's one of the world's best leaders for actually seeing Islam for what it is. Intelligence sources say that 80% of mosques in North America are radicalized, and get funding from the likes of Saudi Arabia and the Muslim Brotherhood.

Most would rather practice taqiyya than tell you what they really believe publicly, but a few of the Imams hold no punches. Here is one...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

get funding from the likes of Saudi Arabia
who we sold 18 million worth of weapons to, so clearly harper is not paying attention to you is he?

Return to “World”