Tic ...Toc ... Israel

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Tic ...Toc ... Israel

Post by Verum »

Jflem1983 wrote:
My buddy worked as a kosher chef in Canada and in Israel as well. He told me israel is full of arabs. In fact he told a funny story . He said all the arab buildings the air handlers on top the building would be painted bright white. On Jewish buildings they were painted black or dark. This was apparently done sp the air force. Would not bomb innocent jews .

I think we are all well aware that there are lots of Muslims and Arabs living in Israel and many of them do so happily and are happy with their country. Yes, this is exactly the kind of them vs us story which is at the core of the problem with Israeli society. Imagine replacing Jewish with White and Arab/Muslim with Black in your story. Would you feel comfortable telling this story among decent folk?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Verum wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:
My buddy worked as a kosher chef in Canada and in Israel as well. He told me israel is full of arabs. In fact he told a funny story . He said all the arab buildings the air handlers on top the building would be painted bright white. On Jewish buildings they were painted black or dark. This was apparently done sp the air force. Would not bomb innocent jews .

I think we are all well aware that there are lots of Muslims and Arabs living in Israel and many of them do so happily and are happy with their country. Yes, this is exactly the kind of them vs us story which is at the core of the problem with Israeli society. Imagine replacing Jewish with White and Arab/Muslim with Black in your story. Would you feel comfortable telling this story among decent folk?

Its pretty harsh isnt it
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Verum wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:

I would be careful buying into antisemitic conspiracy theories. Buildings are painted white in hot countries to keep them cool. There is no policy in Israel for discriminating against anyone because they're Arab. BTW, many Arabs are also Jews. For example, Gad Saad is an Arab Jew who fled Lebanon to Canada to escape persecution and death by the Jew haters. Jew hatred is like the universal hatred on the earth. Doesn't matter if you're left or right politically, religious or non-religious, or white or black, we can all agree that hating Jews is a virtuous thing to do.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Im ok with it. The arabs lauch rockets. The jews fight back. One of em has to win. Thats how it will end.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Glacier wrote:I would be careful buying into antisemitic conspiracy theories. Buildings are painted white in hot countries to keep them cool. There is no policy in Israel for discriminating against anyone because they're Arab. BTW, many Arabs are also Jews. For example, Gad Saad is an Arab Jew who fled Lebanon to Canada to escape persecution and death by the Jew haters. Jew hatred is like the universal hatred on the earth. Doesn't matter if you're left or right politically, religious or non-religious, or white or black, we can all agree that hating Jews is a virtuous thing to do.

Don't worry, I don't believe the story is true for one minute. But some people believe it is and that this kind of behaviour would be both understandable and desirably.
Also, I trust you mean that "hating Jews is not a virtuous thing to do". Hating or mistreating any ethnicity, religion, race, etc. is bad and it is precisely this hate that we need to fight against. We need to be intolerant of intolerance ;)
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Verum wrote:
Glacier wrote:I would be careful buying into antisemitic conspiracy theories. Buildings are painted white in hot countries to keep them cool. There is no policy in Israel for discriminating against anyone because they're Arab. BTW, many Arabs are also Jews. For example, Gad Saad is an Arab Jew who fled Lebanon to Canada to escape persecution and death by the Jew haters. Jew hatred is like the universal hatred on the earth. Doesn't matter if you're left or right politically, religious or non-religious, or white or black, we can all agree that hating Jews is a virtuous thing to do.

Don't worry, I don't believe the story is true for one minute. But some people believe it is and that this kind of behaviour would be both understandable and desirably.
Also, I trust you mean that "hating Jews is not a virtuous thing to do". Hating or mistreating any ethnicity, religion, race, etc. is bad and it is precisely this hate that we need to fight against. We need to be intolerant of intolerance ;)

Ya i just lie about ridiculous stuff like that for my own amusement

Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Verum wrote:Don't worry, I don't believe the story is true for one minute. But some people believe it is and that this kind of behaviour would be both understandable and desirably.

Ya i just lie about ridiculous stuff like that for my own amusement

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I believe you were told that story, I don't believe that what was being claimed in the story is substantially true
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Verum wrote:...the core of the problem with Israeli society...

HA! - if that were true Israel would look a whole lot different than it does today and a bit more like what the jew haters constantly try to paint it as ...or like [enter any other middle eastern nation]

It would be an "Apartheid JEWISH State"
Instead of having non Jews of every type free to pursue their ambitions and be active at every level of Government - academia - Military - Business - Welfare

It would have a rebuilt Temple where it belongs on the Temple Mount
Instead of having the current shameful fiasco where Jews can't even look like they're praying there without risking being thrown-out to prevent the Special-Needs children from throwing another tantrum

Gaza would be a Mediterranean resort destination and Lebanon - Syria - Jordan - Egypt would all be Conquered Vassal States still paying for their brain-dead transgressions.
Instead we STILL have special-needs Tantrums worldwide because an Embassy is moved to Jerusalem the Capital of the State and former Kingdom

Israeli society is made-up of every type of individual and group known to man - sure it could be better in alot of ways (just like anywhere else on the globe) - but good thing it's not the religious or limp-wristed types who run the show. It wasn't they who built-up the place from ruin.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON5NNR3_VFA

Kushner emmbarrased at forum [icon_lol2.gif]
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

sobrohusfat wrote:
Verum wrote:...the core of the problem with Israeli society...

HA! - if that were true Israel would look a whole lot different than it does today and a bit more like what the jew haters constantly try to paint it as ...or like [enter any other middle eastern nation]

It would be an "Apartheid JEWISH State"
Instead of having non Jews of every type free to pursue their ambitions and be active at every level of Government - academia - Military - Business - Welfare There are those who argue, somewhat convincingly that it already is such a state, though I do believe that they have a ways to go yet before I would agree with them. Certainly politicians are not free to pursue an Arab state and doing so will get them removed from their position, no matter how many people they represent or are supported by. Similarly, Arabs do not have a right to reclaim the lands taken from them and their ancestors.

It would have a rebuilt Temple where it belongs on the Temple Mount
Instead of having the current shameful fiasco where Jews can't even look like they're praying there without risking being thrown-out to prevent the Special-Needs children from throwing another tantrum

Gaza would be a Mediterranean resort destination and Lebanon - Syria - Jordan - Egypt would all be Conquered Vassal States still paying for their brain-dead transgressions.
Instead we STILL have special-needs Tantrums worldwide because an Embassy is moved to Jerusalem the Capital of the State and former Kingdom

Israeli society is made-up of every type of individual and group known to man - sure it could be better in alot of ways (just like anywhere else on the globe) - but good thing it's not the religious or limp-wristed types who run the show. It wasn't they who built-up the place from ruin.

Yes, Israel could have gone much further and done far more terrible things than it has. This is hardly an argument in support of Israel. Similarly, plenty of other groups could have behaved in a worse fashion than they did, but that is hardly an argument to support them. South Africa, since you bring up apartheid, could have brought back Black slavery and made it legal to rape or kill Blacks, but that doesn't mean we should sing the praises of apartheid era South Africa.

Israel's politics are very heavily influenced by religion and religious groups have traditionally held huge amounts of power. To describe it as being built "up from ruin" shows a complete lack of understanding of the history of Israel and Palestine. I suggest you look into the history, ideally from a non-biased source, avoiding propaganda on either side, and see if you still feel the same way about the place. It's not a simple situation.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

LOL, Israel is one of the most secular nations on earth. Most Jews are secular including the Prime Minister. It's laughable to get yer knickers in a knot over the few religious Jews who have no say in government policy while completely ignoring the religiously motivated Jew hatred that demands Israel be held to a much higher level of scrutiny than any other nation on earth.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Glacier wrote:LOL, Israel is one of the most secular nations on earth. Most Jews are secular including the Prime Minister. It's laughable to get yer knickers in a knot over the few religious Jews who have no say in government policy while completely ignoring the religiously motivated Jew hatred that demands Israel be held to a much higher level of scrutiny than any other nation on earth.

So, why does Israel insist that all imported food is kosher?
Why does it insist that people of differing religions may not marry?
Why do they give preference to Jews for those wishing to migrate to Israel?
You can claim it is preservation of culture, but when a culture and group of religions such as Judaism are so interconnected, it is often impossible to divorce the two. To pretend that religious groups have little power in Israel takes special wilful ignorance.

You can describe Israel as secular, and in some respects it is, but in some respects so was Iraq. I wouldn't hold up either as examples of enlightened practice. It is laughable to claim that "religiously motivated Jew hatred that demands Israel be held to a much higher level of scrutiny than any other nation on earth". Quite simply, any country who acts towards any group of people as Israel acts towards Palestinians deserves serious scrutiny and even some criticism. In truth, so do the Palestinian authorities and even many other countries too. To ignorantly claim that criticism of Israel is particularly driven by anti-Semitism is absurd and apologist in nature. It is a frequently used cry by those who wish to see all such scrutiny and criticism stopped rather than discussed and rationally dealt with and quite simply this approach is intellectually dishonest. Do you condemn criticism of Canada as anti-Christian? Do you consider criticism of Iran as anti-Islam? The fact is that if any country behaves as Israel behaves, I would and do openly criticise them for it. I am at least as willing to criticise the likes of Hamas, Hezbollah, Farc, Syria, and many others, but pretending that Israel is beyond reproach is frankly absurd.
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Verum wrote:...To describe it as being built "up from ruin" shows a complete lack of understanding of the history of Israel and Palestine. I suggest you look into the history ...

You're right, my complete lack of historical understanding causes me to ignore such rich heritage passed down to the descendants of the ancient Palestites who once ruled over the small kingdom of Palestocia and who were finally able to resettle the land once Good ol" Titus cast out those meddling Heebs from the great Palestite Capital - Al Qudista.

...what a paradise they then created - truly a wonder of the world

sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Verum wrote:So, why does Israel insist that all imported food is kosher?
Why does it insist that people of differing religions may not marry?
Why do they give preference to Jews for those wishing to migrate to Israel?
You can claim it is preservation of culture, but when a culture and group of religions such as Judaism are so interconnected, it is often impossible to divorce the two. To pretend that religious groups have little power in Israel takes special wilful ignorance.

But Israel is not a Theocratic Kingdom governed by a Council of the Sanhedrin

The religious Orthodox are often at odds with "the State" in regards to things like Jews working on the Sabbath etc.

Israelis are free to be Jewish as they wish - even free to be as hedonistically Atheist as you and i are free.
T'would be a whole other story if the Rabbis ran the show.

But it's still the unique Jewish State and they want to stay that way - whether you approve of how they respond to the threats and violence they endure or not - duh
Last edited by sobrohusfat on Dec 19th, 2017, 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Verum wrote:To ignorantly claim that criticism of Israel is particularly driven by anti-Semitism is absurd and apologist in nature. It is a frequently used cry by those who wish to see all such scrutiny and criticism stopped rather than discussed and rationally dealt with and quite simply this approach is intellectually dishonest. Do you condemn criticism of Canada as anti-Christian? Do you consider criticism of Iran as anti-Islam? The fact is that if any country behaves as Israel behaves, I would and do openly criticise them for it. I am at least as willing to criticise the likes of Hamas, Hezbollah, Farc, Syria, and many others, but pretending that Israel is beyond reproach is frankly absurd.

STRAWMAN ALERT

Return to “World”