Baby born on Air Canada flight

Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Baby born on Air Canada flight

Post by Always Sunny »

**I thought there was a thread on this, but couldn't find it. Apologies if this is a duplicate**

So there's this Victoria couple who "didn't know they were pregnant" and gave birth to their baby en route to Tokyo.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.3071595

Ok, so let's just say for a minute that we all believe that story. I mean, medically speaking it has happened. But in a majority of cases it's been women who are 1.) larger and didn't notice a relatively small gain or 2.) second time (or more) mothers whose pregnancy was nothing like previous ones and had something to compare to. Anyways...we'll pretend this is legit.

I was watching yet another news story on this today and saw how the couple has no insurance and the father is unemployed. The video goes on to state that the medical bills in Japan were roughly $3000CDN (yep $3000, not $30000...so pretty reasonable if you ask me).

In comes the knight in shining armour we know as GoFundMe.

I saw a screen shot of the GoFundMe in the video and thought "that's can't be right?!"

FIFTY THOUSAND actual DOLLARS is what these people are looking for.

I want off this planet.

99.9% of GoFundMe comments are supportive from what I've ever read. People are not holding back on this one!
Attachments
crazy mofos.jpg
V-Rated
Guru

Re: Baby born on Air Canada flight

Post by V-Rated »

Now seriously... for the life of me how does one not know they are pregnanat?!
A baby is a beautiful event, love those born healthy in unexpected places stories...

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

So is the baby"s nationality considered Air Canadian?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

V-Rated wrote:Now seriously... for the life of me how does one not know they are pregnanat?!
A baby is a beautiful event, love those born healthy in unexpected places stories...

~V~

If all the symptoms they have is a little weight gain and precautions were taken, I can see why it was a surprise if the pregnancy test came back negative.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Auto1
Board Meister

Post by Auto1 »

Those idiots. Seriously. If pregnancy was even suspected, why didn't they go to a DOCTOR (which she did for another reason last month, apparently), and take a real pregnancy test? And WHY WEREN'T THEY USING PROTECTION?

Apparently he is unemployed, she has a part time job, and this baby might not have that great of a future.

The parents were trying to milk this situation. They were originally asking $50,000 on their gofundme. They recently changed it to $5000. Because, you know, it is societies responsibility to pay for your "unexpected" child.

The mom seems less than excited - but she sure is worried about her nails! It is important to check them 2 to 3 times in a short interview. Granted, she probably didn't expect to be on international television... But...

Talk to people that know them... (Or at least him). Apparently someone needs to tell them that 'Adoption is an option'!

What kind of person would go (while unemployed) to another country for a trip paid for by their girlfriend's family? Why wasn't he looking for a job, saving up, and going when they could afford it?

Yes, my point of view seems mean. But these people don't seem like they are financially, mentally, physically, or spiritually ready for a child. In my opinion, it would be best to let a family who desperately wants a child to raise this one.

Poor little kid.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Auto1 wrote:Seriously. If pregnancy was even suspected, why didn't they go to a DOCTOR (which she did for another reason last month, apparently), and take a real pregnancy test? And WHY WEREN'T THEY USING PROTECTION?

I didn't read they weren't using protection nor that a pregnancy was suspected. Please quote that - I missed it.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Fancy wrote:I didn't read they weren't using protection nor that a pregnancy was suspected. Please quote that - I missed it.

The couple had suspected pregnancy a month ago, and used a Clear Blue home pregnancy test, but the results were negative, said Branch.

Straight from the article I posted. As a woman I've never taken a pregnancy test for *bleep* and giggles. They suspected something was going on.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Obviously my mind was elsewhere. I did read that. Any test isn't foolproof but seeing a negative result that far into the pregnancy makes one wonder.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Fancy wrote:Obviously my mind was elsewhere. I did read that. Any test isn't foolproof but seeing a negative result that far into the pregnancy makes one wonder.

These two haven't come off as the brightest or most logical thinkers based on their interviews.

It wouldn't be much of a stretch to think that they don't understand how to work a pregnancy test properly. That is, if that part of the story is even true.
V-Rated
Guru

Post by V-Rated »

I don't buy that Fancy.... there are so many other body symptoms when one is pregnant to obvious not to notice.
Unless you are in a coma from the neck down.... you would know!

~V~
~Each morning I wake, my feet touch the floor, Satan shudders and says, *bleep*! She's awake!~
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Always Sunny wrote:It wouldn't be much of a stretch to think that they don't understand how to work a pregnancy test properly. That is, if that part of the story is even true.

Maybe they thought he was the one to pee on the stick? LOL

Maybe it's not his kid, knew she was pregnant but was keeping it on the down low, tell's boyfriend the test was negative, then OOPS would you look at that, I just popped out a kid!

I don't really know or even care what the real story is, just having fun making stuff up for your reading pleasure!
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Always Sunny wrote:It wouldn't be much of a stretch to think that they don't understand how to work a pregnancy test properly. That is, if that part of the story is even true.

TreeGuy wrote:Maybe they thought he was the one to pee on the stick? LOL

Maybe it's not his kid, knew she was pregnant but was keeping it on the down low, tell's boyfriend the test was negative, then OOPS would you look at that, I just popped out a kid!

I don't really know or even care what the real story is, just having fun making stuff up for your reading pleasure!

Bahahaha imagine!

I'm just bummed out they turned off the comments on the GoFundMe...it was entertaining!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

V-Rated wrote:I don't buy that Fancy.... there are so many other body symptoms when one is pregnant to obvious not to notice.
Unless you are in a coma from the neck down.... you would know!

~V~

I watched one of these shows (one too many):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Didn't_K ... s_Pregnant
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

My new favorite quote from the father:

"It's been a challenge, but who can't take care of a baby?" Branch said. "If you have cats, you can take care of a baby."

You could feed that kid Whiskas until she's college age for that $50,000 and still have enough left over for a nice little scratching post.

Return to “World”