ISIS at their best

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: ISIS at their best

Post by Glacier »

Madhue wrote:because hate groups are working very hard to generate rationales for not wanting immigration into their country, they create fake stories, and circulate old ones with half truths... This creates the illusion that chaos is happening all over because the Aye-rabs and IssssLambs are coming!

Weird. You don't seem to have a problem with immigration advocates like Fin Donnelly lying to gain more support for immigration, but you have a problem with those opposed to mass immigration using old news stories to promote their side.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

Glacier wrote:Weird. You don't seem to have a problem with immigration advocates like Fin Donnelly lying to gain more support for immigration, but you have a problem with those opposed to mass immigration using old news stories to promote their side.
*bleep* really?

That's twice you've flogged this dead horse

Madhue wrote:That appears to be him lying about responded to the crisis not fabricating the events of the crisis. Sure hopes that impacts him holding office. Don't need self serving politicians holding positions better filled by ones willing to serve the people.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64034

Do I need to make this more clear to you? Anytime you'd like to start paying attention to to what's being posted that'd be nice.
You gonna ask me again or is this clear enough...?
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
- General George Patton Jr
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Madhue wrote:Do I need to make this more clear to you? Anytime you'd like to start paying attention to to what's being posted that'd be nice.
You gonna ask me again or is this clear enough...?

Well having people faking pictures to get public opinion on their side is wrong obviously, but just because some people fake pictures doesn't mean that the overarching argument is invalid.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

Glacier wrote:Well having people faking pictures to get public opinion on their side is wrong obviously, but just because some people fake pictures doesn't mean that the overarching argument is invalid.
it is if it's manufactured or rehashed to fuel a nonsense argument. It is if the whole story is misrepresented to manipulate the truth ... Btw I accept your implied apology for falsely accusing me TWICE. That was very classy and big of you.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Madhue wrote: it is if it's manufactured or rehashed to fuel a nonsense argument.

True, but that's not why I oppose mass immigration. I do it based upon the facts outlined in Marked for Death, which have been summarized in other threads.

BTW, we will have to agree to disagree on whether lying about the government denying a family's refugee application is morally equivalent to bringing up a three year old news story as if it's today's news (because as we all know the Middle East is far more stable and peaceful today than it was three years ago so this stuff doesn't go on any more).

P.S. I don't support bombing in anyway. over there. It's better to send food and shelter than to bring them here because we can help 4 times the population with the same amount of money that way.
- Douglas Murray
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Glacier wrote:

It's better to send food and shelter than to bring them here because we can help 4 times the population with the same amount of money that way.

I would definitely agree with you there. Look at the mess in Europe now. They are overwhelmed and unable to cope and do much of anything for these people. Some billionaire hotel owner puts up 50 people, 50 people out of 100's of thousands, really. I applaud what he is doing but lets get real it is not even a "tiny" drop in the bucket.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Just saw this one on feacebook.

peacewithislam.jpg
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

, we will have to agree to disagree on whether lying about the government denying a family's refugee

no one lied so time get your twisted facts straight . i posted a link to what really happened . it really that simple.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Glacier wrote:Just saw this one on feacebook.

peacewithislam.jpg

again you want start war with 2 billion people where as the sane folks want actually deal with the problem in a mature and smart way . your type of rhetoric will do zero except start us down a path to never ending war .
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

lakevixen wrote:no one lied so time get your twisted facts straight . i posted a link to what really happened . it really that simple.
Yes someone did. Knowingly misleading the public is lying. It's like if my wife asks me what time it is, and I say it's about 5:30, but I don't tell her that I'm talking about Eastern time, then I'm lying because I'm knowingly deceiving her since I know that she's asking about Pacific time.
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

lakevixen wrote: again you want start war with 2 billion people where as the sane folks want actually deal with the problem in a mature and smart way . your type of rhetoric will do zero except start us down a path to never ending war .

Wrong. I do not endorse this picture.
- Douglas Murray
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Yes someone did. Knowingly misleading the public is lying. It's like if my wife asks me what time it is, and I say it's about 5:30, but I don't tell her that I'm talking about Eastern time, then I'm lying because I'm knowingly deceiving her since I know that she's asking about Pacific time.
who mislead? i posted a link to what really happened . read it and be enlightened or not and remain ignorant your choice
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

lakevixen wrote: wrong again. if the yanks had stuck to just afghanistan , isis would be nothing . but since they did go into iraq , then if they had put in a leader that was unbiased toward the kurds , sunni , and shia, again nothing like isil would have sprung up . and they really do want attention , and best way is for them to video stuff and send it out on internet .

Nobody said that intervention didn't help them along, but to suggest they wouldn't be beheading people if we weren't there is uneducated.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Madhue
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Madhue »

Glacier wrote:Just saw this one on feacebook.

peacewithislam.jpg
that's the trouble when fight a concept vs a nation.
In truth what's wrong with this dogma vs dogma from ISIL? Same hate different targets?

Glacier wrote:BTW, we will have to agree to disagree on whether lying about the government denying a family's refugee application is morally equivalent to bringing up a three year old news story as if it's today's news (because as we all know the Middle East is far more stable and peaceful today than it was three years ago so this stuff doesn't go on any more).

And this where some scholars would disagree, they've pointed out while through our lense we just see brown people yelling Allah Akbar and waving guns, but in truth we are seeing in the past three years toltarian dictatorships and corrupt regimes fall, being replaced by governments more moderate.
Rosemary1
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: ISIS at their best - the short and long of it

Post by Rosemary1 »

9/11 happened
Bush junior wants to show dad he can 'finish' the job in Iraq
puppet masters Cheney, Rumsfeld etc.set up an honorable man Powell with false information to justify going into Iraq

Obama who orchestrated 9/11 and should have been only focus is in Afghanistan and eventually makes his way into Pakistan)
Saddam Hussein who had nothing to do with 9/11 captured . Bush junior shows up daddy bush (who was actually smart enough to know when to get out)

All hell breaks loose, Iraq borders open for every extremist to infiltrate, expand and do what they do best bringing unimaginable destruction and terror to the region
And the story continues to unfold with no resolution , huge losses in human life, complete disruption in the middle east and hundreds of thousands living in fear and left homeless looking to escape

So maybe one moral to this story is that every western country who supported Bush junior in going to Iraq should also share the blame along with ISIS and assume some responsibility for helping the refugees.
If we ask the right questions we can change the world with the right answers

Return to “World”