More bad boys watcha guna do

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

More bad boys watcha guna do

Post by maryjane48 »

http://therundownlive.com/police-to-ent ... r-program/

if this is true , how is it not break and entering and theft ?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: More bad boys watcha guna do

Post by the truth »

I do not like the idea at all,cops have better things to do than this, if someone wants to leave things in open view for the junkies to steal it ooooooooo well
cops, like anyone else who has a job do what there told when they get too work in the morning
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

well i think a note and locking the doors is fine but taking stuff seems lil overboard
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

It is probably an excuse to search for illegal substances? This concept seems to be spreading. I always lock & alarm. It is a violation. If a community service officer accidentally leaves an ear-ring behind... LoL. They want us to be happy about it too. Thieves only look in the vehicle first for visible items... so why do police have to enter the vehicle?
In the photo the officer looks like he's in search mode. I searched for this article and found other places doing it too... although not necessarily swiping stuff.
It is all fun and games until someone loses their insulin, defibrillator, medicine, monthly rent... or who knows what else that would potentially ruin your life.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

maryjane48 wrote:well i think a note and locking the doors is fine but taking stuff seems lil overboard

I agree, but cops like the rest of us do what there told by there bosses
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I think that the Connecticut Police must have a lot of time on their hands that they do not know what to do with.

I can foresee a lot of problems involved in the whole scenario of the police seizing, storing and returning personal property in the absence of the owner.

Canada is significantly different.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/09/s ... r-vehicle/

Seems to coincide with a Supreme Court ruling that a warrant is not required. I don't think it is a coincidence.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To Jlabute ...

That is the Supreme Court of New Jersey.

Not so in Canada where "in sight through the window" is the rule regarding searching a vehicle for illegal or illegally stored items only. A search warrant is required in Canada under Court Evidence Rules.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Donald G wrote:To Jlabute ...

Not so in Canada where "in sight through the window" is the rule regarding searching a vehicle for illegal or illegally stored items only. A search warrant is required in Canada under Court Evidence Rules.

You're right! Of course, this is the International forum. Dixon was in the news too. It seems to be a growing trend in the USA.
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Donald G wrote:To Jlabute ...

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/loca ... 02892.html

Return to “World”