Terrorists in MidEast 1000 years

Static
Guru

Re: Terrorists in MidEast 1000 years

Post by Static »

FreeRights wrote:
So you're implying a few things here that I just want to clarify.

Based on the US-made definition that you supplied, whereas terrorism does not have to include the application of terror or fear on a group or groups of people, then any ideologically-charged active shooter incidents would be considered terrorism?

Second, where you state that the US is guilty of terrorism and "war crimes," what do you see are the differences between the two charges?

No, you know just as well as I do that active shooter incidents are not considered terrorism.

Please, look into war crimes an tell me the difference. Either way, both are horrible acts.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Smurf wrote:What I think we should do is ask our new refugee friends here in Canada who they think the terrorists are. Wonder if they would name Canada and the USA.

The Syrian refugees? They are escaping a brutal regime, not Isis. The US is involved by supporting the Free Syria coalition.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Static wrote:The Syrian refugees? They are escaping a brutal regime, not Isis. .

Clearly you haven't been talking to the Christian and Yazidi refugees then.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Static, you forgot to answer my other questions. I replied to you. You say you are against both but that is just a cop out and I believe you know it. Do you or do you not agree with Canada and all the other countries, Islamic, Christian, or whomever, that are fighting ISIS and terrorism in general.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Static wrote:

The Syrian refugees? They are escaping a brutal regime, not Isis. The US is involved by supporting the Free Syria coalition.

You truly do not have a clue what is happening over there do you. If what you say sis true please explain how come so many refugees are starting to return home to towns where ISIS has lost control. The regime is still in power so what has changed.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

Static wrote:No, you know just as well as I do that active shooter incidents are not considered terrorism.

Please, look into war crimes an tell me the difference. Either way, both are horrible acts.

Under the definition that you provided and think is reasonable, active shooting incidents would be considered terrorism. Under mine, it is not.

I've already explained in detail the distinction between terrorism and war crimes, and you've repeatedly disagreed and belittled my point. I know the difference, but at this time, you've not demonstrated that you do.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Static wrote:

No, you know just as well as I do that active shooter incidents are not considered terrorism.

WADR there are a number of definitions of terrorism and terrorist. You seem to have chosen one with which very few people agree.

Terrorism involves a value judgement. It is not a fixed entity with one description.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Smurf wrote:Static, you forgot to answer my other questions. I replied to you. You say you are against both but that is just a cop out and I believe you know it. Do you or do you not agree with Canada and all the other countries, Islamic, Christian, or whomever, that are fighting ISIS and terrorism in general.

I believe that we should keep our noses out of it. There are ulterior motives in the wa and we have not been a target of terrorism. It's not our problem.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Smurf wrote:
You truly do not have a clue what is happening over there do you. If what you say sis true please explain how come so many refugees are starting to return home to towns where ISIS has lost control. The regime is still in power so what has changed.

I know the regime is still in power, they have the support of Russia. Please, tell me what is going on there.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

I really don't know what you want to know. Russia has always supported the Assad government. They have supported them politically, with military aid and I believe they have even vetoed resolutions at the UN. Syria and Russia have been allies for decades.As far as why, I believe Russia needs all the allies it can get in the area. Russia also has an important Mediterranean naval port in Syria.

If you are talking about refugees returning home I'm sure you could have found it out or yourself or do you like someone doing your work for you.
https://www.rt.com/news/322401-syria-re ... turn-isis/

Around 1 million Syrians have returned to their home cities liberated by the Syrian military with Russian air support, Syria’s UN ambassador said Monday, adding that Damascus is determined to work with any state that takes combatting terrorism seriously

Even Damascus believes the US and others should be there fighting terrorism. I doubt they would be saying that if they considered them terrorists.

He believes that Syria's war against terrorism “is in the entire world’s interests” because “every time the Syrian army engages a foreign terrorist, it saves dozens of innocent lives who might be threatened whenever [the foreign terrorist] returns home.” Jaafari also said that those carrying out terror attacks on cities around the world such as Paris “were among thousands of Europeans who came to Syria to wage jihad.”

Again even Syria sees these terrorists as a threat to the whole world. Too bad some on here can't seem to realize it.

I believe part of the reason is more and more countries do not want them and times are tough in many of the camps. If that is true I feel sorry for them, but it is possibly time they start to help fight their own battle. There are just too many for the rest of the world to just take in and look after. They are causing huge problems in host countries. There are no countries out there capable of taking these huge numbers and surviving themselves. It is a terrible situation and that is why it is so important that we and all the others are there to rid the country of terrorists, but it is going to take the help of the people themselves if they want their country back. The biggest problem is the country itself is split, again mostly on religious lines. Back to Islam as it has been for centuries. Religion has been and it seems still is a plague in the world.

Static
Guru

Post by Static »

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Feb 4th, 2016, 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

WADR you seem to have written a book to say that there are a number of definitions to the words "terrorist" and "terrorism" Static.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Donald G wrote:WADR you seem to have written a book to say that there are a number of definitions to the words "terrorist" and "terrorism" Static.

Do some research on your own for once and you will find that there is a simplified definition, then many others that go in depth. France has their own to justify their actions, the States has one too. But, nonetheless, they are more or less the same. The UN is currently trying to come up with a standard detailed definition of Terrorism, but guess who has veto power?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

by Static » 1 minute ago

Do some research on your own for once and you will find that there is a simplified definition, then many others that go in depth.

And some theorists lacking knowledge of the real world make up their own definition of terrorist and terrorism to try to justify the usually far fetched and unrealistic point that they are trying to make.
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

Sorry Donald, definitions are an integral part of communication and are not a theory.

definition
[def-uh-nish-uh n]

noun
the act of defining, or of making something definite, distinct, or clear:

Return to “World”