Pakistan explosion leaves many dead at Lahore park

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Pakistan explosion leaves many dead at Lahore park

Post by Glacier »

A Muslim is not allowed to attack a Muslim, but they attack apostates and non-Muslims.

Islam is bad for Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Syria is only 10% Christian, so most of the attacks by ISIS are at Shia Muslims who they consider apostates, and who make up the majority of the population. Christians also face persecution and attacks, but if they submit they can usually survive as dhimmis, though the yoke is often so heavy that they will convert or in extreme cases commit suicide to escape.

While the absolute number of attacks is greater on Muslims, the attacks on Christians, Yazidis, Jews, etc. are more severe, which is why those populations are in steep decline in the Middle East.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

Muslims are still dying in far greater numbers than Christians... that's what pepsilover is denying.

He was telling people they don't know what they're talking about and need to get educated, while not even remotely understanding the situation himself.

I don't deny that Christians are being attacked, nor that the attacks are frequent and severe. I'm only saying that Muslims are dying in far greater numbers... this is not just a war on Christianity that's being fought like he's saying. He doesn't understand the enormity of what's really going on and the impact it's having on so many groups.

At this point, I think it's just more about geography... they're more easily able to attack Muslims who don't share their beliefs, but they don't hesitate to attack anyone who doesn't share their way of thinking. They would be killing more Christians if there were more to attack. It's really a numbers game and Muslims are bearing the brunt of it.
Last edited by Jonrox on Mar 30th, 2016, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

It's a war on all non-Muslims.. and apostates. Pepsilover is wrong on that fact. When Christians made up 20% of the Middle East population they were the ones dying the most, but now that they are only 4%, they aren't. There just aren't enough of them to make up the lion's share of the deaths.

Of course, absolute numbers do not tell the entire picture. In Nazi Germany Jews did not make up the majority of the deaths even though they were targeted the most.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Jonrox wrote:Muslims are still dying in far greater numbers than Christians... that's what pepsilover is denying.

He was telling people they don't know what they're talking about and need to get educated, while not even remotely understanding the situation himself.

I don't deny that Christians are being attacked, nor that the attacks are frequent and severe. I'm only saying that Muslims are dying in far greater numbers... this is not just a war on Christianity that's being fought like he's saying. He doesn't understand the enormity of what's really going on and the impact it's having on so many groups.

At this point, I think it's just more about geography... they're more easily able to attack Muslims who don't share their beliefs, but they don't hesitate to attack anyone who doesn't share their way of thinking. They would be killing more Christians if there were more to attack. It's really a numbers game and Muslims are bearing the brunt of it.

Quit re-writing history. I said that Christians were TARGETED, and I maintain that. YOU brought up the challenge that more muslims than Christians were killed by terrorists so I asked you to produce the numbers. You tried but failed because you did not read your own sources. The reason there are no firm numbers is because 'religious affiliation' is not something that has been determined nor could it be in a number of cases. Any reports were BOGUS that you posted.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

It's still a numbers game... more Muslims are being targeted and killed than Christians. I didn't fail at anything. I think it's time for us to all agree you're wrong and move on. This is not just the war on Christianity you believe it to be... it's much larger than that.

Glacier's last couple of posts summarize the situation really well. He's right and you need to understand that.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Glacier wrote:It's a war on all non-Muslims.. and apostates. Pepsilover is wrong on that fact. When Christians made up 20% of the Middle East population they were the ones dying the most, but now that they are only 4%, they aren't. There just aren't enough of them to make up the lion's share of the deaths.

Wrong on what fact? I know who the enemies of ISIS are, I know they are not JUST Christians, however this topic is about Christians being targeted, and in this case that's exactly who was targeted. I'm also aware of the changing demographics, but I don't consider numbers from the Iraq war going back to 2002 to be the issue here. It's obvious more muslims were killed during that war on their homeland. I'm talking over the last five years where Christians are most certainly targeted as have been their churches. How many left now out of 600 churches? Three? Any?

If we are talking current terrorism and who is the target, it is mainly Christians and Jews (because they are the most influential religious groups in the world other than Islam) AND muslims who don't toe the line, such as the shopkeeper who made the eternal error of wishing a Christian a Happy Easter.

Far as I've seen, I don't see ISIS targeting atheists do you?
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Jonrox wrote:
Glacier's last couple of posts summarize the situation really well. He's right and you need to understand that.

It's really too bad you can't speak for yourself and have to have somebody smarter and more informed than you answer the question. You represented (ie LIED) about what I claimed. It was YOU who was claiming numbers and failed to prove it, not me.

Are you ready to admit that Christians are being TARGETED yet? Yes or no?

THIS was my post to you, and you went on to bring up 'numbers' but unfortunately your links were bogus and none proved the point. That's when you got all indignant because you couldn't do proper research, then you lied to another poster. IF you had gone to youtube and listened to John Kerry (do you even KNOW who he is?????) you would have seen exactly what he said, but you didn't, you were too intent on posting bogus links. Here is what I said to you, liar, and there was never any reference by me about 'numbers' that was YOU:

"Jonrox, please provide links that back up those numbers.

I am highly aware that muslims who *bleep* off the radical element are also getting murdered, especially if they have sympathies with Christians. Why else would muslims not speak out? Why else would they be so quiet when people are asking why aren't they publicly condemning terrorist attacks. They are afraid of these terrorists and rightly so. I get it, but Christians ARE the ones targeted and this IS a religious war. People need to get out their Bibles and Qu'rans and study a bit more to realize just how much of a religious war this actually is."
Last edited by pepsilover on Mar 30th, 2016, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

If you're talking about who is targeted, then you are correct. I thought I saw Jonrox say you said most victims of terrorism are Christians. My bad if I'm reading wrong. You are absolutely right that religious minorities are targeted more, but in terms of absolute deaths Muslims now make up the lions share because most religious minorities in the Middle East have been targeted close to extinction. eg. 100 years ago 20% of the ME was Christian; today it's 4%. A similar tend shows for Jews, Yazidis, Zoroastrians, etc.
Last edited by Glacier on Mar 30th, 2016, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

pepsilover wrote:
Far as I've seen, I don't see ISIS targeting atheists do you?

That's because there are none to target, in their "minds". You are either Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist...there is no such thing as an atheist. Everyone who isn't Muslim is an "infidel".
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

For ease of clarity, I think it's also very important to understand how terrorism works - and how "targeting" rarely means targeting through violence.

When we see these attacks in Pakistan, or the ones in Brussels, or 9/11 (etc), the attackers are not specifically targeting the victims of the attacks. Many attacks are specific to geography - demonstrating that they are capable of striking in Belgium, in New York, Paris, London, etc. In essence, the demographics of the victims are irrelevant because the actual target or end-goal of terrorist attacks are the broadcast of fear.

What is true is that creation of fear is always directed toward one group, and it's true that in this case, the "target" is Western nations, predominantly Christian, though the casualties do not reflect that.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

FreeRights wrote:
What is true is that creation of fear is always directed toward one group, and it's true that in this case, the "target" is Western nations, predominantly Christian, though the casualties do not reflect that.

And here we go again. Somebody claiming 'numbers' yet not providing proof. How about some proof of your claims? Let's try to stick to the time frame that doesn't include casualties of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan because that is not what I am referring to. You do realize that this topic is about something that happened not even a week ago don't you? My POINT, through all of this has been to CREATE AN AWARENESS for those who are unaware, that there has been an ongoing war TARGETING CHRISTIANS in particularly Syria and Iraq - by terror groups, over the last five or more years. Much of this has gone unreported over the last number of years but lately it is coming to mainstream media. A simple google search or youtube search will inform many of you that Christians have been SPECIFICALLY TARGETED and especially in those two countries (which are not the West, but they are coming here - in droves).

And Heaven forbid if you are a muslim converted to Christianity. Or a muslim who wishes a Christian a Happy Easter. The story about the shopkeeper stated he was murdered BECAUSE he wished Christians a Happy Easter. If that is not TARGETED I don't know what is.

Do not try to water this down or minimize it to be about everybody else. I know for a fact Christians are the main target of ISIS, as are the Jews (that MAY 'represent the West' to some). Above all it is a RELIGIOUS war, and like I've said before get out your Bibles and Qu'rans and read them. It's all there.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

**AWARENESS CAMPAIGN** (NOTE: "GENOCIDE")

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/catholicne ... -genocide/

Washington D.C., Mar 17, 2016 / 08:58 am (CNA/EWTN News).- Secretary of State John Kerry declared Thursday that Christians, Yezidis, Shi’a Muslims, and other religious and ethnic minorities are victims of ISIS genocide.

Secretary Kerry announced at a news conference that “in my judgment, Daesh is responsible for genocide against groups in areas under its control including Yazidis, Christians, and Shia Muslims.” Daesh is another name for the Islamic State, or ISIS.

The announcement is groundbreaking because the term is rarely used to describe ongoing atrocities committed by a state or non-state actor. It is the “crime of crimes,” according to the United Nations, because it involves the intentional destruction, “in whole or in part,” of an entire people.

Thursday’s announcement came after reports from earlier in the week surfaced that the State Department was expected to miss the March 17 deadline for announcing whether or not it would declare genocide. Congress mandated the deadline in the Omnibus spending bill passed in December.

Significantly, the move followed the European Parliament’s declaration of genocide issued in early February. Advocates for Middle Eastern Christians say that the declarations by both the U.S. and the European Union could put further pressure on the United Nations Security Council to declare genocide and refer the matter to the International Criminal Court where the perpetrators could be tried.

Thursday marked the first time the U.S. has declared a genocide is taking place since 2004 in Darfur.

Initially, there had been some question as to whether Christians should be included as genocide victims. A report last fall suggested that the State Department’s declaration would only include Yazidis, based on reports from the Middle East that were limited in both their timespan and geographical scope.

The Knights of Columbus, along with the advocacy group In Defense of Christians, released a 300-page report last week documenting atrocities committed against Christians by the Islamic State. That report was sent to the State Department which had requested it.

In the report were personal accounts of displacement, theft, murder of family members, torture, sexual slavery, and numerous other acts of violence committed by ISIS against Christians in Iraq, Syria, and North Africa.

Advocacy groups hailed the declaration as an international call to action to prevent further genocide against the minority groups.

“Today's announcement by Secretary of State John Kerry is correct and truly historic,” stated Carl Anderson, Supreme Knight of the Knights of Columbus, in response. “For one of the few times in our history, the United States has designated an ongoing situation as genocide, and the State Department is to be commended for having the courage to say so.”

The U.S. House of Representatives unanimously passed a resolution Monday expressing “the sense of Congress” that Christians, Yezidis, and other Middle Eastern minorities are genocide victims. The Parliamentary Assembly Council of Europe and the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom have also acknowledged ISIS’ actions as genocide.

“By joining its voice to that of the House of Representatives, the American people, and the international community, the United States today makes clear to ISIS that its attempt to stamp out religious minorities must cease,” Anderson stated.

“(Secretary Kerry) used the word that has the moral authority to raise the international consciousness and compel the international community of responsible nations to act,” the group In Defense of Christians said in its response to the genocide label.

“By proclaiming that they are victims of genocide, the United States has done a great justice to the victims of the atrocities committed by ISIS, including the over 1100 Christians who have been killed because of their faith,” the statement continued. “Hearing the voice of the United States speak this truth will restore the hope in the hearts of those who are still fearing for their lives and struggling to survive in the Middle East.”

Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R-Neb.), sponsor of the House resolution on genocide commuted by ISIS, also hailed the secretary’s declaration.

“I sincerely hope that the genocide designation will raise international consciousness, end the scandal of silence, and create the preconditions for the protection and reintegration of these ancient faith communities into their ancestral homelands,” he stated.

“Christians, Yezidis, and others remain an essential part of the Middle East's rich tapestry of religious and ethnic diversity. They now have new cause for hope.”
Last edited by pepsilover on Mar 30th, 2016, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

pepsilover wrote:And here we go again. Somebody claiming 'numbers' yet not providing proof. How about some proof of your claims? Let's try to stick to the time frame that doesn't include casualties of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan because that is not what I am referring to. You do realize that this topic is about something that happened not even a week ago don't you? My POINT, through all of this has been to CREATE AN AWARENESS for those who are unaware, that there has been an ongoing war TARGETING CHRISTIANS in particularly Syria and Iraq - by terror groups, over the last five or more years. Much of this has gone unreported over the last number of years but lately it is coming to mainstream media. A simple google search or youtube search will inform many of you that Christians have been SPECIFICALLY TARGETED and especially in those two countries (which are not the West, but they are coming here - in droves).

And Heaven forbid if you are a muslim converted to Christianity. Or a muslim who wishes a Christian a Happy Easter. The story about the shopkeeper stated he was murdered BECAUSE he wished Christians a Happy Easter. If that is not TARGETED I don't know what is.

Do not try to water this down or minimize it to be about everybody else. I know for a fact Christians are the main target of ISIS, as are the Jews (that MAY 'represent the West' to some). Above all it is a RELIGIOUS war, and like I've said before get out your Bibles and Qu'rans and read them. It's all there.

Congrats for very clearly not reading, or comprehending, anything that I wrote.

There are indeed cases where Christians were heavily among the casualties. There are also many examples of when Muslims are heavily among the casualties. Between the victims of the Islamic State's fighting in Syria and Iraq, as well as many of the attacks that they've taken out through the Middle East and Europe, the majority of the victims are Muslim - a fact that you've agreed with.

Of course there are going to be many individuals who are going to murder Christians and Muslims for not opposing Christians, but I think that Islamic State's organizational strategy has been pointed against the West in general.

Again, the victims are not the targets in terrorism. We have to look past that to recognize who their targets actually are.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

FreeRights wrote:Again, the victims are not the targets in terrorism. We have to look past that to recognize who their targets actually are.

Seems clear to me,,,,,,,,,

"A Message signed with blood to the nation of the cross"

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-t ... is-n306721
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

driveangry wrote:Seems clear to me,,,,,,,,,

"A Message signed with blood to the nation of the cross"

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-t ... is-n306721

I, as well.

Return to “World”