Volcanoes....

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Volcanoes....

Post by Queen K »

Who cares. Let's throw Trump in and see if we can get eight more erupting.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bsuds wrote:I think we need to throw a sacrifice into one to save the World!

I offer Donald Trump to appease the Volcano Gods.
rustled wrote:(Yes, I liked it. For those about to be outraged: no, I didn't for a moment think Bsuds was seriously suggesting what you're going to suggest he was suggesting.)

:topic: Historically, how common is it to have this many volcanoes erupting at the same time?

Yes I was
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

He'd likely be the first person to ever survive being thrown in....

by being spit back out !!

8 Volcano erupting in one day, that is quite remarkable.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

The municipality of Jalisco is ‘bathed’ in ash after the strong explosion of Colima Volcano on January 18, 2017.

Zapotlán El Grande has experienced a copious rain of crater residues. Civil Protection, police forces and local firemen urge the community to take precautions.

http://strangesounds.org/2017/01/jalisc ... lcano.html
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Holy Cow! That is impressive, thanks for those AverageJoe, incredible.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
w84u2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by w84u2 »

Computers allow people to make more mistakes in less time than anything since the invention of tequila and automatic weapons.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

If this ones goes off...we won't have to worry about North Korea anymore. There will be nothing left!

Volcano Explosion Could Cause Global Catastrophe

The deadly North Korean super volcano, Mount Paektu, is set to erupt and cause a global catastrophe, the likes of which would not have been seen for a thousand years.

The 9,000 feet giant volcano located on the border between North Korea and China is the highest peak of the Korean Peninsula.

Mount Paekdu is not far from a North Korean nuclear test facility where the government is conducting nuclear bomb tests.

The active volcano is responsible for one of the deadliest eruptions in human history and experts believe history is about to repeat itself.

http://yournewswire.com/north-korea-vol ... tastrophe/
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm appreciating that photo but not necessarily for why you might think. Being a photograher who would love to travel more of the World, I like seeing areas rarely accessed. And oh ya, the volcano. So NK is doing nuclear tests near a volcano and waking it up? There has to be a correlation.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Queen K wrote:I'm appreciating that photo but not necessarily for why you might think. Being a photograher who would love to travel more of the World, I like seeing areas rarely accessed. And oh ya, the volcano. So NK is doing nuclear tests near a volcano and waking it up? There has to be a correlation.

Found another article....

Mount Paektu, a deadly and active North Korean super volcano, is set to erupt and cause a global catastrophe, the likes of which would not have been seen for a thousand years.

http://strangesounds.org/2017/01/mount- ... video.html

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Is Mnt Etna getting ready to blow?

Schoolchildren evacuated as more than 60 quakes shake Mount Etna

Schools in Sicily were evacuated on Monday after the island's active volcano, Mount Etna, experienced a flurry of quakes.

Seismic experts at Italy's National Institute of Geophysics and Vulcanology (Ingv) registered more than 60 tremors on Monday morning - the most significant measuring at least 3.5 magnitude, at 10:51am. The quakes began shortly after 6am, and five have measured over 3.0 in magnitude.

http://www.thelocal.it/20170130/mount-e ... ted-sicily

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

I'm sure there is a connection between the warming of the oceans and underwater volcanoes re-awaking.
There are so many large earthquakes lately in the central western part of the Pacific and if you look at maps of the warming of the oceans. This is the warmest part in the world oceans....

Underwater volcano erupting near Tonga

GNS volcanologist Brad Scott warned that submarine eruptions can be a danger to shipping.
The underwater volcano northwest of Tonga as seen on January 26

An underwater volcano situated near Tonga named "Submarine Volcano III" has been erupting for over a week, according to a GNS scientist and Nasa images.

On January 31, a plume was seen emanating from a "submarine volcano" by University of Auckland geographers.

It is situated about 46km northwest of Tonga's capital, Nuku'alofa.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/88969427 ... near-tonga

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-st ... htm#187688

Very cool that the photographer applied long exposure to capturing the lava flow.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Incredible moment sailors witness the birth of an island: Underwater volcanic eruption creates new landmass around stunned yachtsmen

Crew were sailing through the south Pacific when the water turned to stone
Land rose up 'like the Sahara with rolling hills as far as the eye could see'
They sailed towards plume of smoke to find underwater volcano erupting

This is the astonishing moment sailors witnessed the birth of an island when an underwater volcano created a desert before their very eyes in the middle of the ocean.

The crew of the yacht Maiken were sailing through the south Pacific near the Vava'u Islands in Tonga when they noticed that the water in the distance had gone a strange colour.

Then, as they approached, the sea mysteriously turned to stone.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4XY3RpTMr

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

epic explosions continue at Mexico's Colima

Last edited by averagejoe on Feb 6th, 2017, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “World”