Victim 'Because They're Muslim'

Jonrox

Re: Victim 'Because They're Muslim'

Post by Jonrox »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:There is always more to a story.
All we get is snippets.
Wonder where they put the booster seat in the next flight ?
Cargo hold ? Couldn't they have done that in the first flight ?
Overhead compartment in the cabin ? Couldn't they have done that in the first flight ?
Someone suggested it could have been a bomb.

They tried to check it but couldn't because the computer system was down, so apparently they were told to take it on board. Maybe the overhead bins couldn't accommodate a child seat at that point (it looked like everyone was seated and overhead bin space may have been full).

Keep in mind most of the seats used on planes for children are car seats that also have FAA approval (or are supposed to... maybe this one didn't and that's what the problem was)... they're not small.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Jonrox wrote:They tried to check it but couldn't because the computer system was down, so apparently they were told to take it on board. Maybe the overhead bins couldn't accommodate a child seat at that point (it looked like everyone was seated and overhead bin space may have been full).

Understand.
I fly often and countless times there is no room for carry-on in overhead compartments for all passengers and flight attendants ask for volunteers to allow to put their carry-on in the cargo hold. That should have been an easy solution.
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

driveangry wrote:This threw a red flag in my mind,,,,,,,,,,"They had reportedly tried to check the seat at the gate but the gate agent told them to carry it on board because the computer system was down, according CNN."

1. You check it with your luggage, not at the gate.
2. Computer system down ?? More likely luggage already loaded and cargo hold locked up for flight.

Pilot was just siding on caution, let someone else sort it all out so that the flight can leave on time. I'm sure Chicago airport is quite busy.

Cargo hold is not locked up until all passengers are on board and just about ready to leave.
You're allowed to bring your baby stroller all the way to the plane ( at the door ) and they then put it underneath in the cargo hold. Wondering why they did not do the same with the booster seat.
Not enough info to this story that's for sure.
The booster seat went through security check like all carry-on so that should not have been a problem re : bomb.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

driveangry wrote:Pilot was just siding on caution, let someone else sort it all out so that the flight can leave on time. I'm sure Chicago airport is quite busy.

Yes. Let someone else sort it all out is probably right.
Miscommunication between the gate agent and flight crew. Computers are down. Where the heck does that booster seat comes from ? Now I can kind of see why the mom called discrimination in a way. When you know you're innocent and a good person it's hard to imagine that anyone could be afraid of you I guess. That's why stereotype is so wrong.
But at the end of day none of us was there so we can only speculate as to what has happened in that plane.

Return to “World”