Victim 'Because They're Muslim'

pepsilover
Übergod

Victim 'Because They're Muslim'

Post by pepsilover »

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/mus ... cid=AARDHP

An American Muslim family are demanding an apology from an airline after being removed from a flight before take-off.

Eaman-Amy Saad Shebley, her husband and three children were about to fly from Chicago on March 20 when they were asked by a flight attendant to secure their child's booster seat.

They had reportedly tried to check the seat at the gate but the gate agent told them to carry it on board because the computer system was down, according CNN.

The flight attendant told them not to use the booster seat and they complied, said Ahmed Rehab, who is representing the family.

The family was asked to show their tickets and told they needed to leave the flight, Rehab said.

In video filmed of the incident, the father asks for a reason and a man who appears to be a pilot tells him, "Because it's my decision,".

"I felt singled-out, humiliated and helpless," the mother said.

United Airlines denies the incident was racially motivated.

"We rebooked them on a later flight because of concerns about their child's safety seat, which did not comply with federal safety regulations," United said in a statement.

"Both United and SkyWest hold our employees to the highest standards of professionalism and have zero tolerance for discrimination."
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
pepsilover
Übergod

Re: Victim 'Because They're Muslim'

Post by pepsilover »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDEjxnuJnw

Arab-American Family SLAM United Airlines For Kicking Them Off A Plane 'Because They Are Muslim'
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

They couldn't put the child booster seat underneath the plane ( cargo hold ).
So now the booster seat is with them in the plane ( in the cabin ).
Flight attendant said do not use it and they complied.
So is the booster seat in the overhead compartment ?
What was the reason they were asked to leave the plane ?
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:What was the reason they were asked to leave the plane ?

Because the pilot decided so??
hail Satan y'all
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

pepsilover wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDEjxnuJnw

Arab-American Family SLAM United Airlines For Kicking Them Off A Plane 'Because They Are Muslim'

]
so the family and some of the know it alls on here know more about airplane safety then the airline pilot now ?? lol lol lol

notice how it took the mother all but 10 sec to pull the discrimination card, :1422: :1422:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/children ... on-a-plane

Not all booster seats or child seats are approved, if any.

An approved child restraint system meets the Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (CMVSS) 213 or 213.1. A statement of compliance label must be affixed to the restraint system indicating compliance with this standard to be accepted for use on board the aircraft.

Aircraft seats are designed to different standards than automobile seats and some devices work differently and fit differently in them.

Booster seats are designed to be used for older children who have outgrown their car seat. These devices are not approved for use in an aircraft as they must be used with an automobile lap and shoulder belt.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Jlabute wrote:These devices are not approved for use in an aircraft as they must be used with an automobile lap and shoulder belt.

Exactly and they complied when the flight attendant asked them not to use it.
Wonder why they were asked to leave the plane ?
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

the truth wrote:so the family and some of the know it alls on here know more about airplane safety then the airline pilot now ?? lol lol lol

notice how it took the mother all but 10 sec to pull the discrimination card, :1422: :1422:

I don't really see anyone on here trying to say they know anything about plane safety.

But it is interesting that the family did everything right with getting the seat on the plane, and followed protocol. Then when asked to get off the air plane all the pilot had to say was "because it's my decision".

It is not like the safety of the plane is in jeopardy by having a car seat in the over head compartment.
hail Satan y'all
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Good qustion. Judgement call. They didn't like the booster seat perhaps since it is published that you can't use them anyways, and maybe there was no safe place to put it. They needed an opportunity to scrutinize the not-allowed-booster folks a little better. I've never seen a booster seat on a plane. The pilots decision trumps the decision to let it onboard perhaps.
Last edited by Jlabute on Apr 3rd, 2016, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Jlabute wrote:Good qustion. Judgement call. They didn't like the booster seat perhaps since it is published that you can't use them anyways, and maybe there was no safe place to put it. They needed an opportunity to scrutinize the not-allowed-booster folks a little better. I've never seen a booster seat on a plane.

Me neither. But they did follow protocol of the airline staff to bring the booster seat on the plane, and when told not to use it by a flight attendant, they complied to that as well. So they followed the rules of not using the booster seat. At this point is was being unused and had to be stored somewhere. Whether it was underneath the seat or in the over head compartment.
hail Satan y'all
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Jlabute wrote:I've never seen a booster seat on a plane.

Me neither.
Children under 2 can travel free but have to sit on an adult's lap for take off and landing. That's not very safe right there if you ask me.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Yup, sure they did. Maybe that would put them over their carry on limit? lol. Who knows. Maybe more details will come out. Maybe United will be on the hot seat. Maybe they had an attitude... beats me. "Thrown off" sounds a little exaggerated.

Holding anything doesn't sound safe huh.

Maybe they should profile people before they board.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

Jlabute wrote:Yup, sure they did. Maybe that would put them over their carry on limit? lol. Who knows. Maybe more details will come out. Maybe United will be on the hot seat. Maybe they had an attitude... beats me. "Thrown off" sounds a little exaggerated.

Well I feel the airline staff wouldn't have told them to bring it on the plane if it would have put them over their carry on limit. They had to know they were either going to use the booster seat, or store it. If both were against airline policies staff should have told them before they even got on the airplane.
hail Satan y'all
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Jlabute wrote:Yup, sure they did. Maybe that would put them over their carry on limit? lol. Who knows. Maybe more details will come out. Maybe United will be on the hot seat. Maybe they had an attitude... beats me. "Thrown off" sounds a little exaggerated.

Holding anything doesn't sound safe huh.

Maybe they should profile people before they board.

There is always more to the story.
Miscommunication somewhere for sure.
"Thrown off " .. well it's a catchy headline. Newspapers, media love it .. lol ..
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I wonder what additional security steps were taken after the fact. The airline staff should know if a child booster seat is allowed or not... and they aren't. "Computers were down" is a good excuse for many things. All airlines state you can't take a booster seat on to the plane. That is following the letter of the law. So if a booster seat does make it on, you have to deal with flight staff who may be a little panicky... especially if Muslims are carrying one... lol... Even more especially if it is homemade with wires dangling out of it.

Return to “World”