Robert Hall Pleads w/Canadian Gov't in Disturbing Video

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Robert Hall Pleads w/Canadian Gov't in Disturbing Video

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote:I suppose it's possible they tried to, but failed. One would like to think we tried.

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 13th, 2016, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

driveangry wrote:For Trudeau to sit back and say we don't pay ransoms is one thing but to turn your back on Canadian citizens is another.

*removed*

Hall was just a political pawn for Trudeau. His identity as a person meant nothing to him.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 13th, 2016, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

driveangry wrote:
For Trudeau to sit back and say we don't pay ransoms is one thing but to turn your back on Canadian citizens is another.

Exactly. *removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Jun 13th, 2016, 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

driveangry wrote:Robert Hall executed.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/rob ... spartanntp

What I'm really curious about is why didn't Canada send in a special OP's team. The island is small and with the help from US spy satellites a team could have been in and out rather quick.

For Trudeau to sit back and say we don't pay ransoms is one thing but to turn your back on Canadian citizens is another.

SpecOps take a lot of time to plan, and should require the permission of the country that they're operating in. You've got no idea what was planned or attempted, or what steps were taken to secure the hostages.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

for the folks that a con pm would haved payed a ransom your in fantasy land .. canada doesnt pay ransoms and as a country we have more important endeavers for our military as in training the kurds .

it is a sad waste of a canadian citizen by thugs , but canada like the americans will not focus on one person when there are many to be saved .

last it is again emberassing some fellow canadians want to use this tragedy as a means for political brownie points .
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

FreeRights wrote:SpecOps take a lot of time to plan, and should require the permission of the country that they're operating in. You've got no idea what was planned or attempted, or what steps were taken to secure the hostages.

9 months should be more than enough time, as for permission, the Philippine government had more time to deal with these terrorist since this has been going on for a longer period. What are they going to do, declare war on Canada if they send in a team ???

If any attempt was made it should be made public, but I don't believe one was made.
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

driveangry wrote:9 months should be more than enough time, as for permission, the Philippine government had more time to deal with these terrorist since this has been going on for a longer period. What are they going to do, declare war on Canada if they send in a team ???

If any attempt was made it should be made public, but I don't believe one was made.

It's apparent that you don't quite grasp the steps that it takes to send a special operations team into another country, and the amount of permissions, planning, and training that would go into an operation like that.

You say that 9 months should be enough time, but on the other hand, you don't know what the circumstances during that time were - what intelligence was available, if and how it changed over that period, what talks or committments, if any, were had with the government of the Philippines, etc. If you're implying that Canada should have sent special operations into the Philippines without permission because they aren't going to "declare war on us," then I think that's a very silly thing to do.

I do not think it's nearly as simple as you seem to think it would have been. After all, Harper was the Prime Minister for the first months of this situation, and he didn't just send special operations into the Philippines.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

FreeRights wrote:It's apparent that you don't quite grasp the steps that it takes to send a special operations team into another country, and the amount of permissions, planning, and training that would go into an operation like that.

You say that 9 months should be enough time, but on the other hand, you don't know what the circumstances during that time were - what intelligence was available, if and how it changed over that period, what talks or committments, if any, were had with the government of the Philippines, etc. If you're implying that Canada should have sent special operations into the Philippines without permission because they aren't going to "declare war on us," then I think that's a very silly thing to do.

I do not think it's nearly as simple as you seem to think it would have been. After all, Harper was the Prime Minister for the first months of this situation, and he didn't just send special operations into the Philippines.

You are quite right that I and all of the rest of concerned Canadian citizens don't understand what all goes into these decisions.

It's very easy to sit back and be a lounge chair general but I would like to believe that we have a SOP team trained, and ready at a moments notice. If police can have SWAT and other OPs ready why not the Armed Forces ??

That being said,,,,, Don't you think it would be in Trudeaus best interest to inform us concerned citizens instead of giving the impression that he (Liberal Gov.) don't give a rats a$$ about the Canadian people ???
FreeRights
Guru

Post by FreeRights »

driveangry wrote:You are quite right that I and all of the rest of concerned Canadian citizens don't understand what all goes into these decisions.

It's very easy to sit back and be a lounge chair general but I would like to believe that we have a SOP team trained, and ready at a moments notice. If police can have SWAT and other OPs ready why not the Armed Forces ??

That being said,,,,, Don't you think it would be in Trudeaus best interest to inform us concerned citizens instead of giving the impression that he (Liberal Gov.) don't give a rats a$$ about the Canadian people ???

We do have special operations trained and prepared to conduct this type of operation - Joint Task Force II and the Canadian Special Operations Regiment, specifically. That doesn't mean that they operate like they do in movies and video games, where they're dropped in and fight their way out. They actually plan and rehearse their tactics extensively, when possible, before getting a green light. In this particular case, when the operation would take place in a sovereign nation, it becomes much more complicated. Trudeau said that he was working with Philippine authorities, and it appears that they didn't act fast enough.

The last thing any government wants is a hostage rescue turn out similar to the theatre siege in Russia several years ago.

In case you weren't already aware of how guarded information is related to our special operations, it shouldn't be a surprise to discover that Trudeau doesn't come out and announce what our special operations capabilities are, or what our political situation with the Philippines is. I'm vying to think of another recent leader who had released the same national security information that you're asking for.

It's absolutely a shame that it turned out the way that it did, but you're suggesting that we should deploy our special operations generally ill-prepared, in sovereign nations that wouldn't "declare war on us" every single time a Canadian is taken hostage elsewhere in the world. That is not a realistic position to take.

Return to “World”