Robert Hall Pleads w/Canadian Gov't in Disturbing Video

pepsilover
Übergod

Robert Hall Pleads w/Canadian Gov't in Disturbing Video

Post by pepsilover »

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/rob ... spartanntp

Robert Hall pleads with Canadian government to ‘meet demands’ of captors in new video

<snip> "Warning: Disturbing details.

Abu Sayyaf, the Philippine militant group that murdered Canadian hostage John Ridsdel, has reportedly released a new video apparently showing Canadian hostage Robert Hall pleading with the government to “meet the demand” of his captors.

A transcript of the video released by SITE Intelligence group, a group that monitors jihadist activity online, includes three hostages: Hall, Filipina Marites Flor and Norwegian Kjartan Sekkingstad. Each hostage — obviously under duress, and watched over by at least six armed men — addresses the camera.

In a transcript released by SITE of the 2 minute, 7 second video Hall states: “To the Canadian government, I’m told to tell you to meet the demand. I don’t know what you’re doing, but you’re not doing anything for us. John has been sacrificed, his family has been decimated, and I’m not sure why or what you’re waiting for.”
SITE Intelligence Group
An earlier video, also reportedly released by Abu Sayyaf, apparently showed Ridsdel’s beheading.

According to tweets from SITE’s director, Rita Katz, the video of Ridsdel’s death, which bears the title “Abu Sayyaf Hostage BEHEADED Pt.1” is “brutal, barbaric, extremely graphic, and most disturbing.”

Katz wrote that the 51-second-long video stated “John Ridsdel was beheaded on 4/25, due to non-compliance of Canadian Gov.”

<snip>

More at LINK
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Robert Hall Pleads w/Canadian Gov't in Disturbing Video

Post by maryjane48 »

our govt and us govt dont pay ransoms .end of story .
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

maryjane48 wrote:our govt and us govt dont pay ransoms .end of story .

I realize that. People can weigh in as they see fit to on that, which is the point of posting this. Some other countries DO pay ransoms, most do not. I don't see how we can without being seen as supporting terrorism. It's a very tough call to make. Can't wait to see what Turdeau is made of. It's about time he had a really tough and unpopular decision to make. He has already said we don't and won't pay ransoms but seems the terrorists want to up the ante with him. Let's see what he's made of.
To PC liberals who are offended at the Christ child in a manger, I have GREAT news for you! The next time you see Him, he won't be in a manger! Sadly, if you can't handle His first appearance, you're REALLY not going to like His second appearance.
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

I am certainly no Trudeau fanboi by any stretch of the imagination but I don't believe this is something to make into a partisan issue.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

Jx3 wrote:I am certainly no Trudeau fanboi by any stretch of the imagination but I don't believe this is something to make into a partisan issue.

Nice try. It isn't a partisan issue, not to me. I want to see what Turdeau is made of, if he will stick to his decision. So far in his tenure he hasn't had to face the reality of the war on terror, or he's blown it off like that phone call he made to the Quebec man. Like I said 'let's see what he's made of'. He's my PM as well as yours, so I get to ask that question.

That seems to be a problem for you? How is that a partisan issue since only you have brought up allusions to that. I never mentioned any of that.

ETA: So what do you think Turdeau should (or will) do? It's about peoples' opinions here after all.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

If this incident is mentioned by JT at all, it will be while he is at a mosque apologizing on behalf of all Canadians to the Muslim community for any backlash that may or may not occur due to these scumbags beheading this guy. That will be it. And the trained seals will clap and praise him for doing it, as they always do.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
frazdog
Fledgling

Post by frazdog »

Not sure where you got your info from but I believe Trudeau said his govt will not pay ransom at his cabinet meeting in Alberta. He has not apologized to Muslims and is standing firm to the policy that the Conservative govt followed which is to not pay ransoms.
whatwhat
Lord of the Board

Post by whatwhat »

frazdog wrote:Not sure where you got your info from but I believe Trudeau said his govt will not pay ransom at his cabinet meeting in Alberta. He has not apologized to Muslims and is standing firm to the policy that the Conservative govt followed which is to not pay ransoms.

Exactly. They followed through with not paying the ransom of the first Canadian hostage that was murdered, I have a feeling they won't be paying the ransom for this guy either.

As horribly sad it is to see what these men and their families are going through, I have to agree with the governments not paying ransom to anyone, especially ISIS. Handing over millions of dollars to fund a terrorist group wouldn't be right.
hail Satan y'all
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

frazdog wrote:Not sure where you got your info from .

Shortly after six Canadians were killed by Islamist terrorists Prime Minister Justin Trudeau held a moment of silence for the deceased at a Peterborough mosque.

Either the PM doesn’t understand how awful the optics of this are or he doesn’t care. It’s hard to say which one is more worrisome.

Over the weekend, al-Qaida affiliates took hostages at a hotel in Burkina Faso, killing 28 people including six from Quebec.

They were friends and family travelling to build schools as part of a humanitarian effort.

It’s natural to assume this would garner a powerful response from our prime minister, who is our collective voice on the world stage.

SNIP

But instead of political leadership, in a statement Trudeau said he was “condemning” what he called a “terrible crime” as well as being “deeply saddened by these senseless acts of violence on innocent civilians.”

This tells us how he feels as a person, but nothing about what he thinks as a leader.

If his soft statement wasn’t bad enough, the real tone deaf manoeuvre from Trudeau came Sunday morning.

The PM attended an open house at a Peterborough mosque that had been set ablaze by an arsonist back in November. Before the open house, according to his itinerary, he held a private meeting with the board members of the Kawartha Muslim Religious Association.

That’s quite the coup for the mosque -- a private sit-down with the PM. And he came to them, no less.

When he later took to the podium to speak, his strongest words were not concerning the terror attack, in which six died just the day before, but for the mosque arson, in which nobody died and which took place months ago.

“I have not met a single Canadian who was not as profoundly disturbed as I was to see this kind of hate crime taking place,” he said. Back in November the PM called the mosque attack an act “of hatred and racism”.

These are far stronger words than those he used to condemn the terrorist attack. Besides, the arsonist has yet to be identified, so it’s unclear what the motives for that attack were and if Trudeau’s words were even correct.

By comparison, we know the Burkina Faso attack was an al-Qaida linked job. But Trudeau didn’t mention this in either his written statement or at the mosque.

All the six dead Canadians received on Sunday was Trudeau’s call for a moment of silence for those murdered in “a brutal attack of violent terrorism”. The lopsided optics of this whole affair certainly raise questions about the PM’s priorities.

He could have made two separate announcements. But instead he rolled them together, making the Burkina Faso statement a footnote to his pilgrimage to the mosque.

To complicate matters, the Peterborough mosque doesn’t appear to be a shining example of liberal values the PM and much of the media would have you believe.

In YouTube videos posted in 2009, entitled Marriage: Are You Ready? Shazim Khan, prior to holding his current post as imam of the Peterborough mosque, gave a lecture in which he explained it’s “a major sin” for a wife to not have sex whenever her husband wants and “there is no need for her to go out” if her husband provides for her, along with other sexist musings.

Did Trudeau and his staff know about these apparently misogynist statements?

The prime minister seems so blinded by political correctness, by a desire to appear tolerant in the eyes of the intolerant, that he has no problem visiting a mosque whose imam delivered a lecture that would likely receive an approving nod from the very people who killed Canadians only days before in the name of their religion.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

The Green Barbarian wrote:If this incident is mentioned by JT at all, it will be while he is at a mosque apologizing on behalf of all Canadians to the Muslim community for any backlash that may or may not occur due to these scumbags beheading this guy. That will be it. And the trained seals will clap and praise him for doing it, as they always do.

I hope and pray you are wrong on this, but the jury is out on how he will handle it...........we'll see I guess. At least he has to know that Canada is not exempt from this kind of terror now and I hope he acknowledges that, since they've all but forgotten about the soldiers killed by that terrorist on Parliament Hill.
pepsilover
Übergod

Post by pepsilover »

frazdog wrote:Not sure where you got your info from but I believe Trudeau said his govt will not pay ransom at his cabinet meeting in Alberta. He has not apologized to Muslims and is standing firm to the policy that the Conservative govt followed which is to not pay ransoms.

This is news today. The terrorists have upped the ante. I heard what he said before, and am waiting to see how he handles it now. Ignoring it is NOT an option. Sorry.
frazdog
Fledgling

Post by frazdog »

GB, I was referring to the recent killing of the Canadian in the Phillipines. You implied that Trudeau was going to apologize to Muslims and that he would do it in a Mosque. I was well aware of that previous statement he made in the Mosque after that earlier terrorist attack on Canadians.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

frazdog wrote: You implied that Trudeau was going to apologize to Muslims and that he would do it in a Mosque. .

I know I implied it. Why wouldn't he do it again? Honestly, I expect Trudeau's paid spin-doctors to tell him to just ignore this issue completely. It's better to go to sign climate treaties in New York and do one-armed push-ups then get dragged into stories like this that aren't very sunny.
Ranger66
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Ranger66 »

He should ignore this, he has stated the government’s policy any other comment just brings attention to scum that do not deserve it. By the way let me know when you have the discipline and perseverance to be able to do one armed push-ups and smile.
To cool to live, to smart to die or no good deed should go unpunished
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Ranger66 wrote:He should ignore this, he has stated the government’s policy any other comment just brings attention to scum that do not deserve it.

Fair enough. And I understand that decision. It's also the easiest decision too.

*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on May 3rd, 2016, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off-topic.

Return to “World”